Hallo, newbie here

Ran.

Not completely new to PSO, but fairly inexperienced. Knew it way back from my cousin's Dreamcast, but I never had one so I couldn't try it much. Later found out about private servers, but didn't play for too long since I was mostly alone. It was hard to get into any lasting groups as a newbie.

Now I discovered Ephinea (pretty sure it wasn't a thing back when I last played), and it seems pretty nice and polished. Hopefully I'll find somewhere I fit, and be able to stay and have fun for a long time ^^

Not completely new to PSO, but fairly inexperienced. Knew it way back from my cousin's Dreamcast, but I never had one so I couldn't try it much. Later found out about private servers, but didn't play for too long since I was mostly alone. It was hard to get into any lasting groups as a newbie.

Now I discovered Ephinea (pretty sure it wasn't a thing back when I last played), and it seems pretty nice and polished. Hopefully I'll find somewhere I fit, and be able to stay and have fun for a long time ^^
Eeeeeee!!! Another Dreamcaster returns to the fight! *POUNCES and examines carefully!* Totally understandable how you're feeling 'new' even if u has a few hours to your name under your belt! There are No Elitists around to sour your new life here dear! If there ARE...we WILL find them and we will make them wish they were never....oops! Sorry! Don't hesitate to ask anything or simply make a room with a simple..."New here Halp!" and preeeetty sure a valiant soul will pop on in and help get your paws wet with native blood all over again! Welcome Home Ran-san! =3

Last edited:
Ephinea has been around since around August 2015 so it's relatively new, not even hit the 2 year mark yet but it's certainly doing very well for itself!

Welcome :3

I am also a newbie, but even further new than you. I only heard of the game from how to get a Tails Chao in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, but that was it. That was literally the only reason I was thinking of getting it, but I never really actually gotten a Gamecube copy of Adventure 2 Battle, so that was blasted out of the water.

And then I eventually heard of this server and thought, "So I might as well see how much Blue Burst costs"

lmao, I was shocked when I couldn't find any copies. Then I learned I was a big dumbass and noticed that you could download a client. So I did so. I fell in love with this game quickly ^^;

Eeeeeee!!! Another Dreamcaster returns to the fight! *POUNCES and examines carefully!* Totally understandable how you're feeling 'new' even if u has a few hours to your name under your belt! There are No Elitists around to sour your new life here dear! If there ARE...we WILL find them and we will make them wish they were never....oops! Sorry! Don't hesitate to ask anything or simply make a room with a simple..."New here Halp!" and preeeetty sure a valiant soul will pop on in and help get your paws wet with native blood all over again! Welcome Home Ran-san! =3

Hehe, you sound just like your avatar would :p

Ephinea has been around since around August 2015 so it's relatively new, not even hit the 2 year mark yet but it's certainly doing very well for itself!

Welcome :3

I only found one server back when I first tried this (not sure if it's allowed to name em). This time I was gonna go straight for it, but then I figured there might be something new. So I found two others, including this. This one seemed like the better one, based on comments online.

I am also a newbie, but even further new than you. I only heard of the game from how to get a Tails Chao in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, but that was it. That was literally the only reason I was thinking of getting it, but I never really actually gotten a Gamecube copy of Adventure 2 Battle, so that was blasted out of the water.

And then I eventually heard of this server and thought, "So I might as well see how much Blue Burst costs"

lmao, I was shocked when I couldn't find any copies. Then I learned I was a big dumbass and noticed that you could download a client. So I did so. I fell in love with this game quickly ^^;

I wouldn't really be in a position to buy it, so I'm glad it's free :p

Yeah you can name other servers if you really wish, nothing is really banned from discussion unless you're posting stuff that's straight up illegal.

Hehe, you sound just like your avatar would :p
Mmmmhmmmph! That's mew mew! You should see mews other Avatars lol >=3
Oh BTW are your InGame Names "Ran" too???? Need to know who to put on mews "Pounce on Sight" list! =3

Hey! Welcome to the server! If you see @Retty 's toons on, just poke him and he'll give you 5 free TTF carries to get you a boost of exp to start your journey here!

But how would I know? o.o Besides, I'm pretty uhm... socially awkward in-game xD I'm not good at randomly starting conversation with people I don't know, heh.

