Quick question - Quick answer

Do final ATP over base ATP (with no weapon or other modifiers equipped) to get the percentage increase.

What calculation would I use to get the SD level based on ATP/DFP?

I just did a few PB+donation combos with @Arsuru and our alts and made note of ATP/DFP after each w/ level and my base beforehand but unsure what Math I need.
Multipliers for Shifta/Deband level X according to azurepso:
Code:
1.10+0.013*(X-1)

Do final ATP over base ATP (with no weapon or other modifiers equipped) to get the percentage increase.

And the %, how do I turn that into S/D level.

Multipliers for Shifta/Deband level X according to azurepso:
Code:
1.10+0.013*(X-1)

What exactly is each of the numbers referring too?

And the %, how do I turn that into S/D level.

What exactly is each of the numbers referring too?
For example, with Shifta 3, 1.10+0.013*(3-1)=1.126, which is multiplied to base ATP, and we get a percentage increase of +12.6% (base) ATP.

Has anyone done an objective comparison between the usefulness of various Forces now that damage cancel is largely gone? I started to make a FOnewm, but I'm not sure how much the boosted RA techs actually set him apart from FOnewearl.

FOmar and FOmarl are also options for better melee ability, but I'm not really excited to run out and find Charge Vulcans with 70%+ hit when SoF and Bringer's Rifle are readily available.

In a multiplayer setting, the nukes are still largely worthless other than Gifoie. In that department, it goes FOnewm > FOmar > FOnewearl > FOmarl, with FOmar basically being equal to FOnewm in practice (though this is with Gifoie 30, FOnewm is better with 29).

Using melee on all the FOs is pretty important, it's generally more useful than Demon's because it's consistent (even with simple 50H gear) and works. Stuff like 70H Charge Vulcans are not that important, you don't even need to do any of the accuracy glitches to melee well. FOnewearl would use Vivienne as her only real melee option though, meaning Demon's is still her main offense which is something of a drawback really. Demon's doesn't kill, it only weakens, which is actually a huge issue when your aim is to kill fast.

Note that I'm not saying Demon's is useless or anything, it's still used quite heavily on the Forces, just ATP-based melee is generally more useful where it works. Where it works will vary depending on the FO you are playing.

So for a list of general usefulness in a party (since I'm assuming this is what you're interested in):

1. FOmar
2. FOnewm
3. FOmarl
4. FOnewearl

Of course, this list changes depending on what you're playing (for example, FOmarl is more useful than FOnewm in anything where Gifoie is not useful, while FOnewearl is more useful than FOmarl in anything where Gifoie is useful), but this is just an overall look.

For solo it's also a little different, generally FOnewm is #1 and FOnewearl is #2, with the melee FOs being alright, but solo FO is mostly nuking.

Hello everyone,

I posted a few threads for advice about my Fomar and some of you told me that the best weapon I could use before farming for high level weapons in Ult would be a Geist S-rank weapon.

So my question is : is it possible to obtain a S-rank weapon from challenge mode and put the Geist attribute on it or should I farm it ? Should I aim for a S-rank slicer or is it possible to obtain a S-rank doublesaber ?

i'm currently lvl 17 so I think I won't be able to obtain such a weapon in a long time. At least I coul go to C-mode and try obtaining a S-rank weapon first but I'm afraid it'll be hard.

If I want another S-rank weapon should i start over with another character ?

Whats the best way to roll coal on the scavenger then?
I dont understand the different tier present % rates, unless charge rolls only from yellow presents is there any reason to not just play green 60/30% hit chance?

Are certain specials locked behind certain colour presents?

I got
Mechgun [Chaos] [0/0/0/0|55]
Mechgun [Spirit] [0/0/0/0|55]
both from green, but im rolling for 60h charge, can anyone insight into whats good?

scavenger~
Color selection: Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Yellow
Weapon types: Saber, Handgun, Dagger, Rifle, Slicer, Shot, Partisan, Mechgun
Special types: Berserk, Spirit, Charge, Gush, Geist, Arrest, Chaos, Demon's, Hell

Hit Rates (55H/60H)

Green: 60%/30%
Blue: 40%/20%
Purple: 20%/10%
Red: 10%/5%
Yellow: 4%/1%

Hello everyone,

I posted a few threads for advice about my Fomar and some of you told me that the best weapon I could use before farming for high level weapons in Ult would be a Geist S-rank weapon.

So my question is : is it possible to obtain a S-rank weapon from challenge mode and put the Geist attribute on it or should I farm it ? Should I aim for a S-rank slicer or is it possible to obtain a S-rank doublesaber ?

i'm currently lvl 17 so I think I won't be able to obtain such a weapon in a long time. At least I coul go to C-mode and try obtaining a S-rank weapon first but I'm afraid it'll be hard.

If I want another S-rank weapon should i start over with another character ?
Geist S-Ranks isn't something people usually go for, since when playing at high levels, 10 Trifluids is more than sufficient for most quests, and generally you only run out of them if you're nuking nonstop. If you run out of them, you should be able to cast Ryuker and just buy 10 more -- which makes the necessity of Geist S-Ranks very specific.

Note that it costs Photon Drops (PDs) to add specials to S-Ranks. Geist costs 40 PDs, you'll probably enter Ultimate before getting that many, and I would personally suggest you to spend them elsewhere.

