Addon Issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by ArseNe, Mar 16, 2020.

1. ArseNe

ArseNe Member

Guildcard:
    So, recently I was trying to have the character reader addons on my Ephinea. I followed the setup guide carefully, and I even double(or maybe even triple) checked it that I didn't mess up somewhere on the way to the end of the setup. I downloaded the lastest version of the addons. So the problem is, whenever I try to turn on my monster reader(it says that on the main menu). the game suddenly freezes and crashes. Is there anything that I could do to fix this?

2. Ender

Ender of fun

Guildcard:
    Which guide did you follow?

Is there any window indicating why it crashed? If you open the Windows Event Viewer and look at Windows Logs>Application, do you see an APPCRASH for psobb.exe? If so, what's the offending module? You say your issue is just the Monster Reader--does the Item Reader work fine for you?

3. ArseNe

ArseNe Member

Guildcard:
    The Item reader doesn't show up when I click it on the main menu. I'll look onto it. Also, is it fine not having the Character folder(that folder is not even there in the zip file)?

4. Ender

Ender of fun

Guildcard:
    I'm confused--the "character reader" is an old addon from 3 years ago that was renamed/deprecated. Which guide did you follow? I don't recall seeing that mentioned anywhere recently. Or by "character reader", are you referring to the item reader (which may still be named "character reader" in some old screenshots).

If the item reader also doesn't show, it sounds like your issue is that you need to update the base plugin used for the addons. Grab the latest bbmod.zip from here: https://github.com/Solybum/psobbaddonplugin/releases/latest

5. staphen

staphen Member

Guildcard:
    I don't think the Monster Reader has ever caused crashes on my system so I agree that you should make sure you're using the latest versions. However, I did submit a fix for some crashes that were occurring on some of my addons during development. Soly pulled in the fix and put out a new release quite literally an hour ago. You might want to try that new build and see if it helps.