A DCing issue unlike any I've seen before.

sam6555

Guildcard
Hi, I've been playing on Ephinea for the past couple weeks, and have played PSO for much much longer. However I've had some odd disconnects. It'll happen at very random times. Has happened on my RAct, and FOnm, in all 3 episodes as well as the lobby. So there's no obvious conditions it always happens in.

When it happens, I instantly get put to the title screen as if I just alt+BS'd. There is a DC message, but it displays for only a frame or two so I can't read it. There's no kind of crash logs that I'm aware of, so I can't give anything detailed. My internet is very stable, so it wouldn't be that.

Any ideas?

So I decided to stream me playing to see if I could get a screenshot of the error message that appears, and I got this.
4287eb133f.jpg

Now, it says my controller was inactive, but it wasn't, both here and when I'm the middle of playing I get the exact same disconnect.

I'd guess BB doesn't like your controller driver. What controller are you using, and what driver? Remember BB needs DirectInput controllers, not Xinput.

Last edited:
So I restarted my PC recently, which isn't often. I started PSO without starting DS4 tool and it recognised my controller even though the light wasn't on which I figured would mean the controller wasn't being seen by the game, but it is.

I thought this might fix the game DCing, but it hasn't. Is there any way to just remove this time out DC from the game entirely?

You can't disable the timeout through the UI; somebody would have to patch the game to disable it. I kind of doubt that would help, since your controller is clearly causing BB to get confused.

Back