Anyone from the old SEGA Forums?

Physalis17

SEGA Fox Boi
Hey guys,

I was playing with some players this morning and ran into someone I hadn't seen in years. I remembered him from my high school days on the SEGA Forums back in 2000-2003. It was a blast from the past because I would spend my entire lunch hour in the computer lab talking SEGA hardware and tech in general on that message board. I had the same username and Tails was my avatar on there as well. Wanted to recreate as close to possible my account to see if anyone else from there made it to this server and remembers me. If you do remember me, I would love to play with you in game. My character name is Physalis. He's a blue Hucast.

Can we just agree to forget about forums pre-Schthack?

Please

Oof. Sorry I didn't know old forums were a sore spot on here. The official SEGA forums helped me get through high school socially so they were very special to me. Seeing a friend in game brought back great memories and was hoping to relive them.

Hey guys,

I was playing with some players this morning and ran into someone I hadn't seen in years. I remembered him from my high school days on the SEGA Forums back in 2000-2003. It was a blast from the past because I would spend my entire lunch hour in the computer lab talking SEGA hardware and tech in general on that message board. I had the same username and Tails was my avatar on there as well. Wanted to recreate as close to possible my account to see if anyone else from there made it to this server and remembers me. If you do remember me, I would love to play with you in game. My character name is Physalis. He's a blue Hucast.

Sega was one of the best times for me, I would play all night after college daily. Man, I used to spam the off-topic section in the forums there so much. I don't remember your name but still wanted to say hi, glad to see you join us :)

There have been a few names around from then but most people are newer. Uno, XII & Zale are 3 of those few I've seen from back then. All of whom are inactive rn.

Up until recently you could still access the old forums but sega did a new setup and the links I have now (http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?190-Phantasy-Star-Online-Blue-Burst) can't be retrieved. I used to look at things for nostalgia sometimes. You can still use a wayback machine though I haven't found anything decent stored in the archive yet.

Also there is this in the new forums: http://www.segaforums.com/index.php?threads/phantasy-star-online-archive.1585/

That's awesome Spuz. Nice to meet you and I'm very glad I joined. I ran into Petra on the game and I remembered him from the time I was on the forums. I was also on the forums with a user named Diego. I looked at the new forums and I do not like the new look. I miss the SEGA logo and the boards being blue and white. I tried using the wayback machine, but the forums haven't been archived from then sadly.

https://web.archive.org/web/20011031021809/http://sega.com:80/index.jhtml

This front page is what I remember. I'm not even sure if my old username and posts were saved on the new forum since Sega is no longer using the Vbulletin boards.

One of mew's happier memories from the SEGA servers was a mod had turned our Entire lobby POCKET SIZED like from the quest Today's Rate! Wonder if mew can harass Soda-samas for that /command?? >=3 <3

I'm the Real Son of momonpso
Wow, I actually remember that name, the og mod. I played on PSOBB: US pre-scht and only a little on scht. I was wondering if anyone on this server played on psobb sega us as the majority of people here started with scht. I remember wanting to dig up posts from sega forums a year ago or so, will try to find some old posts of mine using that archive, I really doubt it but maybe I've met some of you more than a decade ago? o_o

I had a racast "DewDaDash" (Bulky physique, red/black color) that was at lvl 200 and a fonewearl "ZeldasSis" (purple w/ blonde hair) that was at lvl 160-170 before the server shut down, not sure if any of those names rings a bell. I loved playing back then, I was very young, in middle school( I think I was 12 then?) and would just play it nonstop back then and then played PSU a bit after that. My memory is pretty vague of what I remember playing with. I would usually play with a white fomarl that went by "Starzz" pretty often and another friend was "Taxer" (ramar)

Edit: I get an error message when I tried to go into PSOBB under archive ;.;

Last edited:
A year late to respond but I totes remember momonpso.

Were they the one who raised mags for people? Used to post on there ALL the time.

can't believe i didn't post in this thread

I'm alakaboom from way the fuck back

I was on the old forums, but my username has my dead name in it so not sharing that I'm afraid.

I'm the Real Son of momonpso
That's aweome! I was on sega too, and I remember her making a post about how she only got into it to play with her son. I can even remember her avatar on the sega forums lol. At the time I thought "what a cool mum" hahaha

Anyway, nice to see you - I was also wondering who might still around from back in the day. So many names spring to mind not yet mentioned: Halikus, Ytua, Dakkon, Iron Fox, IamYour, CellarDoor, MaliciouS, Betty, Kef(?) - man, that's going back some way!

Last edited:
Back