Black Screen. Audio but no Video. Windows 10.

ladygrey

Hello, I just installed the game but cannot play because the title screen is all black when I launch. I've gone through the entire readme file, and done everything it suggests but to no avail. I've also perused your FAQ here and done whatever was suggested but none of that helped either. Is my system just incompatible with this game?

For the record I'm not new to PSO. Just to Ephinea. I was hoping to play with a friend but... maybe not lol

i have a screencap of an error I got actually. Can't post it. It says "The Direct3D Device has been lost and cannot be restored. Rendering the game is no longer possible".
I have just reinstalled the graphics drivers and no difference.

Try not using classic fullscreen. Also, you may have to adjust UAC settings so that the screen doesn’t dim.

Sometimes, also, some integrated software like ATI’s Raptr can cause issues and may need to be disabled.

when i first reinstall the game couple weeks ago i had some issues not like you but i coulnt play. Ive added ephinea to defender exeption, tried again but didnt work. Then i reinstall the game and it worked as it should. Hope it helps!

Back