Quick question - Quick answer

The amplifier doesn't have a separate name when you target lock it. The word "Darvant" doesn't appear anywhere in PSO, either, and yet everybody knows its name. :eek:

So I am on a mission this year to become a better player and have already come across two questions.

One. For a Fomar, when is it more optimal to use a high hit Guardianna over a high hit DOB?

And two. What is the trick to proc mag invincibility on a Tellusis? I see a lot of the TAers mitigate attacks especially with Epsiguards and on DRL that would otherwise kill them.

Thanks in advance!

For guardiana, when you have a shit ton of hit on it and you’ve positioned yourself prespawn and have loaded up n>n and are about to spirit shotgun something? Personally I don’t even carry it.

And tellu is just an x% chance right? I’d assume you tend to see it often in ta because the successful runs are those with decent triggers?

Makes more sense. Thanks for the quick reply Eva!

Sounds like Guardianna is only good to stop the initial delbiter and dorphon charges, but the timing has to be perfect xD

Last edited:
How do items like Sorcerer's cane (which gives a 20% boost to Gi rank techs) stack with passive traits like the FOmars 30% boost to Gi rank techs?

Is it an additive boost, effectively making Gi techs 50% stronger using Sorc cane and FOmar or is it multiplicative making it 60% stronger?

So I am on a mission this year to become a better player and have already come across two questions.

One. For a Fomar, when is it more optimal to use a high hit Guardianna over a high hit DOB?

And two. What is the trick to proc mag invincibility on a Tellusis? I see a lot of the TAers mitigate attacks especially with Epsiguards and on DRL that would otherwise kill them.

Thanks in advance!
Not an expert here on Guardianna as I don't have experience with it, but it's primarily used as a single target weapon. Referred to as the "Dark Flow for forces", you can start a combo prespawn and try to OHKO with third S, or alternatively you could do NNS/NHS at a specific range to the target. It's also a card-type weapon, which means its projectiles have a infinitely tall hitbox, and it can hit regardless of vertical distance, so it can be used against bosses that are flying in the sky, just like how you would use things like TJS special or Cannon Rouge or Berserk SR Launcher against flying bosses.

The trick to proc-ing 1/10 HP mag triggers is to control the amount your health you have with Girasole/Lavis Blades, or any other "HP drainers", as well as using mates. Monomates is useful in particular since it heals you for only a little bit. You use these tools to get your HP to specific levels, then you take a fixed damage hit, which drops you to exactly below 1/10 HP, and with some luck you'll get the trigger. The "no resta" notion is a thing because if you try to do this and someone casts resta, your HP gets messed up and things gets messy.

By the way, you have to lose 20% total HP and drop below 10% total HP for the mag to have a chance to trigger. Gal Wind is special since its third attack drains 21% HP, which is one of the only ways to get a trigger without an enemy around.

How come we can't NPC swap on Ephinea? I'm not saying I always agreed with Tails and Sonic running around, in fact I found it quite annoying, but I do miss playing as Rico!! She's got a great design.

Does PSOBB have an on-screen keyboard?

IIRC, in the console versions of PSO, it was an additional window next to Symbol Chat and Word Select. This doesn’t seem to exist in PSOBB. Is there maybe another way to open it?

The software keyboard was removed in both PSO PC and PSO BB, since it isn't needed.

you have to lose 20% total HP and drop below 10% total HP for the mag to have a chance to trigger.
Oh, so that's how they fixed it. On V2, you can trigger your mag with Berserk. :eek:

To increase my HBR Rank, do I need to complete the quests in a group? I just completed one of the quests solo and nothing happened to my Statistics page.

Does anyone know where the name "Darvant" came from? What are these things actually called internally?
Crappy Picture I just took from Version I Dreamcast Guide:
0gH9nKw.jpg

I'm trying to do some digging to find out where the name came from, did you also know that the poison bushes and the traps in Ruins have names too?

The poison bush is called グァーダ (Guada? Gwada? Something like that) and the trap is called グァーム (Guam? Gloom (although Gloom is グルーム)?).

What quests do you have to do to unlock the quests for soul eater? I don't remember what quests to do to unlock all the other quests like sealed door etc.

the trap is called グァーム (Guam? Gloom (although Gloom is グルーム)?).

There's an unused Episode 3 card that refers to it as Guom Trap, so that's pretty accurate.

Reactions: Mad
Back