A childhood dream realized

Stanty

Back when PSO Ep 1 + 2 Plus for the Gamecube came out, I was obsessed with it despite playing exclusively offline (sometimes with friends, but mostly alone). I had always wanted to play this game online, and now that's coming to fruition thanks to y'all. It's quite awesome that Sega isn't taking the route of Nintendo and are being chill about private servers for an old arsed game such as this.

In any case, I'm Stanty and it's nice to meet you all. Thanks for having this server available, its quite literally a dream come true haha.

I'll occasionally be streaming this game on Twitch (by occasionally I mean pretty much every night except Tuesdays), and my name there is StantyV if you'd like to come backseat for me as I learn the game again :)

Back when PSO Ep 1 + 2 Plus for the Gamecube came out, I was obsessed with it despite playing exclusively offline (sometimes with friends, but mostly alone). I had always wanted to play this game online, and now that's coming to fruition thanks to y'all. It's quite awesome that Sega isn't taking the route of Nintendo and are being chill about private servers for an old arsed game such as this.

In any case, I'm Stanty and it's nice to meet you all. Thanks for having this server available, its quite literally a dream come true haha.

I'll occasionally be streaming this game on Twitch (by occasionally I mean pretty much every night except Tuesdays), and my name there is StantyV if you'd like to come backseat for me as I learn the game again :)
SQUEEEEeeeeeeeee~! *POUNCES and examines Stanty-san with a warm giggle~!* Don't for a Second look down on yourself for never being "Online" dear! ALL you really missed out on was all the RAMPANT HACKING as the SEGA servers were in their final death throes! Good news is....you get to actually experience PSO the way it was MEANT and Envisioned to be played! ......FUN Dammit~! Not PTSD inducing stuff we still carry to this day from 22+years....Yes, it's an "old arsed" gem of a game...But even after 22 years....other MMOs can't hold a candle to the "CHARM" that this Pixelated treasure still evokes! You get to relive your childhood when life was simpler and the words "Bills" or "Adulting" wasn't waiting in the shadows with a Bat covered in nails and razorwire..... Anyway....Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you, too! Welcome HOME~! =3

SQUEEEEeeeeeeeee~! *POUNCES and examines Stanty-san with a warm giggle~!* Don't for a Second look down on yourself for never being "Online" dear! ALL you really missed out on was all the RAMPANT HACKING as the SEGA servers were in their final death throes! Good news is....you get to actually experience PSO the way it was MEANT and Envisioned to be played! ......FUN Dammit~! Not PTSD inducing stuff we still carry to this day from 22+years....Yes, it's an "old arsed" gem of a game...But even after 22 years....other MMOs can't hold a candle to the "CHARM" that this Pixelated treasure still evokes! You get to relive your childhood when life was simpler and the words "Bills" or "Adulting" wasn't waiting in the shadows with a Bat covered in nails and razorwire..... Anyway....Looking forward to pouncing and playing wiff you, too! Welcome HOME~! =3

My thoughts exactly, up to and including the squeeing/pouncing/use of the honorific san :p

Thanks for being so welcoming all!

I love stories like this. I had this feeling earlier this year when Nintendo shadow-dropped Metroid Prime: Remastered.

I remember my first several months of playing PSO offline and then going back to college and getting online on GameCube. Waiting months was bad enough. I can only imagine how fulfilling this must be for you, and I'm very happy you found us.

:3

I love stories like this. I had this feeling earlier this year when Nintendo shadow-dropped Metroid Prime: Remastered.

I remember my first several months of playing PSO offline and then going back to college and getting online on GameCube. Waiting months was bad enough. I can only imagine how fulfilling this must be for you, and I'm very happy you found us.

:3

Seems like many of us have a similar story which I imagine makes for a tight community!

Back