Smokey's Ultimate PSOBB Mod Collection

Are you a bigger fan of OG vanilla? Or do you like to mix it up with some mods!

• Vanilla

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • Modded

Votes: 46 56.8%

• Total voters

Save Smokey

I've always been one to try to optimize and enhance my gameplay as much as possible. It's no wonder the mods in this community captured my attention and I, along with many others, spend countless hours just tinkering away. Well I think this collection captures the best that the community has to offer, with little to no technical knowledge required. An easy way for any person to get their game running with all the greatest tech!

This will give you a sleek UI overlay, enhanced graphics, and HD textures and effects all through Ep1-4 and Ultimate.

If you're having trouble feel free to find me in my team discord or pm me sometime:

SaveSmokey#7213

https://discord.gg/jqMcZR5

Graphics Quality:

You get some options when it comes to changing the overall effect and performance hit on your system. These settings are found between your in game graphics settings for the Fog type, and in ENB_config for the other effects.

This is going to be the ideal set for most. It gets you the most realistic/intense lighting and most mid-range and high end systems can run this even in 4k.
This is pretty much the "next best" preset, as you lose a little quality going with emulation fog but emulation fog is a lot easier on your system and it may just sit better on your eyes. It doesn't look much different honestly in most cases and you're able to turn on Refl. Map which give things around the world a bit of extra lighting bloom.

This is an example of what the game looks like with default graphics, as in we're not using any ENB effects. This can pretty much run on any machine, but if you're really on an old system, you could drop down to Emulation Fog as well to try and pick up some extra fps.

Though do keep in mind the higher resolution textures do have a small impact on performance.

The maximum effect would be to enable Pixel Fog, Bloom, and Refl. Map which is what I used to make the screenshots look great. But it really only works in Episode 1. Once you get to Episode 2 and later even a high end pc will slow down especially in seaside.

I prefer #1: Pixel Fog without Refl. Map, personally.

1 vs 2 vs 3

pixel vs emulation vs none.jpg

Screenshots: (All recommended mods + Pixel Fog AND Refl. Map)

DOWNLOAD MODULAR VERSION:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgbxvb16bd25n5b/modular texture pack.zip

DOWNLOAD PRECONFIGURED INSTALL:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8pcdt2zi3y9un5p/preconfigured install.zip

DOWNLOAD PRECONFIGURED VANILLA+ ONLY:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8b2d2pc9g74vfjc/preconfigured_vanilla+.zip

Setup Overview:

If you have no interest in configuring anything and want as much of one step simple install as possible, PRECONFIGURED is for you. Otherwise if you want to be more selective, the MODULAR version has many of the files separated for you to install yourself.

• This is a as much of a one stop shop as it gets so this comes with a quick setup guide for new users, and one set of data files.
  • It should basically only be used on a fresh install of the game.
  • The process is essentially to install the font, copy all the contents of EphineaPSO to your install, then run ENB_config, disable motion blur, and click psobb.ru to enable ENB and save settings.
Ideally set psobb.exe to override windows scaling as well.

That should be pretty much be the go to set up for current players.

In some cases Visual C++ 2015 may not already be installed on your computer. This is required for the addons to work. You can download this here.

This guide aims to simplify every step a first time user might need and get your game running at maximum performance and compatibility.

1. Install 'Dotum' Font.

2. Configure the Game Launcher

Display
-Open the game launcher and under options, set the display for your native resolution.
-If this is 1920x1080 the addons will be preconfigured for you.
-If not I have some other layouts linked on the forum.

-Unless you have some utmost desire to use 'Classic Fullscreen', make sure it is disabled.
-Disable 'Window Mode' which in effect makes the game run in windowed fullscreen.
-Enable High Res Hud, optimal for most.

SELECT MORE

-Choose High End mode, then cick Advanced
-Choose Emulation Fog if you want a more subtle lighting mod
-Choose Pixel Fog for intense lighting.
-Change the Font to 'Dotum'
-Save ID and Password

3. Install Mod Pack
-Back up your EphineaPSO game folder, in case you have any issues.
-Copy contents of EphineaPSO to your game installation 'C:/Users/username/EphineaPSO' by default.

RUN ENB_Config.exe

-Deselect Motion Blur
-If you chose "Pixel Fog" above, disable Refl. Map
-Click 'psobb.ru'
-Close window.

Optionally now you would install any extras or addon layouts.

4. Disable HIGH DPI Scaling

-Find psobb.exe, right click, go to properties, and find the compatibility tab.
-Enable High DPI Override Setting to 'Application'

5. Enable FXAA (only known to work on Nvidia)

-Open Nvidia Control Panel
-Go to 3D Settings. You should see Global and Program Settings.
-Under Program Settings add psobb.exe and ENFORCE FXAA.

Running PSOBB.exe directly will ensure a fully modded experience. If the launcher resets any desired effects, you may need to run from this file.

pso131658948485089868.jpg

Additional Downloads:

ENHANCED Sound Effects:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgs5mrry19o1sgv/sound effects.zip

This comes with the original sound effects 'common.pac' file, as well as two options.

Install like any of my other files, overwrite matching files EphineaPSO.

I spent almost a week sampling, testing, and editing sounds to make sure they sounded good and fit well with the game. This changes all the things I had always wanted, as well as much more. Originally I wasn't excited about the idea, but once I found some good sounds I was really enjoying the 'enhanced experience'.

These all came from these websites and were all edited in Audacity.

https://freesound.org
https://www.zapsplat.com
https://www.soundeffectsplus.com
http://theforce.net/fanfilms/postproduction/soundfx/

For instance I was really motivated to find a sound for katanas that doesn't sound like you're whipping around a whiffle bat, and I really wanted to find a sound for partisans that was a better fit. It really all started when I received a request for PSO3 menu sounds, and I discovered there was actually reasonable improvements to be made for a 'new' experience.

I hope you all enjoy...

NEW SOUNDS

Hand to Hand
Handguns
Mechguns
Rifles
Bazookas
Sabers
Swords
Partisans
Daggers
Katanas
Miniguns
Last Survivor-Type
Vivienne-Type

ENHANCED SOUNDS

Shifta
Jellen
Zalure

This includes everything from the combat pack plus:

New Menu Open/Close
New Menu Navigate
New Interact (Confirm/Deny)
New Item Pickup
New Can't Pickup
Quieter Telepipes
New Mag Feeding
New Level Up
New Ressurect

Smokey's ui Remix:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/stp5jt6zhu4kbyc/smokey's ui remix.zip

I took some of the base stuff from the modpack, along with a PSO EP. 3 theme, another black glass theme, and some of my own editing and font flavor to put this together.

pso131661690039289419.jpg
pso131661689885569493.jpg

Luascript addon overlays:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/5uwnrt638pdrrqh/Overlay Configs.zip

Both versions downloaded comes with this, however in case you need them for some reason I've uploaded them here.

So far I've gotten NDW's 1080p config, and my own 2 custom 4K configs for High Res UI and standard.

Controller Configs:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7r97dx27kuj35ri/Controller Configs.zip

I've also included a basic PS4 Controller config for ds4tool that I made myself, and it works pretty well. 16 abilities mapped, with some other shortcuts.

Make sure your controls look like this in game before making changes:

IN GAME CONTROLS MUST LOOK LIKE THIS.jpg

I've included a separate guide for setting up the PS4 controller and Xbox controller for optimal gameplay with PSOBB as well as 2 different button configurations. PS4 controls are a little tricky to set up since some specific actions are not saved to the profile itself and have to be added manually.

I highly recommend checking out the psobb pro pivot config for PS4 controllers now. It takes probably the least amount of work to set up and is also the most intuitive.

All the credit goes to the developers of each of the 3 main modifications included in this collection.

This ui is embedded in the LuaScript section of this pack.

You will also find a full suite of LuaScript addons pre-configured and arranged for 1080p by none other than NDW. This includes:
Chatlog, Coordinate Viewer, Drop Charts, Invincibility Ready, Item Reader, Monster Reader, Player Reader, and XP bar. All of which are the original versions by their respective creators. The addons are configured for 1080p currently, however I've also got a 4k config below. If you play in other resolutions, you will have to configure this manually from in game.

~ https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/psobb-addon-plugin-lua-ui-addons.4543/

You will find some of the effects and the entire UI made by Echelon

~ https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/modern-dark-glass-hud-addons-modifications.7282/

pso131658942947797533.jpg

You will also find the ENB mod version that Matt posted along with the effect.cfg

This forces PSOBB to use your systems most powerful GPU and enables modern effects for bloom and surface reflections. This is very powerful because you can use it without any effects on low end systems to simply take advantage of the GPU as opposed to integrated graphics which can make a huge framerate difference on most computers.

~ https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/psobb-post-processing.721/

~ https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/laptop-graphics-card.3838/

You will also find a painstakingly manually selected, tested, and organized collection of hd textures and reskins for PSOBB. These come from two places mostly, Ulevo's Custom Skins, and universps.online.fr.

These textures are meant to be as vanilla+ as possible. I took into consideration the opinions of veterans and new players alike to build the most satisfying experience. The idea was originally to get every single thing in the game updated, but not everything was high enough quality to pass our standards, and some took away from the feel of the game. What we ended up with was a mishmash of everything from Echelon, Ulevo, and Universps.online. I think you will enjoy everything included in this mod, especially the effects and area retextures.

pso131658992692047413.jpg

I've left a folder of optional monster textures in this pack, if you were interested in changing as much as possible. There are also some options for recommended extras and vanilla+ only. Applying vanilla+ first is required to ensure any extras are working properly. These extras are optional HD textures or effects that are really high quality and give just the right flavor to the game in my opinion, but are definitely not too similar to what you're used to. These include fancy effects for rafoie, gizonde, new lighting and fog, intense boss zones ect.

~ https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/ulevos-custom-skins.258/

~ http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/skin/listeSkinUS.php5

~ https://community.schtserv.com/forum/45-skins/

Last edited:
Copy of Install and Optimal Setup Guide:

Congrats you now have ALL the pso essentials!

Brief overview:

LuaScript addons and UI (compiled by NDW)
- Simple Copy Paste to /EphineaPSO

Custom PS4 Controller profile for DS4Tool (by Save Smokey)

ENB mod from PSOBB.ru
- Use new 'copy to EphineaPSO' method
: Alternatively copy 'window' then 'fullscreen' to /EphineaPSO
- Run ENB_Config (diable motion blur) and select PSOBB.ru

Custom Textures ][ now with even -more- options ][
(Combo of Ulevo's Custom Skin, Echelon's Skins & Mods, and universps.online.fr skins)
- Copy Each 'data' folder you want to add to your game into /EphineaPSO
- Copy 'Vanilla+' first before adding extras

I will assume many or at least some of you who download this file just installed the game and want to optimize their gameplay.

You can of course, choose whichever pieces of these mods you want!

First off you will want to find your EphineaPSO folder you installed the game to.
This is found by default in C:/Users/<your username here>/EphineaPSO
Since everything we're installing is more or less copy/paste over your original files, you should make a quick copy of your entire folder for backup.

The Dotum font in add-ons is a great replacement for Tahoma on PC and it is the original font used on Gamecube. You should install this font on your system directly. This font makes all the text in the game significantly more readable and bigger.
After the font is installed I reccomend configuring your launcher.

The game launcher has two layers of options, in the first section you will see your resolution options and some features you can enable/disable. In almost every configuration you will want to have your native resolution set and disable features like "Windowed" and "classic fullscreen". Disabling those will make your game run in windowed fullscreen, and optimally you should ONLY have Hi Res HUD enabled :)

Most people will not crash when using this windowed fullscreen mode and their native resolution. Selecting classic fullscreen may result in crashing or, with windowed mode as well, forcing to use a reduced resolution. If your game is not loading this is probably the case.

Here you will also see a "more" option with all the custom graphics settings for the game. If you have a dedicated GPU like a gtx 950m or higher, you should have no problem running all the highest settings once we enable ENB which allows your dedicated GPU to run PSOBB! You can also set the Dotum font we installed here, and save your username and password so you don't have to log in every time.

P.S. Pixel Fog is Best Fog

Next up we have our luascript addons!
These will go in really easy, you just copy the contents of 'luascript addons' into your /EphinaPSO folder and you're pretty much good to go!

I highly reccomend finding your psobb.exe file and going into 'properties' to set an option under 'compatibility' called 'override high DPI scaling behavior'. We want this to be set to 'application' because it will ensure that none of our overlay is being moved around due to scaling in windows.

Each addon comes preconfigured for a 1080p native set up. If your overlay is appearing unusually or undesirably, AND you have ensured that you have set the DPI scaling behavior from above, then you will have to use the settings in game by double clicking the 'Main' menu that is in the top right corner by default.

In that menu you will also find your drop tables chart which you can access at any time without having to keep it on your screen at all times. Very helpful. Any other addons you download will also appear here. It is important to note that in order to keep things organized most of the elements have set positions that are manually adjusted through this menu.

This package will give you trackers on screen for party stats, mag stats, all items on floor/bank/character as well as monster HP bars, drop charts, chat logs, and exp bar as well as a nice clean UI with some updated icons.
This one's all preconfigured but you can do quite a bit with it if you look more into it. You can use the overlay example screenshots for reference.

Hopefully that was a nice break from all the configurating... but we have one last little bit of instructions for installing ENB Mod.

This mod allows PSOBB to hook into your dedicated graphics card and use that as opposed to integrated graphics, which PSO will always default to otherwise. This also means that ENB can apply additional effects like Bloom and Surface Reflections.

I've simplified most the process below by putting everything you need to copy under 'ENB Mod/copy to EphineaPSO'. Drag those files into EphineaPSO, as you may have guessed, and continue below.

** If you want the original install instructions here they are **
Copy the contents of 'window' from 'psobb_enb' to /EphineaPSO
THEN copy the contents of 'full screen' from 'psobb_enb' to /EphineaPSO and overwrite.
Please note that the full screen and window folders are both required no matter what. Not sure why it's like that lol
Copy our custom effect.cfg file into /EphineaPSO as well

Now in the EphineaPSO folder, find ENB_config and run it. A tall thin window should open and you will want to disable 'Motion Blur' because it doesn't work very well. But regardless of your settings to get your game running YOU WILL HAVE TO PRESS the psobb.ru button and also every time you want to save new settings!

The effects folder has some other effect.cfg files (that you'll have to rename) if you want to try them, but the effects in the included pack is the PSO built version by Matt.

What's important to note here is that you can use ENB mod without the graphical enhancements by selecting 'ENB off' and clicking psobb.ru again. That means ENB will still activate your GPU but have no other effect. Use this if you ONLY want improved framerate or have a GPU that is not very strong. This also means you can use your GPU control panel to enforce FXAA for psobb.exe (reccomended).

Finally there's a great texture pack collection included here. This includes reskins for the majority of areas and monsters. These do not have any weapon skins unfortunately, but there's a ton of great stuff worth checking out.
These files go in with a simple copy/paste but each folder has it's own set of skins so you'll have to pick and choose what you want! There's some really nice additional textures I highly reccomend you use, however you must apply 'vanilla+' first if there is an option. I tried to include as many HD skins as possible and get a custom skin for everything possible in the game. I was really impressed as well as others with the quality of the textures, many zones like forest and mines are quite nice. However, several of the monster skins were a bit too unnatural so I separated out some of them. The selection I recommended still has a good amount of skins but tries not to deviate too far from the classic experience!

If you have any questions please feel free to email savesmokey136@gmail.com

Ok so you have a PS4 controller, great!

You've probably already used DS4Windows before, but in case you haven't, I've included it in here for you.

To use DS4Windows you must extract the files to it's own folder and run DS4Windows.exe as admin.

In DS4Windows you will be able to import a profile, you will want to do this for the 'psobb pro.xml' file that you want to import.

Assign the profile to your controller that you have connected, and as long as "Hide DS4 tool" is enabled in the settings tab and you're not having issues with exclusive access.. Your controller will register in pso.

The biggest downfall to this process is that you will have to manually create special actions in DS4Windows. I will list the special actions required below.

NEW highly reccomended config: "psobb pro pivot.xml"

My config has the following configurations for 'psobb pro pivot'. Some of these are taken from my other configs.

|. Swapped Dpad and RS inputs, so game reads them in reverse. I pretty much only use the RS to go through my quick menu so I prefer the extra functionality on the Dpad. Can be achieved by changing in game input settings but I prefer to never change those. Just have to use RS for login screen.

|. L2 now only pivots left. R2 now only pivots right.

|. Share is assigned to "Shift+F1" which in my game is /lobby

|. L3 is assigned to "Shift+F2" which in my game is /bank

|. Touchpad swipe up is assigned to "Shift+F3"

|. Touchpad swipe down is assigned to "Shift+F4"

|. PS button is assigned to "Alt+Tab"

|. R3 is bound to "Enter" on the keyboard. (no more having to touch keyboard to make games)

|. D-Pad [Left, Up, Right, Down] are mapped to [1,2,3,4]

|. Swipe Left on Touchpad is bound to 5.

|. Swipe Right on Touchpad is bound to 6.

|. RS [Left, Up, Right, Down] are mapped to [7,8,9,0]

Unfortunately for this config you still need to map those special actions in DS4Windows.

Note D1-D0 stand for 1-0 on your number row.

Those actions are as follows:

PSO Dpad Left | Left | D1 (Scan Code)
PSO Dpad Up | Up | D2 (Scan Code)
PSO Dpad Right | Right | D3 (Scan Code)
PSO Dpad Down | Down | D1 (Scan Code)

PSO RS Left | Right Stick Left | D1 (Scan Code)
PSO RS Up | Right Stick Up | D2 (Scan Code)
PSO RS Right | Right Stick Right | D3 (Scan Code)
PSO RS Down | Right Stick Down | D1 (Scan Code)

psobb pro dpad.xml control scheme:

So this setup is designed to map all the additional 10 slots on the hotbar directly to buttons on your controller so you can use all 16 slots, but you do lose some of the controls. There is a more complicated config below that keeps all the controls and adds the additional ability triggers.

DPAD: Left = 1 Up = 2 Right = 3 Down = 4
(also still navigates menus)

Left Thumbstick: Normal

Right Thumbstick: Left = 5 Up = 6 Right = 7 Down = 8

Left Trigger: 9
Right Trigger: 0

L1: Normal
R1: Normal

Share Button: Shift+F1

Start Button: Normal

Left Thumbstick Button (L3): Shift+F2

Right Thumbstick Button : Enter

Slide Down On Touchbar: Shift+F3

Slide Up On Touchbar: Shift+F4

PS Button: Alt+Tab

In order for the config to work as shown, we need to make a few special actions that will trigger the effects that we want.

You will have to go into the profiles tab and edit the psobb pro dpad profile. Under the Special Actions tab you will have to create new actions for each direction on your DPAD and Right Thumbstick. It is VERY IMPORTANT to select the "Scan Code" option. Look above for the numbers that match this config, or create your own for what you think works best for you.

psobb pro.xml control scheme:

Something to know about this build is that it bakes a lot of functionality into just a few commands. It has some downfalls behind the scenes, like how you have to use the keyboard to assign abilities to the hotbar and to get the triggers to work to change the abilities being cast, multiple numbers get sent to PSO so you will be best only using techniques on the hotbar.

DPAD: Normal

Left Thumbstick: Normal

Right Thumbstick: Left = 4 Up = 5 Right = 6 Down = 0

Left Trigger + Right Thumstick:
Left = 1 Up = 2 Right = 3 Down = 0

Right Trigger + Right Thumbstick:
Left = 7 Up = 8 Right = 9 Down = 0

L1: Normal
R1: Normal

Share Button: Shift+F1

Start Button: Normal

Left Thumbstick Button (L3): Shift+F2

Right Thumbstick Button : Enter

Slide Down On Touchbar: Shift+F3

Slide Up On Touchbar: Shift+F4

In order for the config to work as shown, we need to make a few special actions that will trigger the effects that we want.

You will have to go into the profiles tab and edit the psobb pro profile. Under the Special Actions tab you will have to create new actions for a few button combos. You will have to use the "Scan Code" option and "Record Delays" to get the macro recorded properly. It will be tricky so take your time and use the "record before" option as necessary.

RS Left: Macro (Scan Code)
Wait 50ms
Press D4
Wait 50ms
Release D4

RS Up: Macro (Scan Code)
Wait 50ms
Press D5
Wait 50ms
Release D5

RS Right: Macro (Scan Code)
Wait 50ms
Press D6
Wait 50ms
Release D6

RS Down: Scan Code D0

L2 + RS Left: Scan Code D1
L2 + RS Up: Scan Code D2
L2 + RS Right: Scan Code D3

R2 + RS Left: Scan Code D7
R2 + RS Up: Scan Code D8
R2 + RS Right: Scan Code D9

Last edited:
I'd suggest to remove the color from the post's text, basically impossible to read with the forum's dark theme.

Lol what's weird is I didn't set a color and I keep trying to set it to none and it does nothing

edit: hope red works lol

Lol what's weird is I didn't set a color and I keep trying to set it to none and it does nothing

edit: hope red works lol
I've seen such thing in other forum suites too....
That's a bit better, at least can be read somewhat.
I guess if you want to bother a bit with it, you can edit the post, click the rightmost icon in the editor and paste this stuff on it
Code:
I've always been one to try to optimize and enhance my gameplay as much as possible. It's no wonder the mods in this community captured my attention and I, along with many others, spend countless hours just tinkering away. Well I think this collection captures the best that the community has to offer, with little to no technical knowledge required. An easy way for any person to get their game running with all the greatest tech!

[B]DOWNLOAD: [URL='http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgbxvb16bd25n5b/modular%20texture%20pack.zip']http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgbxvb16bd25n5b/modular texture pack.zip[/URL][/B]

[ATTACH]5753[/ATTACH]

All the credit goes to the developers of each of the 3 main modifications included in this collection.

~ [URL]https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/modern-dark-glass-hud-addons-modifications.7282/[/URL]

You will also find a full suite of LuaScript addons pre-configured and arranged for 1080p by none other than NDW. This includes:
Chatlog, Coordinate Viewer, Drop Charts, Invincibility Ready, Item Reader, Monster Reader, Player Reader, and XP bar. All of which are the original versions by their respective creators.

~ [URL]https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/psobb-addon-plugin-lua-ui-addons.4543/[/URL]
[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[ATTACH]5754[/ATTACH]
[LEFT][SIZE=14px]
You will also find the ENB mod version that Matt posted along with the effect.cfg

This forces PSOBB to use your systems most powerful GPU and enables modern effects for bloom and surface reflections. This is very powerful because you can use it without any effects to enable your system to use the GPU as opposed to integrated graphics which can make a huge framerate difference on most computers.

~ [URL]https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/psobb-post-processing.721/[/URL]
~ [URL]https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/laptop-graphics-card.3838/[/URL]

You will also find a painstakingly manually selected, tested, and organized collection of hd textures and reskins for PSOBB. These come from two places mostly, Ulevo's Custom Skins, and universps.online.fr.

These textures are meant to be as vanilla+ as possible. I took into consideration the opinions of veterans and new players alike to build the most satisfying experience. The idea was originally to get every single thing in the game updated, but not everything was high enough quality to pass our standards, and some took away from the feel of the game. What we ended up with was a mishmash of everything from Echelon, Ulevo, and Universps.online. I think you will enjoy everything included in this mod, especially the effects and area retextures.

I've left a folder of optional monster textures in this pack, if you were interested in changing as much as possible.

~ [URL]https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/ulevos-custom-skins.258/[/URL]
~ [URL]http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/skin/listeSkinUS.php5[/URL]

I've also included a basic PS4 Controller config for ds4tool that I made myself, and it works pretty well. 16 abilities mapped, with some other shortcuts.

As I make improvements to the PS4 Config I'll update the download link and upload my config file here.

I also intend to add in a profile for xbox controllers with antimicro.

I've seen such thing in other forum suites too....
That's a bit better, at least can be read somewhat.
I guess if you want to bother a bit with it, you can edit the post, click the rightmost icon in the editor and paste this stuff on it
Code:

[B]DOWNLOAD: [URL='http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgbxvb16bd25n5b/modular%20texture%20pack.zip']http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgbxvb16bd25n5b/modular texture pack.zip[/URL][/B]

[ATTACH]5753[/ATTACH]

~ [URL]https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/modern-dark-glass-hud-addons-modifications.7282/[/URL]

Chatlog, Coordinate Viewer, Drop Charts, Invincibility Ready, Item Reader, Monster Reader, Player Reader, and XP bar. All of which are the original versions by their respective creators.

