Pokemon sun/moon thread

Climbing up the Battle Tree now. Let's hope RNG doesn't royally screw me over ;)

Got my good old lucarionite, gyaradosite, salamencite and choice items. Who's down for battling

My current VGC team (iteration 1):

Crabominable
@Something (Choice Band/Life Orb?).
Anger point
Brave
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Sp. Def
Ice Hammer
Earthquake
Close Combat
Crabhammer

Tapu Bulu
@Terrain Extender/Life Orb/Grassium Z (subject to change)
Grassy Surge
Brave
204 HP/252 ATK/4 Def/44 Sp. Def
Wood Hammer
Stone Edge
Horn Leech
Protect

Celesteela
@Leftovers
Beast Boost
Careful
252 HP/4 ATK/252 Sp. Def
Substitute
Leech Seed
Protect
Heavy Slam

Araquanid
@Assault Vest
Water Bubble
Brave
232 HP/252 ATK/4 Sp.Def/20 Speed
Liquidation
Crunch
Frost Breath
Leech Life

Xurkitree
@Life Orb
Beast Boost
Modest
4 HP/252 Sp. Atk/252 Speed
Tail Glow
Discharge
Dazzling Gleam
Grass Knot

And the one i'm not sure about (because I need a TR setter)

Dhelmise
Steelworker
@Steelium Z
Brave
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Phantom Force
Power Whip
Anchor Shot
Gyro Ball

Current iteration of my VGC 17 team. Thinking about Slowbro for a TR setter. Looking for feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know VGC enough rip. I've really only played singles.

Also if anyone wants to farm some easy BP's, I think this team is pretty good:

Tapu koko
@Choice Specs
Naive
4 Atk/252 Sp. atk/252 Speed
Thunderbolt
Dazzling Gleam
U-turn
Volt Switch

Pheromosa
@Focus Sash
Rash
4 Atk/252 Sp. atk/252 Speed
Hi Jump Kick
Ice Beam
Bug Buzz
Quiver Dance

Salamence
@Salamencite
Jolly
4 Hp/252 Atk/252 Speed
Earthquake
Crunch
Double-Edge
Dragon Claw

Basically Tapu Koko tries to get some fast kills in early because Choice Specs + