Magatama : a Modern Mag Planner/Calculator [ BETA 9 ]

I do plan to add Version 1 and Version 2, more so now that i have a pretty good idea on how to implement it.
So having the feeding charts for these version would be greatly appreciated :).

Great tool. Really Helpful. This is basically a must have.

Got a bug to report. Every time I try to add a Heaven Striker Coat I get the following error.
Code:
Unhanded exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the appplication will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close Immediately.

Public member 'HeavenStriketCoat' on type 'frmMagatama' not found

Details:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box. ************** Exception Text ************** System.MissingMemberException: Public member 'HeavenStriketCoat' on type 'frmMagatama' not found. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Symbols.Container.GetMembers(String& MemberName, Boolean ReportErrors) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.CallMethod(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, BindingFlags InvocationFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.ObjectLateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Versioned.CallByName(Object Instance, String MethodName, CallType UseCallType, Object[] Arguments) at Magatama.frmMagatama.btnMagCell_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) ************** Loaded Assemblies ************** mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1087.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll ---------------------------------------- Magatama Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0 CodeBase: file:///F:/Games/EphineaPSO/Magatam/Magatama.exe ---------------------------------------- Microsoft.VisualBasic Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 12.0.20806.33440 built by: FX45W81RTMREL CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1087.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Core Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1087.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1087.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1087.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Runtime.Remoting Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1087.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Xml Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1087.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll ---------------------------------------- System.Configuration Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.6.1087.0 built by: NETFXREL4STAGE CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll ---------------------------------------- ************** JIT Debugging ************** To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this application or computer (machine.config) must have the jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section. The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled. For example: <configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /> </configuration> When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box."

Sadly in the last few month i din't touch it at all, i will need to re-familiarise myself with my code.

I do plan to at least finish reworking how the Photon Blast are added to the list, add the file version check,add a stats gain preview, ability to edit the path to the files (mostly for the feed chart ) and finish the MagDex interface.

Alright, this might be a bug. It might be me being stupid, but it doesn't make any sense to me.

Kalki at 10.98/10.00/5.87/9.95
Fed it Antiparalysis x1

turned into a Mitra at 10.97/10.00/6.01/10.00

However, Mitra is the form it's supposed to take when DEX is the highest stat, not the lowest. I was expecting Surya, especially after reading the tip from Spuz's guide:

When 2 stats are both at 0 or equal when an equation requires one to be higher (>) then the prominent stat will become superior (>=). In these cases Power is the most prominent over Dex and Mind being the Weakest of the 3.

I tried the same build in MagFarm just to be sure... the Mag didn't even evolve there. Probably because it skipped Lv35 entirely. Just wanted to let you know there might be a problem in the logic somewhere.

[EDIT] Turns out it might not even supposed to evolve if you skip over Lv35...

Last edited:
The "problem" is that the Mitra evolution has 2 triggers for evolution stage 1.
The standard dex > pow, dex > mind but also if the highest stat is repeated.

Code:
// If dex is the highest set 0x10
if (pow < dex && mind < dex)
{
    align |= 0x10;
}

// If the highest stat appears more than once (not including def), set 0x100
if (matches >= 2)
{
    align |= 0x100;
}

// 0x10 : dex > pow and dex > mind
// 0x100 : A stat the same level as the highest stat (not def)
if ((align & 0x110) != 0)
{
    mag.MagType = (int)MagType.Mitra;
}

REISSpw.png

Well this happened

It been a while so it took me longer than usual to see the problems.

I first thought it was because only because the DEF + DEX = POW + MIND but seem it also because a Nidra changed into a Pushan.

Question did the Nidra evolve at the correct stats ?

After month with lack of times and focus here finally come Beta 8 of Magatama.

An idea I had was for Magatama to export an autohotkey script which is setup to feed the mag you just planned. Some options for this could be for multiple mags at once and the ability to split the feed in parts by time so it does not all have to be done at once.

This tool has been tremendously helpful, thank you.

I have come across one bug, so far. After using the Kit of Hamburger at Level 50, the Mag evolves again at 100 when POW=DEF+DEX. Below is the Mag plan (for duplicating the error in Beta 9).

* Level 5 > HUcast (Whitill)
13 Monomate
- Level 10 > Varuna (Farla)
123 Antidote
- Level 35 > Marutah (Pilla)
90 Antidote
* Level 48 > RAcast (Oran)
2 Antidote
- Level 50 > Kaithaba (Mylla & Youlla)
* Level 50 > HUcast (Whitill)
* Kit of Hamburger
130 Dimate > 50 POW
54 Antidote > 45 DEX > Evolves into Deva

Really cool stuff I also enjoy making this kind of applications for games I play :)

When making a new mag the program asks if you want to save your current mag. If you press yes and then cancel the save it creates a new mag anyway. I'm not sure if this is desired, but one might expect a cancelled save to not bring the new mag in. Also, maybe a cancel button for making a new mag if it was an accident.

Repro steps:
Feed mag whatever
File > New Mag
Yes on prompt
'X' or Cancel out
New mag appears an old one is removed

Hi Aether,

Don't know if you'll ever come by these parts again but I noticed a bug in Beta9. Whenever I switch the secID to Greenill I get the following error.

Magatama-Error.png

Works fine in Beta8.1.

Hi Aether,

Don't know if you'll ever come by these parts again but I noticed a bug in Beta9. Whenever I switch the secID to Greenill I get the following error.

Magatama-Error.png

Works fine in Beta8.1.
You can fix this by renaming the Greenil image in the magatama folder, there's a typo on it.

2 questions if you're still reading these!
  1. The images in your graphics file are awesome. Do you have thoughts on someone using those images as discord icons or on a twitch or youtube page? I'm not sure if you generated them all or if you had a source for some/all of them if you didn't. This isn't big money streaming, just making sure I check in where possible before using. :)
  2. Can you add an option for mag banking strats? Currently if I want to enter the stats of one of my mags I have to manually enter the values since it is on a banking plan.
Thanks for the tool!

2 questions if you're still reading these!
  1. The images in your graphics file are awesome. Do you have thoughts on someone using those images as discord icons or on a twitch or youtube page? I'm not sure if you generated them all or if you had a source for some/all of them if you didn't. This isn't big money streaming, just making sure I check in where possible before using. :)
  2. Can you add an option for mag banking strats? Currently if I want to enter the stats of one of my mags I have to manually enter the values since it is on a banking plan.
Thanks for the tool!

Yes, I have an answer for the second question over here. Instructions are provided in the second paragraph, and the attached zip file has the XML files.

Last edited:
Back