~ [URL]https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/psobb-addon-plugin-lua-ui-addons.4543/[/URL]
[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[ATTACH]5754[/ATTACH]
[LEFT][SIZE=14px]

This forces PSOBB to use your systems most powerful GPU and enables modern effects for bloom and surface reflections. This is very powerful because you can use it without any effects to enable your system to use the GPU as opposed to integrated graphics which can make a huge framerate difference on most computers.

~ [URL]https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/psobb-post-processing.721/[/URL]
~ [URL]https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/laptop-graphics-card.3838/[/URL]

I've left a folder of optional monster textures in this pack, if you were interested in changing as much as possible.

~ [URL]https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/ulevos-custom-skins.258/[/URL]
~ [URL]http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/skin/listeSkinUS.php5[/URL]

As I make improvements to the PS4 Config I'll update the download link and upload my config file here.

I also intend to add in a profile for xbox controllers with antimicro.

working now, thanks~

Ok so I was able to grab a ton of screenshots of the majority of what I've added in. I was also able to add a bunch more vanilla+ textures and some more fancy effects to give it a truly complete feel. It probably won't be modified much from here so I hope you all enjoy the finished version.

Smoke did you get the PS4 triggers working with DS4tools?

If you mean working as in how the game doesn't use them at first, you bet!

My second controller config for ps4 has some unique controls revolving around the triggers, but only really good if you're using techniques. The dpad layout is more friendly in general.

The idea is to use ds4windows or antimicro to send keyboard presses to the game :)

If you mean working as in how the game doesn't use them at first, you bet!

My second controller config for ps4 has some unique controls revolving around the triggers, but only really good if you're using techniques. The dpad layout is more friendly in general.

The idea is to use ds4windows or antimicro to send keyboard presses to the game :)

I use an xinput driver so they natively work in PSO. If you configure a PS4 controller in Steam, it will install a generic xinput driver. Then you just have to close steam and load up PSO.

How did you configure the PS4 controller. I prefer the triggers for snap targeting, are you able to snap target with your setup?

I use an xinput driver so they natively work in PSO. If you configure a PS4 controller in Steam, it will install a generic xinput driver. Then you just have to close steam and load up PSO.

How did you configure the PS4 controller. I prefer the triggers for snap targeting, are you able to snap target with your setup?

Ahh wow that's really cool actually, definitely should be possible but as of now it's not incorporated in my controller config.

I've got two layouts that I use right now:

One where the Dpad is mapped to 1-4, right thumbstick 5-8 and then triggers on 9 and 0. This has been ideal for my Hucast.

Another where LT and RT shift what abilities come from my right thumbstick, so with combinations I have 1-0 all on right thumbstick and RT + LT which opens Dpad for chat shortcuts... But because of how these inputs work I can't assign items to 1-0 so I use this on my Hunewearl.

I really want to incorporate the pivoting action on the triggers, as far as I can tell pivoting comes from the keyboard inputs A and D so all that would really be required is a macro or something that does that when you hit the triggers. I'll get started on that now.

... are you able to snap target with your setup?

Bro I got it working awesomely with ps4 controller.

If u just want to add pivot controls to your game, you can simply assign L2 and R2 in DS4Windows to 'A' and 'D' on the keyboard respectively. Just make sure to choose scan code when assigning.

My config has the following configurations for 'psobb pro pivot'. Some of these are taken from my other configs. I'll upload that specific config on this post and I'll add it to the collection above.

|. Swapped Dpad and RS inputs, so game reads them in reverse. I pretty much only use the RS to go through my quick menu so I prefer the extra functionality on the Dpad. Can be achieved by changing in game input settings but I prefer to never change those. Just have to use RS for login screen.

|. L2 now only pivots left. R2 now only pivots right.

|. Share is assigned to "Shift+F1" which in my game is /lobby

|. L3 is assigned to "Shift+F2" which in my game is /bank

|. Touchpad swipe up is assigned to "Shift+F3"

|. Touchpad swipe down is assigned to "Shift+F4"

|. PS button is assigned to "Alt+Tab"

|. R3 is bound to "Enter" on the keyboard. (no more having to touch keyboard to make games)

|. D-Pad [Left, Up, Right, Down] are mapped to [1,2,3,4]

|. Swipe Left on Touchpad is bound to 5.

|. Swipe Right on Touchpad is bound to 6.

|. RS [Left, Up, Right, Down] are mapped to [7,8,9,0]

Unfortunately for this config you still need to map those special actions in DS4Windows.

