Archvile's hunting journey

Archvile

Likely to own a Sato for every characters created
Guildcard
Hello folks! Back on the SCHT's forum there used to be a thread where everyone shared the progress on their current hunts, it was pretty cool to see the frequent updates posted by members. I haven't seen such a thread here to my surprise, although with the popularity of Discord I'm fairly sure 80% of the discussions are on there.

Anyway the purpose of this thread is sort of like Minsc's journal and Alakaboom's blog, except it will be just me sharing the progress of the various hunts I'll undertake in-game. If such thread isn't allowed please delete it, I could understand why, especially if everyone made one of these. No harm done, I'll just take my format to the rares/accomplishment thread if so. If you're curious about me I'll also answer whatever questions you might have. Without further ado...

With Shanoa finally in Ultimate, I immediatly began my hunt for a Vivienne in EP2. Then I was reminded that it doesn't drop for purplenum! It's kay though, I'm going after Yas9k via MAE VR. If anyone wanna join in on the runs you're more than welcomed to.

Let's see if my Arch/Luck++ from the other server will happen here too. :wacko:

Hunt #1: Yasminkov 9000M (weak but I love the Yas serie of guns)
Progress thus far:

Last edited:
cool thread. i really enjoy reading these sorts of things

mae:vr is probably better for crimsons if you're resetting (temple only)

vivi only drops on skyly and pinkal, so there's no way to really "side-hunt" yas9k at the same time

hopefully you have sky/pink friends to make these rooms. just didn't want to see you waste any time doing purple temple in hopes of a vivi

cool thread. i really enjoy reading these sorts of things

mae:vr is probably better for crimsons if you're resetting (temple only)

vivi only drops on skyly and pinkal, so there's no way to really "side-hunt" yas9k at the same time

hopefully you have sky/pink friends to make these rooms. just didn't want to see you waste any time doing purple temple in hopes of a vivi
I'm afraid it is the case, I don't know why I thought Viv did drop from pnum there, must've been really tired at the time. Or maybe I just forgot. :wacko:
Although, I gained quite a few levels so not all is wasted. Thanks for telling me, although I really should've double checked first.

Bah, no big deal. I'll just edit the OP then go after Yas9k first then! I'll try your quest suggestion.

Last edited:
i'm skyly fam
My HUct will handle this when he's back, he's also Skyly, though I may nag you for a few runs!

Anyway, looks like my Arch/Luck++ is still present!

Yas9k hunt report:

#1: Nothing
#2: Yasminkov 9000M 35H post-tekking

Looks like I'm already done with this one for the time being! If I somehow want a better one hit wise I'll return to it but...for now this is a great start!

Last edited:
With Yas9k out of the way I am now focusing toward acquiring a Lavis Cannon from Tollaw. Now unlike Yas9k, this one is obviously a lot of more tricky to get due to it's relatively rare drop rate, that said this is more so a long term hunt over a "hunt till it drop" sort of deal, like with the Yas. Basically, it's something I'll frequently come back to in an attempt to get it, just like Psycho Wand (oh we'll get to that one...). Anyway, my method for Lavis is the good ol' Lost Heat Sword, although this time, I redo the room once Forest 1 is over. Here's the report so far...

Hunt #2: Lavis Cannon w/Hit
Via Lost HEAT Sword

#1: Hitless L&K14 combat
#2: Nothing
#3: Nothing
#4: Nothing
#5: Nothing
#6: 45/0/0/0/15 L&K14 combat, post-tekking, hitless H&S25
#7: Nothing
#8: Nothing
#9: Nothing
#10: Nothing
#11: Nothing
#12: Nothing
#13: Box PD
#14: hitless H&S25
#15: Nothing
#16: Nothing
#17: Nothing

As you see, nothing too good for now! Although I'm glad to see a PD (bet I won't say that later...) I'll do a couple more tonight though. My next major hunt, which I'll begin tomorrow, will most likely be a Frozen Shooter with hit. @Eistee already gave me one hitless, which helped tremendously on my way to Ult but now it's time I get my own. (I'll give you back your old one if you want!). Looking forward to it!

