Sending keypresses via DS4windows

Valkerion

Guildcard
Hi, I've been playing PSO here again for about a week now using DS4windows and dualshock4 controller. For the most part, everything works out, but I have been trying to bind keys 0-9 to extra buttons on the controller, the touchpad, and such. But PSO just ignores it and won't use any skills I have on hotbar.

I have keyboard controls set to ON, skills on my 0-9 keys that work through keyboard presses, and the controller does send the number presses just fine, as if I turn off keyboard controls it will send the numbers into chat. It just won't activate skills... any idea how to fix this?

I also made a macro with DS4windows to type /bank for me from R2, which works for the most part except pso ignores [spacebar] and [enter] keypresses as well.

Make the macro as a "Special action" (if you are not doing it already), and check "Scan code" in the special action edit form.
That works for me.

Ii8VJK2.jpg

Cool, got that all working, but it's led me to a whole lot of other realizations.. When I first started I tried remapping with ds4windows and was having a plethora of issues until I just used the button remapper ingame to fix the square/circle being backwards and start not actually opening the menu, etc. Totally forgot that pso is ignoring ds4windows' controller outputs altogether.. Is that just a symptom of how pso reads controllers? I realized I didn't even need ds4windows running at all for pso to detect my controller properly, seems like it actually just ignores ds4windows as far as controller remap goes.

For me, it grabs the remaps just fine
X and O were swapped in game, I assume sort of like how xbox was swapped compared to snes?? idk.. is the only comparison I could think of.

I have Hide DS4 Controller option enabled if that helks anything, I tried disabling it but a new game launch still picked up the remapped buttons.

Couldn't really get around it, so I looked around and found that just like DS4Tool got discontinued and became DS4Windows, that actually got discontinued and is now InputMapper. Fiddling with the differences for a while and I've got it working with keyboard and controller macros/commands. Just had to note that Inputmapper has no record/save function for macros and all must be made from scratch, command by command, though it works better. For most keyboard functions to work in pso, there needed to be appropriate pauses between keypresses up/down and between commands.

Weird, if that's it, I'd expect something either in their page or in github.
I kinda like DS4W since its open source (and doesn't require to be installed, I hate installers) and doesn't have ads :confused:

I guess I'll look into IM.

Well.. it sucks, back to DS4W.
I guess as long as it works....

Last edited:
Back