Challenge Mode is independent of your character's level so you could try it at anytime. It definitely can be challenging, but the best way to get into it quickly is to try it and listen to advice of people who are good at it. There is a Challenge Mode channel on the official Discord where you can ask for advice and look for people to play it with. People usually create new level 1 characters for it, typically HUcast/HUcaseal/FOnewearl. You can utilize the /cbank feature to create new characters easily.
Whats the best way to roll coal on the scavenger then?
I dont understand the different tier present % rates, unless charge rolls only from yellow presents is there any reason to not just play green 60/30% hit chance?

Are certain specials locked behind certain colour presents?

I got
Mechgun [Chaos] [0/0/0/0|55]
Mechgun [Spirit] [0/0/0/0|55]
both from green, but im rolling for 60h charge, can anyone insight into whats good?

scavenger~
Color selection: Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Yellow
Weapon types: Saber, Handgun, Dagger, Rifle, Slicer, Shot, Partisan, Mechgun
Special types: Berserk, Spirit, Charge, Gush, Geist, Arrest, Chaos, Demon's, Hell

Hit Rates (55H/60H)

Green: 60%/30%
Blue: 40%/20%
Purple: 20%/10%
Red: 10%/5%
Yellow: 4%/1%
The lower-tier weapons have lower base stats. For example, Mechgun has +0 base ATA, while Vulcans have +12 base ATA. A 60H Charge Mechgun has 60 ATA, which is worse than 50H Charge Vulcan (62 ATA) stat-wise.

For other weapons, lower-tier weapons have lower ATP too, which means it deals slightly less damage.

The Scavenger feature is mostly for vanity, as it's very difficult to get high hit Green~Red tier weapons with high hit and useful specials otherwise. While a 60H Charge Mechgun is worse than a 50H Charge Vulcan, your bullets are now green.

Some people regard this feature as an "easier" way to get weapons that are better than what's usually obtainable. They would spend a lot of Coals on Red/Yellow tiers in hope of getting a 55H~60H weapon with good special, which would have more ATA than 50H yellow tier weapons which you normally obtain from drops/Restless Lion.

I have another question about Mags this time.
My hunter got Rudra as I lvl up POW first and it got Golla as a second PB. I saw in this chart : http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1240
that if I lvl up DEX as a secondary stat, it will evolve into Varaha and got Golla again, does it mean it won't learn a third PB ? Do I have to start over in order to have a mag with 3 PB ? Because I don't want to lvl up his MIND just to unlock Bhirava and get a third PB :/

Thanks

I have another question about Mags this time.
My hunter got Rudra as I lvl up POW first and it got Golla as a second PB. I saw in this chart : http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1240
that if I lvl up DEX as a secondary stat, it will evolve into Varaha and got Golla again, does it mean it won't learn a third PB ? Do I have to start over in order to have a mag with 3 PB ? Because I don't want to lvl up his MIND just to unlock Bhirava and get a third PB :/

Thanks
What you could do, if you'd rather get Twins (which is a free S/D) just make a character with Viridia, Redria, Skyly, Purplenum or Yellowboze and level it from 49-50 there, it will give you Ila which will give you Twins.

The lower-tier weapons have lower base stats. For example, Mechgun has +0 base ATA, while Vulcans have +12 base ATA. A 60H Charge Mechgun has 60 ATA, which is worse than 50H Charge Vulcan (62 ATA) stat-wise.

The Scavenger feature is mostly for vanity, as it's very difficult to get high hit Green~Red tier weapons with high hit and useful specials otherwise. While a 60H Charge Mechgun is worse than a 50H Charge Vulcan, your bullets are now green.

Some people regard this feature as an "easier" way to get weapons that are better than what's usually obtainable. They would spend a lot of Coals on Red/Yellow tiers in hope of getting a 55H~60H weapon with good special, which would have more ATA than 50H yellow tier weapons which you normally obtain from drops/Restless Lion.

Thanks for the in depth explanation, when is the pso mechanics book kickstarter or book coming out?
sure would make an interesting read!

In order to get the third PB, you must change its stat alignment so that it evolves into a mag that learns a different PB, then change the alignment back to get the mag you actually want. Whether you can do this depends upon the desired final stats of the mag, its current level, and its current stats: some builds may not give you enough wiggle room to get an extra evolution just to learn a PB, or if you've already built one stat way higher than the others, you may not have enough levels left to change the alignment without ruining the final stats. In that case, you'd have to either accept having only 2 PBs, accept new final stats, or start raising a new mag.

As Harna said, you can also temporarily give the mag to a different character who can get a different evolution with its current stats, assuming a combination exists that gives you the PB you want.

What you could do, if you'd rather get Twins (which is a free S/D) just make a character with Viridia, Redria, Skyly, Purplenum or Yellowboze and level it from 49-50 there, it will give you Ila which will give you Twins.
What do you mean by "Twins" ? My hunter is Redria, I think I could start over with a new mag no ?

Ok :)
EDIT : I got an error when I try to follow your link "this page doesn't exist or could not be found"

Anyway, I think I'll try to get her a Nidra, this way I'll have the Twins, Pilla and Farla. Is it a good idea ? My force is male and Yellowboze so it won't be a problem to have it :)

Last edited:
So I tried to use "Magatama" to know how to feed my mag in order to get Nidra, but when I get Nidra and give it back to my Hunewearl, it changes back to Savitri when it gain a level ? Is it normal ? Should I keep it with my Fomar until lvl 200 to keep Nidra ?

Back