LHS is good hunting ground, tallow might be a pain about dropping a lavis. I tried to get an agito from a tallow for quite awhile with no luck but it is possible. Also good for exp if you do the whole quest, even a chance for a hit frozen shooter xD

i remember seeing these threads back in the day often, and I used to keep logs like this in notepad files. it's a nice sight to see again.

best of luck to you on your hunts

LHS is good hunting ground, tallow might be a pain about dropping a lavis. I tried to get an agito from a tallow for quite awhile with no luck but it is possible. Also good for exp if you do the whole quest, even a chance for a hit frozen shooter xD
Yeah i'm definitely missing out a chunk of EXP. including Sil but it's kay. If we exclude the boss, it might be a better gain to redo after forest 1 but that depends how fast I run it.

i remember seeing these threads back in the day often, and I used to keep logs like this in notepad files. it's a nice sight to see again.

best of luck to you on your hunts
Ah, I'm still doing that with my hunts and mats plans, I just note em down on a .txt file on my pc haha. S'why I did this thread, even though I know nowadays Discord replaced forum so to speak, I still enjoy just updating something like this thread. If more people join me in doing that, I'd rename the thread to just the official hunt thread instead of being my own little personal thread.

Thank you both for taking the time to read the thread!

Yeah i'm definitely missing out a chunk of EXP. including Sil but it's kay. If we exclude the boss, it might be a better gain to redo after forest 1 but that depends how fast I run it.

Yeah it's really about what you're trying to get out of it. If you're just trying to milk the tallow, I recommend killing til the first spawn of tallows in the third room, hitting the switch to unlock the gate in the second room, and then kill the tallow trap that gets triggered after you enter the unlocked box room. A bit repetitive but you still gain exp, meseta, materials etc.

Yeah it's really about what you're trying to get out of it. If you're just trying to milk the tallow, I recommend killing til the first spawn of tallows in the third room, hitting the switch to unlock the gate in the second room, and then kill the tallow trap that gets triggered after you enter the unlocked box room. A bit repetitive but you still gain exp, meseta, materials etc.
So basically, stopping before the moth nest, it's definitely something I'm considering when I continue, for now though I'm switching to Froozer hunt. Uber hunts are always a "doing it over time" sort of deal.

Last edited:
Here's a hunt report! As previously mentionned in my last report, I switched over to hunt a Frozen Shooter with Hit. So for this hunt I'm using the quest Tyrell's Ego which has about 54 Hildelts, ontop of tons of enemies so it's good EXP too!

Hunt #3: Frozen Shooter w/Hit
Via: Tyrell's ego
Hildetorrs count: 3

#1: Nothing
#2: Hitless Cross Scar, hitless Custom Ray ver.00
#3: Froozer 15/25/0/0/0, Bloody Art 20/0/40/0/25
#4: Hildetorr's mesetas!
#5: Froozer 0/25/45/0/0/, hitless L&K14, Custom Ray ver.00 0/0/15/0/25
#6: Nothing
#7: Hitless Custom Ray ver.00
#8: Hitless Cross Scar, Hitless L&K14 combat, Hitless Elysion
#9: Hitless Elysion
#10: Hitless Elysion
#11: Hitless Mace of Adamant, Hitless Red Handgun
#12: Hitless Cross Scar
#13: Hitless Bloody Art
#14: Gulgus PD
#15: Hitless H&S25, Hitless Kaladbolg

Yesterday, I was rather lucky. I met 3 in 3 runs. Sadly both Froozer dropped without Hit and well...let's just say I could've lived without the 1.9k mesetas the second Torr gave me! Today though, no such luck with Torrs, haven't seen one since and my name's been yellow since last night with a Rare % of 127%. Beside the froozer and the PD i've mainly found hitless junks, although a hit red handgun could be handy. I'm thinking of creating my HUcast soon and give Shan a lil break while I level him. Naturally, I'll still try to get some daily runs for the hunts or, if anyone wanna play with me.

Congrats on the froozer! Gotta love Hildetorr's mesetas lol
Thanks! Although the hunt continue cause gotta have that Hit!

And lol when I saw the mesetas I was like "oh you big nerd...come back here!"

Ah, I'm still doing that with my hunts and mats plans, I just note em down on a .txt file on my pc haha. S'why I did this thread, even though I know nowadays Discord replaced forum so to speak, I still enjoy just updating something like this thread. If more people join me in doing that, I'd rename the thread to just the official hunt thread instead of being my own little personal thread.

I just couldn't get myself into Discord. A forum post can be more structured and in-depth.

Back