4 Player DC issues

My friends and I decided to get back into PSO. We all live together, 2 PCs, 2 laptops, 1 router. Whenever we play the game is mostly fine, outside of a random DC. But without failure, whenever we run TTF at least one player lags out on the boss animation screen for Del Rol Le. Is this because it's 4 players from one IP? Or is it just us being screwed by random DC hate times 4? I

Hmm, I'm not sure one IP would cause issues unless it was crappy Internet. But what do I know.

upload_2017-1-21_15-6-8.png

Found this from googling, among a few other results saying the same thing. DEP seems the most likely fix.
Also make sure PSO is added to antivirus exclusions for everyone playing,
and disabling Microsoft Security Essentials might be worth trying

The DEP, yah I had to do that to fix my error with ranged attacks. It isnt a psobb.exe error. The affected player freezes and after a bit will get a No100 no connection error.

I'm not sure then, possibly something to do with your router/isp since you are all on the same internet

Last edited:
The DEP, yah I had to do that to fix my error with ranged attacks. It isnt a psobb.exe error. The affected player freezes and after a bit will get a No100 no connection error.

1) Do you have a bunch of phones and tablets and shit idling on the WiFi? Each device makes a WiFi connection less stable, because of how WiFi works, even if they're not actively using the connection. Basically, every device gets a "turn" to "talk" and only one device can talk at a time. So if you've got a bunch of phones idling on the WiFi, they will all be allocated a "turn" every few milliseconds, slowing down everyone else. So while you are playing PSO, turn ALL your other WiFi devices OFF, and ONLY leave the 4 laptops on. Keep in mind that some devices (such as a Wii), depending on how you set them up, will idle on the WiFi even when you turn them off (since it's not actually "off" but is simply on "standby"). If you have devices like this, either fix the setting or unplug it. Here's a long answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/explainlik..._connecting_multiple_devices_to_wifi/d2x2tmt/

2) PSO doesn't use a lot of bandwidth, so your friend's operating system or possibly your router might be "deprioritizing" him. Try running some low bandwidth programs in the background to stop this from happening (Skype on idle, "ping www.google.com -t" etc). Back when I used to tether my smartphone to play PSO, if I didn't have stuff running in the background my carrier would go "oh you're barely using your connection? Okay here have 500+ms ping since you're not using it"

3) Is your WiFi set up to use 2.4 Ghz (old) or 5.0 Ghz (newer)? 2.4 Ghz is more reliable. I had to turn my 5.0 Ghz switch off because it would have like 5x more packet loss than my 2.4 Ghz switch. Even though 5.0 Ghz is "newer" it has tons of issues (packet loss and inability to penetrate walls effectively being two of them).

4) On 2.4 Ghz make sure your channel is NOT set to auto. Make sure it is set to 1, 6, or 11. Those 3 channels are the only 3 channels that don't have any overlap. Use a program like Vistumbler to see what the networks in your area are using, and then pick 1, 6, or 11 based on what is least saturated. When looking at your neighbours WiFi, keep in mind that anything on channels 2, 3, 4, and 5 are going to overlap with channel 1 and 6, and anything on channels 7, 8, 9, and 10 are going to overlap with 6 and 11. Signal strength is also relevant (stronger signals will interfere more than weaker or almost undetectable ones). Here is an explanation of "why 1 6 and 11" http://www.metageek.com/training/resources/why-channels-1-6-11.html

If none of that helps then idk lol.

@Archivebit ???

Even if have no network solution to the cause. Different amounts of players shouldn't effect the connection from point to point.

Only thing I can think of is trying a different router. Maybe it's kicking one random player off the port due to insufficient unknown reasons.

Tldr. I think just bad luck.

I appreciate all the help and im trying what you said. It's not that we haven't had DC's while solo, it's that it is more frequent and nigh predictable with 4 people. We've all had DCs that dont fit the profile but if we do TTF at least one of us will DC on Del. Urrtime.

Back