Android Client?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shichimiya, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Shichimiya

Shichimiya Member

Guildcard:
    It's probably not even possible but I think it would be really cool to be able to play from a smartphone with a Bluetooth controller.

Come on @Sodaboy ! I know you are smart enough to do it somehow! :p

A Man in Flames and Spuz like this.
  2. Jyuki

Jyuki Prima Undine

Guildcard:
    The only way would be an emulation like Wine (PSO use DirectX and Android is based on a Linux kernel, hence no directx).

And it seems like there's already some builds for Android: https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/android/

If my phone was more powerful I'd try it out but I don't want it to burn. :wacko:

Shichimiya and Spuz like this.
  3. Spuz

Spuz Without rain, nothing grows.

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    Would be pretty cool to play on a notebook maybe too But I am unsure how my note/phone would handle PSO. If there was a way to set it up I would definitely give it a go!

Shichimiya likes this.
  4. A Man in Flames

A Man in Flames 30K Gi Gue Slaughterer

Guildcard:
    Smartphone hardware today well exceeds the computational power of yesterday's PC hardware. Minus the software challenges this poses, I would love to have PSO in my pocket on Android.

I think, as the kids say, would be 'amazeballs'.

Shichimiya likes this.
  5. KatawaFriendo

KatawaFriendo Mostly Rem now

Guildcard:
    Ferreal though, mid and high-end smartphones are more powerful than any (pre-built) computer that was out in 2004, even ones that handled PSOBB like a charm. (except for the whole dedicated GPU thing) They'd probably get super hot doing it, though. Someone could maybe make a Wine-wrapper around the Ephinea launcher, but I'm a little rusty.

Shichimiya likes this.