addon ui causing sever fps lag

ArkumaNGS

The cutest Arks Defender
Guildcard
iv reinstalled the ui addon after a long time got all the necessary files loaded the game and the fps tanked it was running at 1fps on an rtx 2070 i removed all addons to the barebones and it still slightly stuttered no clue if its still a work in progress on any fixes
my specs:
rtx 2070
ryzen 7 5800x
32gb 3600
Windows 11

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 18
Ephinea doesn't really own/support the Lua addons. Although I've done a lot of work on them in the past, if your PC is capable of running that resolution with that level of SSAA, then the Lua addons shouldn't be any issue for you.

But what did you try? Do you still have the FPS issues if you disable SSAA or go into windowed/lower resolution? SSAA is really intense, even for my PC which is ~4 years behind at this point.

There's a "Log" addon in the addons main menu. Are you getting nonstop errors displayed there? Did you try disabling all addons through their configuration windows? What about other versions of Direct3D?

Ephinea doesn't really own/support the Lua addons. Although I've done a lot of work on them in the past, if your PC is capable of running that resolution with that level of SSAA, then the Lua addons shouldn't be any issue for you.

But what did you try? Do you still have the FPS issues if you disable SSAA or go into windowed/lower resolution? SSAA is really intense, even for my PC which is ~4 years behind at this point.

There's a "Log" addon in the addons main menu. Are you getting nonstop errors displayed there? Did you try disabling all addons through their configuration windows? What about other versions of Direct3D?
il give it a try

after messing with the settings the i turned it down to 1080p and now its stable and smooth ty

You may be better off running MSAA at 4K instead of running SSAA at 1080p. SSAA is basically rendering the whole game at 2x or 4x the original resolution - it is less efficient than MSAA or SMAA.

You may be better off running MSAA at 4K instead of running SSAA at 1080p. SSAA is basically rendering the whole game at 2x or 4x the original resolution - it is less efficient than MSAA or SMAA.
With the latest update, now the Depth of Field and Ambient Occlusion shaders work on MSAA/HSAA, so hooray for now being able to use them again, if you liked those things!

Last edited:
Back