Mmmmhmmmph! That's mew mew! You should see mews other Avatars lol >=3
Oh BTW are your InGame Names "Ran" too???? Need to know who to put on mews "Pounce on Sight" list! =3

Oh, no, Ran is sort of my "universal nickname", but I'm one of those weirdos that go for "immersion" and that sorta stuff, so I tend to try and give each character its own name that I think would be fitting. Currently I'm on a RAcaseal named Aria. Pretty little light-blue thing, first time using one :p

But how would I know? o.o Besides, I'm pretty uhm... socially awkward in-game xD I'm not good at randomly starting conversation with people I don't know, heh.

Oh, no, Ran is sort of my "universal nickname", but I'm one of those weirdos that go for "immersion" and that sorta stuff, so I tend to try and give each character its own name that I think would be fitting. Currently I'm on a RAcaseal named Aria. Pretty little light-blue thing, first time using one :p
Ariaaaa! Mews seen you before dear! Eeeee! Okies! *stalk mode!* >=3

Welcome to the server! It seems to be a great place! I've been here myself maybe a week. Second private server to play on and by far the best in my opinion, nicely polished without all the old problems from back in the day. Tons of people around and alot of them are nice and willing to help.

I only found one server back when I first tried this (not sure if it's allowed to name em). This time I was gonna go straight for it, but then I figured there might be something new. So I found two others, including this. This one seemed like the better one, based on comments online

Schthack was the biggest server for quite some time, alot of us came from schthack, because it went down for a period including the wipe of everyone's data. Ephinea came into existence during this time (I guess soda had already been working on it but it was prime time to get it out). Ultima opened some years ago while the old schthack (in the later years) was up still.
Then schthack rebooted and started fresh. Eden shut down, so a few of them came here also. Always getting ultima players switch over too...there is another few private servers around but those are mostly few players only. Ephinea is certainly great Imo. Just the fact it works on the nitty gritty stuff for the community (like 'fixing' gallons, red dot and rare jingle, could list lots of who cool stuff) instead of being P2W, loosing all your data and/or stupid custom weps.

Schthack was the biggest server for quite some time, alot of us came from schthack, because it went down for a period including the wipe of everyone's data. Ephinea came into existence during this time (I guess soda had already been working on it but it was prime time to get it out). Ultima opened some years ago while the old schthack (in the later years) was up still.
Then schthack rebooted and started fresh. Eden shut down, so a few of them came here also. Always getting ultima players switch over too...there is another few private servers around but those are mostly few players only. Ephinea is certainly great Imo. Just the fact it works on the nitty gritty stuff for the community (like 'fixing' gallons, red dot and rare jingle, could list lots of who cool stuff) instead of being P2W, loosing all your data and/or stupid custom weps.

Yeah, back then Schthack was the only one I could find. Never heard of Eden, guess I skipped that period. And Ultima is the other one I found this last time when looking for servers. First I found that one, and it seemed better than Schthack so I was ready to go there, but then someone mentioned Ephinea so I did some more research and it seemed even better :p I really don't know much about the details, the things that high level players like or dislike about each server, since I never got there, but I can say at least I was surprised when I saw there were much more people playing over here.

I'm glad this game still has its little community of players that never seems to die out.

Schthack/ultima/ephinea were/are the big 3. Eden was never was never as big but it was a decent server and had good moments. Few others floating about which are dead. I'm not surprised those would be the 3 you hear about.

Man, so much love for this game. I'm happy it's still here too!

Welcome to the server! It seems to be a great place! I've been here myself maybe a week. Second private server to play on and by far the best in my opinion, nicely polished without all the old problems from back in the day. Tons of people around and alot of them are nice and willing to help.
Ah, I love being sent to lobby after quest. Nice feature.

Sarcasm aside, yeah, there are a pretty good amount of nice people. Somehow the proportion of nice to toxic is big enough, I don't really see much toxicity. I never asked for help, so can't really vouch for that.

Feature? o.o Don't you always get sent to the lobby after a quest, in every server? That's how I knew it worked.

Always worked like that in every version of PSO. The only reason it never happened offline in DC/GC/Xbox was because there was no lobby to send you back to, so it remade the room instead.

Back