I started a series of Super Mario Maker levels.

Ade

;3
Hi guys,

Reddit post is here: https://old.reddit.com/r/MarioMaker/comments/8klls2/level_series_started_the_ade_series/

Or here's the copied text:

Hi everyone,

TLDR and I just want to play levels: Course 1-1 ID is 2BC4-0000-03A1-92C6

I've had SMM for years but have recently been bitten by the level creation bug. I've made "Ade 1-1" through "Ade 2-1" thus far (so 5 total levels). World 1 is almost entirely pieces of classic Mario levels from different games that are built from memory and without looking at anything for a reference point. World 2 only does this for the first part of 2-1 then begins to move into original content. All of these levels are in original SMB format.

I don't like gimmicky or novel levels. I believe that having strong area backgrounds and borders is important. I try to be very balanced. I want to make levels that could one could realistically see as part of an actual game. I'm also very sad at how few stars I get because of this. Is this a common complaint? (Should I sell out and become a pop singer instead of sticking with classic rock?) I really hate levels that I deem "obnoxious," and I don't want to to utilize novelty gimmicks just to get more stars...

Anyway, it's my hope that there are some like-minded people here who enjoy my levels. Take care. I'll keep cranking out more when I can, but it may take a few months before I've made 8-4 (or beyond.) I'm a very busy guy. All the best!

-Ade

Back