Person Joining Crashes Game

SE24

Hi Guys,

Over the last week or so I have noticed that people joining my game crashes the client, this happens approximatly 5 - 10% of the time someone joins a game.

Not noticed it before, but there is definitely a pattern there, curious to seee if anyone else is experiencing this?

Are you sure it's crashing YOUR client? Details pls.

If someone joins, crashes, and doesn't close their client, yours will hang up until they do.

ie: if I join your game, crash/freeze, and then go take a piss and come back and ctrl+alt+del and close it 5 minutes later, your client will freeze for 5 minutes until I do.

Hi falkenjeff,

I've never left it as long as 5 mins before, to see if it comes back to life, so it could be as you suggest above.

Only details I can give is that when the pop-up "xxx is joing the game, please wait a while" it just stays on that screen indefinetely, and freezes. Next time it happens, I will leave it 5 mins, to see if it comes back to life which would suggest it might be the above issue.

Will report back :)

Cheers,

SE

Happened again today, with the 4th player joining casuing the crash. I waited 5 mins to see if it came back after that, but it just stayed frozen on the "xx is joining the game screen", with the music still playing.

I re-logged and spoke to one of the other players, who said that the 4th player joined successfully for them, with no issue. Ie. it was only me that crashed when the 4th joined.

Can confirm. I was in the game with no problems, only SE crashed.

All I can really think of is that packet loss is happening somewhat frequently for you. When that happens during a join it's a prime time for PSO to fuck itself.

Back