Note D1-D0 stand for 1-0 on your number row.

Those actions are as follows:

PSO Dpad Left | Left | D1 (Scan Code)
PSO Dpad Up | Up | D2 (Scan Code)
PSO Dpad Right | Right | D3 (Scan Code)
PSO Dpad Down | Down | D4 (Scan Code)

PSO RS Left | Right Stick Left | D7 (Scan Code)
PSO RS Up | Right Stick Up | D8 (Scan Code)
PSO RS Right | Right Stick Right | D9 (Scan Code)
PSO RS Down | Right Stick Down | D0 (Scan Code)

Attachments

• psobb pro pivot.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Since I start Ephinea in August of 2015, I've been too lazy to remod my game. This pack of skins and stuff is just what I needed. Really enjoying this. Thanks ^^

Ok so I did get around to doing a few extra things. I wrote up a quick setup guide for the preconfig, with all the essentials. I made my own custom UI and custom sound effects with a bunch of free stuff I was able to find. The enhanced gun sounds are REALLY cool imo. All the download links have been updated with new content, and all these extras have links above for you to enjoy.

Ok yo so today after some testing I discovered that you can play episode 2, and the whole game actually, with no issues using Pixel Fog as long as you have Refl. Bump disabled in enb_config.exe! If you're having performance issues OR would like to enhance the bloom effect in game... this is really big news!

Hey, I managed to get this pack working on my PC but on my laptop I get a couple of errors on launch which stop it from working at all.

Error is: "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem."

This is followed by the same error with VCRUNTIME140.dll

Needless to say I tried reinstalling which had no effect. Any ideas?

EDIT: Never mind. The C++ thing didn't install properly before for some reason. Seems fine now

Another update:

After about a week of tweaking and searching, I feel comfortable declaring these pretty much the final versions.

I've also added this to the post above.

ENHANCED Sound Effects:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mgs5mrry19o1sgv/sound effects.zip

This comes with the original sound effects 'common.pac' file, as well as two options.

Install like any of my other files, overwrite matching files EphineaPSO.

I spent almost a week sampling, testing, and editing sounds to make sure they sounded good and fit well with the game. This changes all the things I had always wanted, as well as much more. Originally I wasn't excited about the idea, but once I found some good sounds I was really enjoying the 'enhanced experience'.

These all came from these websites and were all edited in Audacity.

https://freesound.org

https://www.zapsplat.com
https://www.soundeffectsplus.com
http://theforce.net/fanfilms/postproduction/soundfx/

For instance I was really motivated to find a sound for katanas that doesn't sound like you're whipping around a whiffle bat, and I really wanted to find a sound for partisans that was a better fit. It really all started when I received a request for PSO3 menu sounds, and I discovered there was actually reasonable improvements to be made for a 'new' experience.

I hope you all enjoy...

Enhanced Weapon Sounds (Highly Reccomended!):

NEW SOUNDS

Hand to Hand
Handguns
Mechguns
Rifles
Bazookas
Sabers
Swords
Partisans
Daggers
Katanas
Miniguns
Last Survivor-Type
Vivienne-Type

ENHANCED SOUNDS

Shifta
Jellen
Zalure

Major Sound Overhaul:

This includes everything from the combat pack plus:

New Menu Open/Close
New Menu Navigate
New Interact (Confirm/Deny)
New Item Pickup
New Can't Pickup
Quieter Telepipes
New Mag Feeding
New Level Up
New Ressurect

Smokey's ui Remix:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/stp5jt6zhu4kbyc/smokey's ui remix.zip

I took some of the base stuff from the modpack, along with a PSO EP. 3 theme, another black glass theme, and some of my own editing and font flavor to put this together.

Last edited:
Back