PW1 SeasideGeeRoom2 Crash to DT

In multiplayer Phantasmal World 1 games, when another player in in the party uses the teleporter in the second room at seaside, the game client crashes to desktop. I've tried fiddling with settings, thinking it was graphics-related, to get this to stop, but haven't had any luck yet. I am able to play single player Phantasmal World 1, and use that teleporter with no issue.

Any thoughts? This has occurred each of the six times I have attempted to play this quest with other people.

Thanks!

Remove any custom files you have first, such as skins, overlay stuff like drop checkers. If that doesn't work, try reinstalling PSO (just incase note your login details too). You could also try going to http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/skin/listeSkinUS.php5 , getting an effect_nt, drop that in data and see if it crashes you still as the thing that handles the telepipe graphic is in there afaik. Also drop in a new particleentry.dat too because iirc that handles effect behavior.

Thanks for your reply Nikki! I don't use any custom skins or addons, so that is not the issue. I figured your suggestion of reinstalling PSO was the best bet so I gave that a shot but the problem persists. You said "telepipe" in your post but what I am referring to is actually a fixed map teleporter (see appended image).

I just tested this with a kind person in the lobby and the crash does not occur if I wait in jungle while they use the teleporter. This looks like it might be an out of range address issue but I have no idea.

If an admin could clone my character and check out what's going on behind the scenes that would be awesome, but there is no rush. For now I can just wait in Pioneer 2 until people clear that room and then join them via telepipe as a workaround.

Thanks, hopefully this doesn't happen to anyone else!

Attachments

• Inkedキャプチャ_LI.jpg
    Inkedキャプチャ_LI.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 21
I DC with a leader and a different language select ;(
J only did not DC

Back