Rare Drop Sound Change

MelloMoka

Guildcard
Currently the rare drop sound is played under BGM. It would be nice if it played under SFX. That way we could turn off the music but still have that sound played. Players turn off music often in video games in favor of their own, yet SFX and more importantly the rare drop sound is much more relevant.

The current method of having the rare drop sound in BGM is a workaround iirc, because modifying anything relating to sound in PSOBB is a pain in the ass. Unless soda wants to pick back up his modification project (Since it was revealed the problem/reason he removed the work around he had in place was user error on Andy's part) it's probably going to stay as is.

Before, I added another audio mixer to the game and mixed sound effects that way, instead of dealing with editing the PSO SFX files. I had this mixer in at the same time as the VOIP stuff I added. I could add the mixer again or another basic one, but it'd really just be for the rare drop sounds... well... and maybe the dragon roar too and other sounds that seem to use the BGM function to play (since they're OGG files).

Kind of lazy, though, but I guess it definitely is something I could add as an optional "Use new mixer" setting for those types of things.

Having a different alert for rare drops would be cool too. Like, if a yellow exclamation popped up for a few seconds on the mini map when a red box drops, something like that. I have no idea if it's doable or how much work would be needed, but if there was some visual notice for a rare drop, that's be great.

Having a different alert for rare drops would be cool too. Like, if a yellow exclamation popped up for a few seconds on the mini map when a red box drops, something like that. I have no idea if it's doable or how much work would be needed, but if there was some visual notice for a rare drop, that's be great.

I think the rare drop sound is enough. Red box drops are already marked as red dots on your mini-map.

Back