Apple didn't bring back the headphone jack :(

falkenjeff

I have quit the game
Guildcard
Guildcard 2
But I don't wanna switch ecosystems cuz muh apps I paid $$$ for.

What do I do when my iPhone 4 dies?

That news is old asf. You should be complaining about Apple not having the home button.

If you want to stick with Apple but need the headphone jack, the iPhone SE may be your best bet. The form factor is the same as the 5-series: https://www.apple.com/iphone-se/

Full disclosure: it has the internals of the 6s-series, and my nearly three-year-old 6 Plus (one generation older than that) is getting pretty laggy in iOS 11. A switch to Android may be what the doctor ordered, but won’t help you with the money you’ve already invested in the Apple ecosystem.

Last edited:
That news is old asf. You should be complaining about Apple not having the home button.

I thought they might have caved in to pressure and brought it back on the new phone.

Sadly, they did not.

Apple just gets worse and worse since Jobs died. I'm getting rid of my iPhone when my next upgrade comes around.

I switched from apple to android last year after using iphones for a long time.
I don't regret the decision, only thing i do miss is facetime. But u have so many apps which can do the same thing now so its not too big of a loss.

The biggest benefit was that i paid half the cost of an iphone for an android phone which does basically the same things.
I may switch back at some point, but not just yet, especially if apples current $1k prices seem to be the new trend

While I don't have a mobile device myself (still using a traditional cell phone), it's exactly this kind of shit that make the PC a better choice for me.

My reasoning for that? A PC's not going to be the prettiest/fanciest-looking system, and Microsoft's made some stupid choices themselves (looking at YOU, Windows Vista). But PCs, at least, have one huge advantage: versatility. With the exception of most laptops, if your PC's parts become outdated or damaged, or you simply want to make your system run faster (ex. building a high-end gaming PC), all you really need is some basic computer tech/repair knowledge and know what parts you need. Furthermore, if you don't like a certain/newer OS, changing it is as simple as installing a different OS (though there are a few other steps that are needed, but not difficult if you know what you're doing). And, with some exceptions, if your computer's beyond saving, there's the chance you'll be able to SALVAGE whatever data you might have on it and copy it to a new system. While you should still have regular backups, if you salvage data from an old computer, it can at least keep you from losing months/years of work, especially if said work is IMPORTANT.

Apple, on the other hand? Afaik, one of its biggest "advantages" over PC is the "fact" that you'll never, EVER get any viruses no matter what. I'm pretty sure this isn't true, having taken computer programming courses and knowing that no security measure can block 100% of all attempts to compromise a system if someone REALLY wants to screw you over. But really, who's going to waste time trying to program a virus for Apple computers when Microsoft's PC is much more well-known and preferred in general, and Apple's just digging its own grave anyway? Outside of that, and possibly a few things that Apple can do that PC can't, it gives almost EXACTLY the same benefits as a PC (and similar phones/tablets in the mobile department), often with almost TWICE the cost (possibly with much of that cost being due to the fancy exterior/menus, hence why I consider Apple products overpriced luxuries).

And you want to know the worst part? Unlike with PC, you get an Apple product, you can't change any part of it. Whatever performance it gives you, you have to stick with it. No changing parts around, no adding parts to improve its performance, nothing. And while I'm not sure if other mobile devices are the same, I'm not surprised that Apple mobile devices won't let you transfer apps you bought to a new device, because the Apple computer is the same way. The fact that you can't change/add parts mean that some things will naturally be out of reach anyway (such as games with more high-end graphics), but God FORBID your Apple computer DIES. If that happens, not only will you have to pay even MORE money to buy a new Apple computer, but due to to the nature of Apple products in general, if you don't have external backups that you keep REGULARLY updated, you'll lose EVERYTHING you had on that computer, and nothing you say will get that data back. What's that? You had a very important project that you needed to finish for your job, you didn't back it up at all (though no self-respecting computer user would do such a project without making external backups of it for just such a scenario), and you're dangerously close to the dead line? Tough luck. You'll have to do it ALL OVER AGAIN, and with much less time than you originally had.

Long story short, I feel that Apple products are more expensive inconveniences than revolutionary innovations in computer technology, and many of Apple's recent choices prove that. The Microsoft PC is just more reliable an affordable in general (and I'm sure non-Apple mobile devices are the same), and tends to give a lot more freedom concerning what you can do with it (you want to turn your PC into the ultimate gaming system with near-perfect FPS + amazing graphics to increase your enjoyment of Overwatch, DOTA 2, Dark Souls, and other games? If you have the tools, money, parts, and knowledge to make it happen, Go for it!).

Last edited:
some sort of portable computer/micro-laptop that runs linux
that has a gamepad built in
that also has 4g so it can act as a cell phone

it is some sort of technical chimera
Linux? You can't play Call of Duty, League, etc. Not worth the buy.

if only pyra could run pso

Back