PSO Remake?

Wesneed

Former PSO2 Nolifer
Guildcard
Stumbled upon this guys video when i was looking at pso footage.

Ofcourse it's in its early stages but man does the game look neat in unity (despite this guy running it on a potato). If he is planning on finishing this project he is doing gods work :cool:.

PS: Not sure if a thread about it was up already but i couldn't find any on the search.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links, what are your thoughts on it?

RACast.jpg

Man

Last edited:
Holy crap! This needs to be finished and Ephinea needs to be first to use it ;) now if only they could find a way to make all our character data transferable to this remake... *drool* this kicks my HD textures right in the butt lol

Holy crap! This needs to be finished and Ephinea needs to be first to use it ;) now if only they could find a way to make all our character data transferable to this remake... *drool* this kicks my HD textures right in the butt lol

That's not gonna happen lol.

(The project being finished or Ephinea using it).

They'll be lucky to even get a working "game" using the first 4 areas (episode 1). Let alone the vast amount of features and content vanilla PSO has.

Hello guys, well iv'e testest the "demo" version and i can say WOW this would be very very cool. Not only this could bring in more players but also, this could revive the hunter hiding deep inside !

That's not gonna happen lol.

(The project being finished or Ephinea using it).

They'll be lucky to even get a working "game" using the first 4 areas (episode 1). Let alone the vast amount of features and content vanilla PSO has.

It's very unlikely yeah, but it sure would be quite a feat in itself even if they only recreate the first 4 areas, the fact they actually put in somewhat of a combat system is suprising though as lacking as it may be(1 hit kill so theres probably not even the slightest hint of player stats beside hp yet).

Many fan projects only show off areas they recreated or a tech demo but never any kind of gameplay(or severely lacking like enemies only being attackable but no AI, pso1 AI also doesn't seem too difficult for skilled coders to recreate).

Lets say for example Clementine PSU, they have alot of stuff coded into the server already like some bosses and stuff yet grinding seems to take a while(but to be honest this might be low priority for them, not a coding issue).

Well anyways all we can really say about it the guys recreating it seem somewhat passionate about it and we'll have to see over the years how they progress. Lets hope they won't call it quits halfway through :eek:

Wow, this is quite something.
This project is no more a remake, but the creator is making a new client that will actually be able to work with actual servers. Think of it as a PSOBB v2
There's a lot of work to do still, but this might make things huge, like a mobile version and other stuff with new textures and 60+fps lol.
Greatest news ever so far

the creator is making a new client that will actually be able to work with actual servers. Think of it as a PSOBB v2
Yeah My friend was telling me about it. Makes sense to make because that way he's not splitting the small player base even more. And playing on the servers where you are currently geared/leveled etc but through better graphics will be dope as fuck, plus bring in more people to try PSO again. I can't wait for this tbh. Doing great work!

Although I'd love to see this finished. I doubt it'll happen. Especially with only a small team. The amount of work to get a fully functional client would take a team years. There's many things that occur in PSOBB that the player isn't aware of and its only when you reverse the client function to find that there's more going on let alone the obvious that occurs with packets and quest opcodes.

Woah.. what. Didn't realize Unity could handle online with more than a few people???.. Are there any games on a similar or larger scale that anyone can think of that have a dedicated server but run off Unity?

I don't think this is going to be as easy to finish as they're making it sound..

Also wouldn't Unreal be a much better engine to run a 3D game off anyway.. unless you're going for 2D or mobile app development I don't know why you'd use Unity over Unreal

Back