Proposed New Drop Charts

While I feel like I want to comment here to have my voice heard; I cannot in all reality comment without rectal breathing.
I simply don't know rare item tiering.
To start talking about which weapon where and for how many cookies would only make me look stupid.
That said, I trust the community as a whole to make changes that I will enjoy.

Would it be possible to add Getsugasan? Its about as useful as a Tanegashima or other 9 star items, but would be a cool option for melle early game. It's slightly more powerful, but has no special. Also... It's unobtainable like kunai(as far as i know) Well, i guess it was stated no other items would be added. It would be cool to see this item though.

People rolling FOmar/marl may prefer Soul Eater for the zerk special, or perhaps for the lower ATP requirement. I just like it because it looks cool and could be really awesome with percents.

I wasn't gonna post anything and just wait for the final changes, but oran crater without DLS is horrible, even more because zero divide is completely useless.

It gets V801, the best SoF drop, Shouren, H/Battle and the obvious PC that everyone gets. Seems pretty alright to me, and it gets the best DLS drop still, just not in Crater.

Thinking about it, I'm gonna make Redria's SoF drop a little weaker (1/450 -> 1/731) since Heaven Striker now drops there.

Last edited:
yeah, that sof drop alone is worth playing some crater for imo. Not to mention getting pcs alongside it if you're spamming lizards.

Makes sense with the ep2 buffs, i agree, but Oran is still a really underplayed ID. I'm Oran myself and will most likely change because the only reason id keep it is to hard hunt psycho wand.

Also Pazuzu Shouren was huntable (with hit); Eclair Shouren... Not that much.

Any chance of greenill spaceship getting one more good/okay item to hunt along with GULD?

I only ask because I'm pretty sure @Matt said "anything higher than 1/28k isn't supposed to be hunted" and greenill guld is 1/40k, so... idk lol

Any chance of greenill spaceship getting one more good/okay item to hunt along with GULD?

I only ask because I'm pretty sure @Matt said "anything higher than 1/28k isn't supposed to be hunted" and greenill guld is 1/40k, so... idk lol
Plus, whatever happened with adjusting the drop rate on Greenill SS Delsaber Guld to make it a much more viable hunt? Whitills EP1 Gran Sorcer Guld hunt is not only 1/28K, also far more Sorcerers per run with various quests, and has great auxiliary drops.

All I'm suggesting here is Make Greenill Guld Great Again by bringing it's rate to 1/28K. Please?

Plus, whatever happened with adjusting the drop rate on Greenill SS Delsaber Guld to make it a much more viable hunt? Whitills EP1 Gran Sorcer Guld hunt is not only 1/28K, also far more Sorcerers per run with various quests, and has great auxiliary drops.

All I'm suggesting here is Make Greenill Guld Great Again by bringing it's rate to 1/28K. Please?

I dont think uber rates are changing. Not even this one.

I don't think so honestly, the Greenill Guld rate is actually pretty good considering that LRR has 64 Delsabers; FoaM is only 38 sorcerers. Plus Spaceship is easier, mostly because it can be Helled and is only area 2. I could see it getting a side drop though, as this is what made the drop attractive on SCHTServ (because Panzer Faust also dropped). Whitill was still generally more popular though as it was a good ID in general.

1/28K Greenill Guld would definitely make Guld more common to some degree, which is not the scope of these changes.

Also someone was going on about DAR earlier: All rates have DAR factored into them, so the DAR of the enemy does not matter. In fact, as long as it's like 50-60% and not higher than that, it makes the enemy more susceptible to DAR boosts since it won't cap out. (Although Lost E2 will never be HBR because they're already strong quests alone and most likely will be the go-to hunt for a lot of things)

Last edited:
I don't think so honestly, the Greenill Guld rate is actually pretty good considering that LRR has 64 Delsabers; FoaM is only 38 sorcerers. Plus Spaceship is easier, mostly because it can be Helled and is only area 2. I could see it getting a side drop though, as this is what made the drop attractive on SCHTServ (because Panzer Faust also dropped). Whitill was still generally more popular though as it was a good ID in general.

1/28K Greenill Guld would definitely make Guld more common to some degree, which is not the scope of these changes.

Also someone was going on about DAR earlier: All rates have DAR factored into them, so the DAR of the enemy does not matter. In fact, as long as it's like 50-60% and not higher than that, it makes the enemy more susceptible to DAR boosts since it won't cap out. (Although Lost E2 will never be HBR because they're already strong quests alone and most likely will be the go-to hunt for a lot of things)
I'll (partially) rescind my statement about adjusting the Greenill Guld. Other than that, thumbs up on the progress with making Spaceship great again.

Most likely yes.

I've updated a "balance chart" onto the proposed tables, you can find it by tabbing over to the sheet. It will give you a good idea of balance at a glance. Let me know if I've missed something, and also we would still like your feedback.
Correction on balance chart:
  • Blue Desert does not have Asteron Belt
I'm surprised Zanba isn't considered core hunt, as people play seabed for the mobs and RT for the boss unless they're bored of RT. Meanwhile 3084 is considered core hunt.

Has HBR implications on Ul Gibbons Lame been discussed throughly already?

I haven't done anything of the sort. 3084 is considered a core hunt because it's easy and bears results pretty quickly. Zanba, while relatively popular (although not really), is a much harder drop that people don't really try to hunt for because it's kinda hard.

We thought about HBR for the Gibbon Lame and we personally think it's not so much of an issue. The Dorphon Lame is still going to be better currently, while the Gibbon Lame is an option if you prefer Episode 2 / are Pinkal, and if there's HBR across PW, you can use that to hunt Lame easier. Plus to me, if you're getting decent drops in HBR, you deserve them because you've been playing a lot.

I could probably do with nerfing the rate a little though, PW2 is a very good quest for Gibbons and it's not that long, 1/2,500 was just a working rate.

I haven't done anything of the sort.

I thought she was saying Zanba isn't in the "balance" chart.

It is. I assumed you edited it in lol.

If that's not the case, my b.

Actually yeah I'm gonna make the Lame a bit rarer, there's more Gibbons in PW2 than I originally thought.

Pinkal Lame from 1/2,500 to 1/3,500.
Pinkal Lore from 1/3,000 to 1/3,500.
Greenill Striker from 1/4,000 to 1/3,500.
Redria Striker from 1/4,000 to 1/3,500.

Zanba, while relatively popular (although not really), is a much harder drop that people don't really try to hunt for because it's kinda hard.
Zanba hunt so hard D: Have hunted it for a while tbh (xrd 2 and Mu4) and have only had it drop 3 times :p

So anyway, unless anyone has any massive problems with the chart as of current, we're most likely going to push this out ASAP, since it seems there isn't much comment anymore.

Just like previous chart changes, there will be a grace period where users will be able to switch their ID freely until you finally have to choose afterwards.

I'm looking forward to getting back into Ep. 2!

For some reason, I always associate Ep. 2 with that epic, "new" feel that PSO had when I started. My first time playing online was MA2v1 (before the Tower parts existed), and I'll never forget it.

Back