Advice for Miku

Miku

vocaloid
Hey guys, I have a couple questions.

1. I find it kinda slow to change weapons. Would it be cheating to make a hotkey script where I could press 1 button and it would input the combination to open the weapon menu, press down some number of times, equip the weapon, then close the menu, or is that just a great idea that I should get going as soon as possible?

2. I've reached the point where I can really start sphering weapons. I was thinking of first making a native-dark heaven striker and an a. beast-machine baranz launcher. Is this a good idea, or is there some better option someone would like to recommend?

I am not sure how you have your controls set up. But, I would highly recommend using something like xpadder, antimicro, or joy2key to map keys to your controller. If you map Up and Down arrows to your right stick, you should have no problem navigating the menus fast. Keep in mind that the arrows scroll faster than the default game pad controls. Also, you can map F2 to a key so that you can quickly bring up the equip menu.

It isn't against the rules to write such a script, but you will be much better benefited by practicing doing it by hand.

Those both seem like really good items to sphere first for Ranger! I'd personally put machine on Baranz first, then Dark on HS.

StevieWonder, you make the mistake of thinking I have a controller at all. I'm using a keyboard. Right now, to change weapons, I have to press like 5 buttons using both hands lol.

StevieWonder, you make the mistake of thinking I have a controller at all. I'm using a keyboard. Right now, to change weapons, I have to press like 5 buttons using both hands lol.

Are you not using the quick menu? You can switch weapons with just your right hand on the default keyboard controls.

Shortcut menu, Control + End. Should be easier and faster for you to hit. Can easily hit with your right hand, once you hit enter to select you weapon/item/spell it closes itself.

Here is a link to the PSO BB Manual

Hope I was able to help you, I'm not keyboard player, but using AHK to swap weapons isn't hard. You just have to put them in the same order at the top of your item list, which you probably already do.

Last edited:
Once you get good at using the quick menu, you likely won’t need to consider anything else. It can be used to quickly switch weapons, as well as use items and techs. Quick menu is actually the fastest way to use techs if you do it quickly enough because you can queue the next attack up during the animation of the current one, so that when the first animation finishes the next tech fires off immediately after.

Hope this helps! In quick menu we trust...

The quick menu is pretty useful for switching between weapons. The trick is to get it on a keybinding that works for you. In my case, though, I use a controller.

In my case I don't use XPadder or anything and I use Left Trigger and Y to bring mine up (or L1 and Triangle if you prefer PS controllers). I setup my bindings based off a mod pack's recommendation and it works for me. Though I can't find that reference for you now.

I also order my weapons in my Inventory to be at the top and a specific order; this way there's less of "what order is that weapon in" and more of "I know it's in slot x". Of course this gets confusing if you pickup a wepon and throws off the order of everything lol.

Once you get good at using the quick menu, you likely won’t need to consider anything else. It can be used to quickly switch weapons, as well as use items and techs. Quick menu is actually the fastest way to use techs if you do it quickly enough because you can queue the next attack up during the animation of the current one, so that when the first animation finishes the next tech fires off immediately after.

Hope this helps! In quick menu we trust...

What he means to say is that the Quick menu is Frame perfect because of this. While if your doing techs from the pallete it's from your human hand speed.

I wouldn't sphere anything weaker than cannon rouge because its a total waste and you won't see much difference in how fast you finish a game.

When I played back on Schthack I was given a fully sphered Baranz launcher set and I only found it useful for certain spawns like 3 or 4 Frozen Del-Ds or Sinow Zoas. The slow bullet speed means you must freeze fast moving mobs unless you're really close to them.

The only weapon I've sphered on this server is a native Excalibur just so you know :p

I wouldn't sphere anything weaker than cannon rouge because its a total waste and you won't see much difference in how fast you finish a game.

When I played back on Schthack I was given a fully sphered Baranz launcher set and I only found it useful for certain spawns like 3 or 4 Frozen Del-Ds or Sinow Zoas. The slow bullet speed means you must freeze fast moving mobs unless you're really close to them.

The only weapon I've sphered on this server is a native Excalibur just so you know :p
Well, maybe I'm not as concerned with cost of sphering as you are. I have a sjs and 4 POSS to sell, 150 PDs sitting around, and can likely get 1 sphere from the summer event and 5 more from the anniversary event. I think I can get to the point where I'll have all my best gear sphered. Better gear it seems people just won't sell at all, so I won't even really need the PDs to attempt to buy gear any more. It'll just be about hunting better gear. And considering my luck, I'll probably have enough PS to fully power up each new, better piece of gear by the time I manage to find any of it.

Sorry to kinda but the old thread, but I've got a new idea I'd like some comments about. I've noticed my new TypeME/Mechs seem plenty good at killing the enemies that are easy enough to hit. As in, stuff like Maricarols, S-Red, etc., that don't move around too unpredictably, I can fairly easily defeat with that. It seems like I only really need the hs for native and dark enemies, like Zu and Dark Falz. I'm thinking, is it really even worth bothering trying to make a set of hs, or should I just got with a native+dark one and then hope someday I eventually get a 35+ hitter? It seems like to big of an investment to sphere up 2 30 hitters when they could eventually both need to get sold. My main question here though is: Are there any A. beast/machine enemies where you'd really want a hs and I'd be missing out on having with this idea?

I wouldn´t sphere a 2nd hs (maybe if i reach deep endgame one day). Don't you owe weapons that have a higher priority to sphere before working on a 2nd hs (im pretty sure you do, especially if you dont't play ra only. Maybe considering getting new srank weps too if u miss/ or could benefit more from then from a hs set?)?

I wouldn´t sphere a 2nd hs (maybe if i reach deep endgame one day). Don't you owe weapons that have a higher priority to sphere before working on a 2nd hs (im pretty sure you do, especially if you dont't play ra only. Maybe considering getting new srank weps too if u miss/ or could benefit more from then from a hs set?)?
I mostly play RA but sometimes FO. Very rarely HU as they just don't seem as good. And my FO weapons kinda aren't worth sphering currently. I also pretty much have most of the S ranks or other stuff PDs can but that I want at this point, except stuff people almost never sell and you mostly have to find yourself. Haven't sphered the first hs yet though. Still could make a set.

Back