Alakaboom's blog/thread, Reader Discretion Advised. Safe for work.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Alakaboom, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

Last night I went to a Subaru car meet I haven't been to in a while. Of course, I'm always early so I stopped at a pub. I was eating my dinner of steak and eggs, just minding my own buisness, when an older man came over and started talking to me. It was really weird because he was a bit awkward. He left and I went to the bathroom. When I came out he was back at my table. I sat down and kinda ignored him as best I could until he went and sat down back at the bar.

Once I had finished eating, I paid my bill, got up, and left. I had almost reached my car when I noticed I was being followed by the same guy. I got in my car and told him I had to go. He started following me across the lot. When I parked my car, he parked next to me and asked me to get in his car. I said I appreciate the offer but I was not interested. He kept pressing so I rolled my windows up and locked my doors. He left. I waited there until some of the members of the subaru group showed up. I saw one that was someone I knew and hung around him until I felt safe again.

Super creepy experience. I hope this never happens again. I hate it becasue I like going to this pub and seeing my friends from the car club.

I could have been raped or killed last night. I'm glad I chose to play it safe.

cameron- likes this.
  2. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

3. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

4. Eternal X

Eternal X Member

Guildcard:
    I hope it's okay to post this here.

I recently came out of the hospital due to a suicide attempt, and after reading through most of this thread (though not all, but I will get to it), I can say that I definitely relate to a lot of what you mentioned and talked about. Specifically, my family, but especially my mom, acts/acted the EXACT same way as yours did in regards to my transition. Early on she tried to deter me by giving reasons that she thought I would fail - saying I would be made fun of, saying people would always be able to tell I'm a man, and even trying to convince me at one point that I'm not really trans, just because my interests were always centered around video games/computers. She is starting to come around a tiny bit, and we've even gone shopping recently. But she and the rest of my family *still* call me by my dead/male name even in public, despite me living full-time as female for about a year now, and on HRT for almost two.

Because of her, I delayed my transition by about 12 years due to self-doubt and fear. But I can say after pushing through it these past couple of years, I regret none of it. And so far, she was wrong about every single thing that she tried to warn me about. I just wanted to mention this in case your mom is still being hurtful and non-supporting. Try not to let what she says get to you to the point of destroying all motivation, like it did for me all of those years.

Though I'm not in the best emotional state myself (I'm ashamed to say I literally was crying while typing some of this post...), if you ever need someone to talk to, I'll always be around to listen. I don't know if it's the same for you, but in my case I've realized that loneliness is one of my biggest triggers for depression. I've been trying to reach out more to try and make friends which is one of the reasons I decided to come here, to try and socialize with people who are also into a game I used to/still adore. I have autism which makes this extremely difficult as well, and before HRT I didn't even have the urge to socialize, which resulted in me ending up with the social skills of a child even now at 28, and literally zero friends, online or IRL (my only friend, my amazing, wonderful little puppy who has been with me my entire adult life, passed away about a year ago, and everything mentally has gone downhill since then.)

As a side note, I'm astonished at one of the earlier posts someone made in this thread, saying that people will always be able to tell that you're trans, and that you'll never be a "real woman" - as you can tell, hormones can be practically literal magic. Of course there are those things that can't be changed from HRT alone like bone structure and voice, but I personally believe that with enough time, any trans woman can look cis on HRT alone (you do already in my opinion, by the way.) And in terms of the "real woman" part of this; once on HRT, chemically, emotionally, and for the most part physically, you are no different than anyone born a woman. Even after the projected 2-5 years they say it takes for the maximal effects of HRT, which is just an estimate, your body never just stops changing. You will continue to see small changes for the better, for many more years beyond this.

I hope I didn't derail this thread too much. Please be kind to yourself and please stay safe.

Michelle

Alakaboom, cameron-, anime and 2 others like this.
  5. KatawaFriendo

KatawaFriendo You can call me Rem.

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    This is unofficially the communal trans girl venting thread. :3c

Alakaboom, Eternal X and Yuffie like this.
  6. Yuffie

Yuffie Member

@Eternal X ty for this wonderful post, I experienced many of the things you mentioned myself, 10 years delayed hrt...
    Edit: pretty late here already, ima share more tomorrow :3c
    Edit, edit: not able to open myself in the public, welcome to the server and whenever you feel to talk, or play or whatever just let me know x3

Last edited: Jun 4, 2019
    Alakaboom and Eternal X like this.
  7. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

DM me on discord I have so much to say. Lorelei Moira#5314

Eternal X and KatawaFriendo like this.
  8. KatawaFriendo

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    lolol oops. Commented "egg" as a joke on a friend's status on Facebook; the status was "yo I'm feeling pretty weird atm and thinking a lot but it feels good. [thinking emoji] not sure what to do now." They messaged me about it, aaaaaaand...my joke was actually right on the money. (For those unaware, in context, "egg" refers to people who are only just realizing they may be trans but haven't necessarily come to terms with it.)

Also, happy burpday Alakagirl :3c

Alakaboom and Eternal X like this.
  9. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

61958747_2274528559295153_8338432963687481344_n.jpg
    playing with some makeup again

Eternal X and CastorofTroy like this.
  10. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member

Moving to Houston, Texas August 1st.

11. Bonesy

Bonesy it me

Guildcard:
  12. KatawaFriendo

Guildcard:
    Guildcard 2:
    I'm in Seattle staying with a partner of mine & four days in and her apt smells like devil's lettuce and booty love

13. Alakaboom

Alakaboom Member