Ephineacon 2018: More Than Just a Meme

Respond to this poll if you want to attend Ephineacon 2018.

• Total voters
lol, rip euro-pso'er's & canadian ones. u.u
(+ a midwest con , gah that sounds soooo bad lol - but who knows you guys are love-able enough to pull it off)

I'd be interested, roughly a 12 hour drive for me. Kind of wanted to plan an adventure soon anyway.

I think it's a great idea- but it would need enough people willing to participate to stop it from being just an idea and actually happening in reality.
I'd love to hang out with my bros from the UK, maybe visit an amusement park =)

Last edited:
Aww come onnnn Michigan is basically in Canada
i dont wanna try cross the border lol they second screened me last time and i was just a 16 year old kid.
This time they'll put me in a fema camp and throw away the key. :p

I'm glad I don't live in michigan and If I did I wouldn't want to meet up with anyone from PSO. I couldn't think of anything more horrifying and uncomfortable. There was no option to vote ''hell no''.

If people do meet up, I hope you enjoy yourselfs etc

I wasn't going to comment, but since it looks like this might actually happen: there are some sketchy people in this community and this is a bad idea.

Even if 50 nice people show up, all it takes is one bad person to ruin it all. One person to decide to take the trolling to real life. And then people might end up hurt/kidnapped/etc - especially if you rent out a public space where basically anyone can show up.

PSO is full of hackers and trolls. Everyone here isn't exactly a law-abiding citizen. Take Broomop for example - he illegally hacked us and stole files from us. He didn't care about the potential consequences. And there are a couple people who I'm pretty sure would be happy if their trolling/bullying actually caused a depressed person to go over the edge and kill themselves. Who knows what such people are like in real life? (Also, banning people doesn't mean they still don't lurk and won't find out about this event)

At least take proper security precautions. Make sure randoms can't just walk in uninvited, and make sure the venue has cameras.

Lol @falkenjeff as someone who was part of the active melee tournament community years ago, I can tell you people who troll and act like asshats online, well thats a far cry from how they act in real life. And I'm willing to bet (despite the fact that I'm not gonna come to this) that this community is exactly the same. They only do that because the cover of keyboard warrioring allows them to. I mean yeah it'd be a room full of awkward nerds/gamers but it's far and away from actual assholes.

One thing you must also realize is that while yeah hackers are a pain to deal with, it's originally because of them and their abilities that we have a PSO private server community in the first place. I'm not givin broomfgt any credit but I'm just saying in general. They're not gonna hack you irl m8, swear on me keyboard i do. :wacko:

What kind of monsters have some of y'all been meeting in this game lol

I totally understand someone not being comfortable going to a meetup, but this oft-repeated "Eww, PSO Players" attitude is quite bewildering to me, especially when you're one of those people. As if "PSO player" means anything in the first place - it's a game that people play, not a demographic.

I guess some of you have had some bad experiences, and that's a shame, especially if it negatively impacts a game that you enjoy. But I would say that's an internet thing, or life in general thing, not a PSO thing. Oh well.

nerds/gamers
Ok, I'll plead guilty to that one

Last edited:
I can tell you people who troll and act like asshats online, well thats a far cry from how they act in real life

I dunno man, I've never met a worse community than the PSO underground. No one has legitimately tried to get me to kill myself until I came here.

People like that usually have a mental illness of some sort, and I doubt they have the mental capacity to create a fake online persona. They're actually just that messed up.

PSO is also unique in its ability to attract people with messed up broken lives, since it will run on a $5 computer with a dial up connection. (No matter how bad life gets, even if you're homeless, you can probably find a way to play PSO). This is partially why the community is so bad (or so I assume).

inb4 my peeps from ephinea all book tickets and the event is cancelled.

Despite all the negative energy I think I would be willing meet some PSO folks, except it's 600 miles away and would require me to take some of my hard earned vacation days. Not to mention extra money for hotel and Eating Out 3 times a day.

I thought I was paranoid. Heck, I said an earlier comment but I ended up deleting it because I felt that it was harsh but @falkenjeff really takes the cake. :wacko:

Anyway, seems like a decent idea I suppose but I likely won't even bother going.

Last edited:
I was pretty negative in mine because its a group of people that are unknown and a few of which are probably disliked by myself, just because we meet irl doesn't mean we'd be chums or have fun, some people infact if I went and they went would result in my fist in their face just because they were an asshole. Like Nyte said meeting ''certain'' people would be possible and nice. Iv'e met up with a few people here in the UK before but just me, and just them, and had an awesome time.

kidnapped

Pls

I was pretty negative in mine because its a group of people that are unknown and a few of which are probably disliked by myself, just because we meet irl doesn't mean we'd be chums or have fun, some people infact if I went and they went would result in my fist in their face just because they were an asshole. Like Nyte said meeting ''certain'' people would be possible and nice. Iv'e met up with a few people here in the UK before but just me, and just them, and had an awesome time.

Pls
I'd put my fist in your asshole for being such a face :mad: Wait I messed that up

Back