Add Hit% to BARANZ or add % to Charge Arms?

POLEZIAX

Guildcard
I have a Charge Arms with 50% hit and a 0/0/0/0/0 BARANZ LAUNCHER. I've been doing Episode IV Government missions with the intention of adding hit to my BARANZ then adding Native, and Dark, but I've also been considering using my Photon Crystals to add % to the Charge Arms instead. The Charge arms has only 10% Machine. Would I be able to do Native and Dark on the Arms, or would I have to choose one or the other, since it already has Machine? And what should I do in the first place, add hit% then Native and Dark to BARANZ, or would a 50 hit Charge Arms with % be more useful?

NEVER add percents to a 50 hit charge arms. I wouldn't add any attributes to arms unless they are like 75 hit, maybe a little less. This is because when you sphere something you will not get the value of the spheres back if you sell it. (Selling an item you have sphered will typically be sold at a loss.) So, if you sphere a 50 hit charge arms and then find a 60+ hit, you will be very disappointed by the waste of all the PDs.

Baranz is a much safer bet, because it can only have a max of 50 hit. That means when it hits 50 hit, you can not obtain a better one that will replace it. Thus, it is a save investment as far as spheres go.

And if your charge arms is Machine and hit, then you can only pick one other attribute to sphere it. You cannot add Native and Dark to it.

Lastly, you can't use photon crystals to add attributes to your charge arms. Attributes are added in Gallon's Shop using Photon Drops.

Edit: I'd also highly recommend not doing Native/Dark for your 1st Baranz. If you are only going to have one, you should do Machine/Dark, as the extra ATP will help much more there. If you plan to finish a set, N/M and A/D are much better for handling mixed spawns in Ep 2/4. Imo most of the mixed spawns that are N/D and A/M are not worth sphering for because a lot of those enemies can be killed by Hell easily. I really think that N/D and A/M is the worst composition for Baranz attributes.

Last edited:
Good rule of thumb is you want to focus your sphering on weapons with high base power so the effect is worth the expenditure. So things like baranz and excal are photons well spent, while things like charge arms and charge vulcans are not.

Cool. Thanks guys! I guess I'll stick with the original plan then n.n Assuming once BARANZ has 50 hit it won't be missing 50% of the time >.>

youre still gonna have the issue of tracking speed misses on faster enemies, which is why people suggest having charge arms as back up even if you have h/sphered baranz

yep manual evp is a thing. Its why cards and launchers are cool though. Rambling May as well I guess.

Hmm well I'm not concerned about resale value. I'm not planning on selling the weapon. I just want whatever will have consistent damage output. If the BARANZ is going to give me problems still with maxed out hit, maybe I will dump my spheres on a Charge Arms...Ugh I guess to know for certain which I like more, I'll have to do both o_O

flipside is that when youre rolling with endgame groups, youre going to be shooting frozen stuff most of the time youre sweeping a room with a baranz anyway, especially since youre a racast

Another plus is a lot of bosses and dangerous targets you will use this on don't move much as well.

I mean vol opt 2 man, what a agile boss.

Hmm well I'm not concerned about resale value. I'm not planning on selling the weapon. I just want whatever will have consistent damage output. If the BARANZ is going to give me problems still with maxed out hit, maybe I will dump my spheres on a Charge Arms...Ugh I guess to know for certain which I like more, I'll have to do both o_O

you really, really, really don't want to sphere a charge arms unless the hit is insane and you've got absolutely nothing else to upgrade. as for the latter point, you could just make a sandbox account and play around with them there. but yeah...if you sphere a c arms (and i'm assuming this is store bought given the 10 machine) you are really going to regret it down the line when you come across some better gear (hit HS set, excal, etc)

All's I want is to use a shot the entire time and just nuke the whole stage. It's either Charge Arms, or BARANZ for me. Thanks for your advice everyone!

UPDATE: I had enough Photon Crystals to add 30 hit to my BARANZ, and it still misses half the time. I'm using it with a Lv190 RAcast by the way. I guess it must be the slowness of the bullets. The enemies can just casually saunter out of the way. I'm out of Photon Crystals now, so I'm going hunt more. I'll use those on my Charge Arms, and eventually I'll get the BARANZ to 50 hit so I can find out that it still misses half the time.

UPDATE: I had enough Photon Crystals to add 30 hit to my BARANZ, and it still misses half the time. I'm using it with a Lv190 RAcast by the way. I guess it must be the slowness of the bullets. The enemies can just casually saunter out of the way. I'm out of Photon Crystals now, so I'm going hunt more. I'll use those on my Charge Arms, and eventually I'll get the BARANZ to 50 hit so I can find out that it still misses half the time.

Photon Crystals can't be used on the charge arms. PC's are only used to add hit% to enemy part weapons. (and Black paper deal quests).

Photon Drops/Photon Spheres are used to add %'s to N/A/M/D.

Just use freeze traps/Rabarta or Spread/Arrest needle to stop everything THen mow'em down with the baranz launcher. Or play in groups.

Back