Adding items such as arrest needle...

Azen

I want to figure out how to add items such as arrest needle to my local server. I'm already proficient in editing the items themselves but for me to be able to make another item that shoots a projectile such as spread needle, i would need to add another hex completely? How would I go about doing that? Thanks :3

Soly

As pointed out several times, besides the skin you would need a PMT editor that can add items which there is none public with that feature.

Soly

Tofuman posted the structure too, and some tips on how to read the file.
Those tips help a lot, I already made one, so far it only edits and doesn't add items but isn't too hard afaik.

Aleron Ives

FYI, don't rely 100% on Sylverant for making such tools yet: its definition of, say, the PT for GC is apparently wrong, because server-sided drops for GC are a total mess right now, and BlueCrab hasn't had the chance to fix them yet. It's certainly a good starting place for a lot of things, though, and the bugs might always be in the drop code and not in the PT...

Soly

In that case I guess you could compare structs.. I was planning on doing so after Eidolon posted it, but was busy on other stuff (the pmt itself too)

PEKEDEY

Does anyone have the source code to the SCHTServ PSOBB pmt editor? I think integrating an "add item" feature would fit really well into that tool and having the source for it would allow a merger of sorts.

Soly

Afaik nobody has it... And being in delphi... ugh...
But It's not really that hard, I already made my own (C# - WPF).