Best set to make for the following weapons?

Miku

vocaloid
Heaven Striker
Rambling May
Vivienne

Here's my thinking:

Heaven Striker: N/A and M/D appears to be the best based on the following analysis.
Temple: lilies, bears, many dark enemies, calling this 1N, 1A, and 3D.
Spaceship: sorcerer, delsaber, wolves, gilchichs, baranzes, calling this 1N, 2M, and 2D.
CCA: Gibbles, Gi Gue, Maricarol, Sinows, calling this 2N, 1A, and 1M.
Seabed: Delbiter, Sinows, Deldepth, calling this 1M and 2D.
Tower: Gi Gue, Maricarols, Gibbles, Del Lilly, Ill Gill, calling this 2N, 2A, and 2D.
Crater: Astark, many native, calling this 4N and 1A.
Desert: Zu, Slime, Many dark, calling this 1N, 1A, and 3D.

So based off of that, here's the most of these enemies you can hit with a HS from any particular set. Assumes you use the best one of your two per area.
AreaNA/MDNM/ADND/AM
Temple344
Spaceship433
CCA332
Seabed322
Tower444
Crater544
Desert344
Total252423
So based off of this, NA/MD has the highest total and highest unweighted total if you just want to count each area equally as if they had the same number of enemies I'd counted.

Now for the Rambling May:
Mostly the same thinking, although with somewhat less importance on machines in CCA as you can just Rabarta spam them, Megid them, demon's them or just Jellen/Zalure them and I find it rarely the best move to attack them with Rambling May anyways. In other words, CCA becomes mostly another Native/A.Beast area so it's just even more clear that NA/MD is the best combo for it.

And finally my FOney's coveted Vivienne. For this the types barely even matter as you rarely are going to be hitting multiple enemies in one combo. So the answer here is probably just whatever set you are able to make with your 2 highest hit Viviennes. But that aside, there are still some places where you would be able to hit 2 types of enemies per combo, most notably:
Temple: NA or ND or AD
Spaceship: NM or ND or MD
CCA: None?
Seabed: MD
Tower: Essentially none (lots of large single enemies, only groups are all of the same enemy)
Crater: NA but barely matters
Desert: NA or ND

And seeing that NA/MD is able to check every box on this list and no other combination is, NA/MD also appears to be the best option here.

But I'm open to hearing other opinions. Have a 100/0/0/0|40 HS and was wondering if I should just go ahead and make it 100/100/0/0|40 or wait in case I get one that is AM or AD so that I'll still be able to make some 40h set and consider that far better than no set at all, whereas the difference between different sets here is only like 25 vs 24 vs 23 which is not a big difference.

The CCA minibosses don't count towards the % boosts, so I'd rule those out.

Anyway its up to you. Personally I'm more of a fan of using and upgrading great-rng weapons early so that I can use them, so if it was me and I had that HS I'd bump Dark% up myself knowing there's less content with machines and A-beasts generally don't need much to kill. But yeah, that's just me.

For me it depends on what areas you like to play most, and where certain weapons get used.

For example, I'm happy with my sets. I have 35h set of ND and AM Heaven Strikers, and a MD Baranz. So ignoring ep1 because no types get overlapped there. ND suits desert perfectly. I do swap to my AM for Merissa, same for using it on Astarks in Crater. But ND for me is way more valuable than any other something Dark combo. The MD Baranz is because I don't really see a huge need of having NA Baranz, those enemies are usually weaker enough for my zerk Arms, or if frozen and 4 or less, I can just use my Baranz.

I play e2 a lot less, but I'm good at swapping to my other HS mid-combo, so it works out.

Realising I mentioned my Arms/Baranz for no reason. lmao

The CCA minibosses don't count towards the % boosts, so I'd rule those out.

Anyway its up to you. Personally I'm more of a fan of using and upgrading great-rng weapons early so that I can use them, so if it was me and I had that HS I'd bump Dark% up myself knowing there's less content with machines and A-beasts generally don't need much to kill. But yeah, that's just me.
Wait what? What all enemies are immune to the % boosts? You just mean Gibbles, Gi Gue, Maricarol, Marikle, and Maricus? That changes everything. As in, there are only a few key places in ep2 where it really matters, and with how much I like doing CCC temple and it seems that I mostly hit native and dark enemies there, I'd probably just prefer native/dark for ep2. Crater is easily manageable with any set as Astark is like the only non-native enemy anyways, and I've found native/dark to be the best for desert as most everything there is native or dark except for the slimes (Merissa or whatever) which just appear in groups where you can just switch weapons for them no problem. I really need to change my HS recommendation to be native/dark then.

One thing I always seriously consider is that there are ZERO machine type enemies in all of Episode 4, and I play A LOT of Episode 4.

Even though ND / AM HS set loses in terms of sheer NUMBER of enemy combos (barely), I have two words: Zus / Detonators

Okay new system. It isn't about number of enemies, it's about mixed enemies and now that I know Maricarol, Marikle, Maricus, Gi Gue, and Gibbles don't count, I have some adjustments. Enemies I list are now 1 point or 0.5 points for ones rarely mixed in so they're largely irrelevant.

Temple - Mostly intermixed is rappies, hildebears, various dimenions/del-d, belras, grass assassins, so call this 2N 3D 1A
Spaceship - Baranz (although mostly solo attacking with hs), wolves, gilchiches, pan arms (although also mostly solo), delsabers, sorcerers (also kinda solo) calling this 1N 1.5M 1.5D
CCA - Mostly just Sinows and natives at this point with Ul/Zol gibbon being intermixed with them some. Ignoring the minibosses can most other enemies being hellable makes this 1N 1M basically.
Tower - Doesn't matter just use the dark hs
Seabed - Delbiter, Sinows, Deldepth, calling this 1M and 2D.
Crater - Astark and many native. Although this is pretty easy to manage with any and Astarks aren't really all that common so it hardly even matters. Will give N/Ab. only a tiny boost for this.
Desert - Seeing that the Merissas mostly just appear in groups, N/D seems to just be by far the best option here.

So new table:
AreaN/AN/MN/DOverall importanceWeighted points
Temple34526/8/10
Spaceship32.52.526/5/5
CCA12122/4/2
Seabed32226/4/4
Tower-----
Crater2110.10.2/0.1/0.1
Desert33526/6/10
Total1514.516.5-26.2/27.1/31.1

So with my new math, I come up with that the N/D setup is the overall best one. It is what I was using before at 30h and it seemed great, I guess I'll try to continue with it once I get another good heaven striker.

Back