Adding govt quests to solo conflicts with momoka's menu, why?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by kromlech, Dec 2, 2019.

1. kromlech

kromlech Member

Question time again.

This time I've been trying to add govt quests to the solo hunter's guild menu by adding them to solo\epX\govt\, (govt, not princ like for multiplayer) and adding that path into the solo.ini file for the respective episode. That works, except it makes Momoka's real govt quest menu, in normal mode, become completely unusable; it either freezes and crashes the ship, or loads the wrong quest description and the wrong quest entirely when you try to select it. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to how it selects a quest to replace the govt quests with.

Using Qedit, I made copies of the govt quests and changed the title, quest ID, and file name for every ep 1, ep 2, and ep 4 govt quest, and I put those copies in the folder path which I set in the solo.ini file for that episode's quests. I painstakingly went through all 275 of my quest files to make sure no other quest had an ID conflict with the govt quests either.
    Momoka's menu still messes up even with those changes, until I remove their path from the ini file to stop them from being loaded at all.

How are these quests still conflicting even though I changed the file name, ID, path, and quest title? What property is it going by? What else can I change about these quests to make them stop messing up the real govt quest menu?