Lvls when classes become effective soloing bosses?

<('-'<)

satos0798 - Discord -6:00 CST
Long title, simple premise.

I've been trying out class/race combos I have never played before, and am realizing some characters are in a whole different world when it comes to solo play.

For new players without specialized gear...or for people just a trying something new...at what level range did you begin to feel like you weren't made of wet paper anymore?

I realize this is a nuanced question, since some of this is very gear dependent. And having level 30 S/D/J/Z will make or break some classes.

I took my FOnewearl into Ultimate right at level 80 with no fear. But even at 130, I still feel really squishy in Mines.

I didn't feel comfortable with my RAcaseal in Ultimate until around 100, and still feel underpowered when trying to clear caves.

What are the ballpark levels when you start feeling like you can effectively solo Ultimate?
And is there a basic item that really made that happen for you?
ex.) I assume it happens 40 levels earlier for HUcasts if they have some charge mechs with 50hit, than if they did not.

Last edited:
Well, from what I can tell, it ultimately depends on your class, their HP/DEF/EVA, and the equipment you have. Even when I took on Dark Falz Hard with a HUcast at about level 50 alongside my brother during the previous Seasons, I barely survived the majority of Grants used on me (my brother, being a RAmarl at about level 43, wasn't so lucky, since for him taking a Grants was a OHKO). While that was for multiplayer and not solo, the same idea applies.

AT THE VERY LEAST, you want to have enough HP to survive Dark Falz 3's slap attack on Ultimate and decent ele-def equipment to switch between as necessary. Physical attacks can be a pain, but Rafoie HURTS at 0 EFR, Ob/Del Lilies' Megid can insta-kill you unless you have the EDK to reliably resist Megid, and as my brother's unfortunate death streak vs. Dark Falz Hard and my close shaves against a potential curbstomp prove, Grants can just straight up NUKE anyone that's lacking in HP AND Light resistance. That being said, at which point each class naturally hits the minimum HP requirement (without HP mat investment) varies.

As for FOnewearl, she's pretty weak defensively in general regardless, so it's going to feel like she has paper-thin defense even at high-end levels, especially if you care about maximizing her damage. The best thing to do is to just learn how to avoid attacks in general, utilize statuses when you have to go melee, have ele def and units to survive the more problematic techs, etc.

Seasons was a perfect opportunity to build a character from scratch. I made a HUmar and went through the usual struggle of leveling up, feeding my mag upto 200, and trying to find the best equipment I could possibly get since I couldn't access my shared bank cause seasons didn't allow you to do so.

I found at about lv105 I could do decently in ultimate forest with a lucky 30h last survivor I found along with a few other goodies I had been so lucky to find. HUmar class is not an easy class and looked down by alot of players because of their low lv techs and certain stat limitations. To put it simply a HUmar has trouble surviving on his own in ultimate, especially when you're not really at a sufficient level yet.

A lot of it is knowing enemies, spawns, etc. Ultimate never really feels "easy" even with uber gear. You can't just run around one shotting everything and getting hit left and right without issue like you could if you went back and played Normal at level 100, for example. There are too many things that can kill you if you don't know what you're doing, even with uber gear.

If you know what you're doing and have the correct situational gear then you can probably solo the game with relative ease at level 120 or so. Different areas provide different challenges for RA vs. FO vs. HU, but RA is probably the easiest to start out on difficult content.

In my first PW4 I must have died like 30 times. Now that I know the enemies, some of the spawns, and what gear I need to shift around and when, I can get through with zero or minimal deaths at level 12X.

Fomar is even more fragile than Foney til end game and even then he will have less defense than her if you don't feed him def mats (if that matters any, but not really)

Granted FOs get the lovely joy of having level 30 techs, that pretty much breaks foes offense and defense wise.

Back