40h Red Sword Sphere-a-ble?

SE24

I use red sword as my only sword, and currently have 40h, which I am un-likley to find higher, tbh. On the basis that I am unlikley to ever own a TJS, especially a hit one, and given that red sword does have decent ATP, would you consider 40h enough on a red sword to sphere it?

If not, what would you consider as the alternatives for HUcast?

I personally switch to my 30 Native Excalibur after using my 35 hit Red Sword. I only use RS for it's special. If you don't mind switching weapons mid-combat I recommend getting something with more power. But that's just me. Oh. I also use poss.

If you want to you could sphere a dragon slayer but 99pds is quite the investment, you're better of spending them on something you'll get the most use out of.

TJS gets sphered for the special as well as for H damage, whereas a sphered RS would deal nice H damage but wouldn't offer much more than a charge/zerk wep and an unsphered RS.

Jizzai seems to be a 'popular' single target choice (also DLS) and a hit Zanba would make a nice multi target beatstick if you've got deep pockets. Just remember 95% of players on this server don't use a sphere on any item so it's probably not something to worry about.

If you happen to have a sphere on hand, don't want to trade and have a burning desire to use it though, why not?

Last edited:
eh, I mean 40h is nice but no I wouldn't personally. If only for the simple fact that even sphered, it'll be outclassed by Zanba, Yunchang, Flowens (tho you're talking about a hucast here im sure), and even excal despite the 3 target limit.

Lots of great points in the thread, thanks everyone.

I don't have even enough pds for one sphere atm, just thinking long term. I think I will try to hunt a lame and a zanba, and see how they work, and go from there!

Back