bank

is there any way beyond the log to track illegal items. or a way to access the bank and removes items or make donations and prizes?

Chuk

Not really, an hacked item will usually look like a regular one. And yeah you can easily change the bank and inventory of a player with an inventory reader which downloads the character blob from the database, edits it and uploads it back.

Soly

I will be posting soon a custom database client, that will let you edit accounts, inventory and banks, character data...
You will have to give me some time tho, as i need to clean it a bit and add a way to load database credentials from a file

That tool sounds really handy! Would that by chance work with a DAT file server? Or only with a SQL server when it's finished?

Sodaboy

Administrator
Staff member
Certainly hope it won't work with the .DAT one.

The .DAT version is completely unsupported in the next version other than to convert to SQLite.

Soly

robman2122 said:
That tool sounds really handy! Would that by chance work with a DAT file server? Or only with a SQL server when it's finished?
Sodaboy said:
Certainly hope it won't work with the .DAT one.
The .DAT version is completely unsupported in the next version other than to convert to SQLite.

It definitely does not work with the DAT version of the server, as Soda said it wont be supported anymore, I think Lee made a tool for that but I don't know how far it went...
Since the server will work with SQLite instead of DAT, I would like to add support for that, we will see when it comes out...
Also a tool to export DAT to SQL/SQLite would be handy, I might be able to do that at some point. At least the account character and bank data

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
There will be a tool for converting dat to sqlite database that will come with the binaries.

tofuman said:
There will be a tool for converting dat to sqlite database that will come with the binaries.

Also sounds great! I was starting to kick myself for going DAT, but once you're in too deep, you're bound to anger some folks by starting over. I look forward to the conversion when it becomes available!

robman2122 said:
Also sounds great! I was starting to kick myself for going DAT, but once you're in too deep, you're bound to anger some folks by starting over. I look forward to the conversion when it becomes available!

I talked it over with my staff/players, and we decided it was in the best interest of the servers continued usage to go ahead and convert to SQL after all, so I eagerly await this tools arrival! :D

Soly, I am thoroughly enjoying your drop editor, so I am sure whatever you're cooking up will work great!

tofuman

Administrator
Staff member
Currently the tool is designed to migrate the DAT based Databases to SQLite. Would admins also like an option to migrate to an MySQL database?

Soly

If I were in such position I would probably like to migrate to MySQL instead of SQLite... but is up to the people actually running DAT...
Either way, I think you should have both options, or make 2 binaries (1 for each migration)?