Basic registration code?

Smokey

RevPSO C.E.O
Can someone put up a basic registration code for PHP 5.4?

I moved to a new VPS and my old code no longer works it gives invalid input errors and nothng I've tried seems to work properly.

Smokey

RevPSO C.E.O
Chuk, it basically tells me everything I input is invalid.

you can test it for yourself here.

I'm pretty much stumped.....thought it was ReCaptcha so i removed that in a test and still got the errors.

Chuk

Can you echo back the received input from the fields? You can see if they are what you expect or not that way.

Smokey

RevPSO C.E.O
Umm I don't think so, you mean like see what people input into the fields? No, i have no way of doing that....one thing I noticed, but im not sure if it's why it's not working is my old VPS ran on PHP 5.3, this is on php 5.4...

but, i'm not sure if that'd cause this kind of issue.....as I thought most PHP versions were backwards compatible anyway.

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
I can take a look at the php code if you like (send via pm) you can obviously strip out any passwords and sql connection details.

Older versions of PHP didn't require that you check that a variable is set before testing it. However later versions do. but to be honest if it worked on 5.3 it should also work on 5.4. It could just be the error handling is wrong and the issue lies else where.