Borrowing quests from other servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

;3
Hi Team,

Since it looks like the void left by removing all of Girth's quests is never going to be filled with new quests, would it be possible to see if there are any viable replacements on other servers? We lost about 20% of the quests and some entire quest series (RIP Ep. 2 Mop Up) when this happened. This also reverted PSO back to its vanilla state of some areas (especially VR Temple and Spaceship) sorely lacking in quests / hunts.

Are there any other creators out there with quests on other servers that aren't blatant monster spam that we could borrow? I thought this was being discussed around April / May but it just sorta died.

Thanks.

No.

Personally I stopped the whole thing of ganking quests from other servers, and just use quests with permission (although there are still some left over quests which are used without permission, but seems the authors are long gone or don't care).

Do remember that quests can be created by anyone now, and some people have even said they plan to make future quests. Personally I'd rather have a new set of quests, and the old quest sets done by Girth were not necessarily proper continuations of the SEGA quest lines anyway (the Lost series in particular though).

I'm not exactly sure how Girth's "Lost" quests weren't proper continuations since they used all the same NPCs, same dialogue style, and had enemy waves boosted over the base area at about the same rate, but they're gone now, so that doesn't matter, I suppose.

I wasn't saying you should just gank the quests, but maybe ask the creators? Is that possible?

And don't get me wrong, I love making levels on Mario Maker, but the know-how needed to make quests for this game is way out of my league (and that of most people). So it takes a very long time.

I say just make a "free field" quest of each area that has procedurally generated spawns and we'll have endless variety forever. The rote memorization takes a lot of joy out of PSO. Having a series of quests where that cannot be done would be interesting.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure how Girth's "Lost" quests weren't proper continuations since they used all the same NPCs, same dialogue style, and had enemy waves boosted over the base area at about the same rate,
Every Lost quest save for LHS had a gimmick to it that wasn't just monster spam. If you were to return this trend to Episodes 2 and 4, the only areas that should be pure monster spam would be Temple and possibly Crater, but that obviously wasn't the case.
I say just make a "free field" quest of each area that has procedurally generated spawns and we'll have endless variety forever.
Unironically a great idea, but I think it takes a lot of effort? Not sure on this one.

I personally would love another rollback due to new quests.

I say just make a "free field" quest of each area that has procedurally generated spawns and we'll have endless variety forever. The rote memorization takes a lot of joy out of PSO. Having a series of quests where that cannot be done would be interesting.
Unironically a great idea, but I think it takes a lot of effort? Not sure on this one.
A FUCKTON

PS: please name a good quest another server has, I can think of one that was worthwhile.
the rest are wrath of forest/path to salvation tier trash

Last edited:
@Cookie please share your gorgeous temple quest you have made, I'm sure this time ephinea staff is giving it the attention to check it out and bring it live? Wow, an superior quest exclusive to our server! Please..................................................................

Ade said:

Yes!!
Ep1 cmode stylez

Every Lost quest save for LHS had a gimmick to it that wasn't just monster spam. If you were to return this trend to Episodes 2 and 4, the only areas that should be pure monster spam would be Temple and possibly Crater, but that obviously wasn't the case.

Oh, you mean the terrible backtracking design of LIS (which is easily bypassed) or the single laser puzzle in LSB (or 2 if you count the one room that has a single laser in the middle) Or the easily circumvented party-split mechanic of LHP (not to mention terrible enemy count of LHP because apparently 2 players can't handle a bunch of enemies according to Sega). None of these gimmicks are noteworthy and nobody plays the Lost quests for them. They play them for the enemy counts and the overall feel. (Save for LHP which is an objectively terrible quest and is only played when it's part of HBR.) Girth's quests dispensed of unnecessary fluff.

Girth's quests are gone now, anyway, as I had mentioned, but you just had to get your digs in -_-;

Last edited:
You asked why they weren't proper continuations, and I answered you. You don't think they're good gimmicks, and that's a valid opinion, but thinking gimmicks suck doesn't mean they're not there. My point stands.

Also, I was answering your question, not "getting my digs in". Give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back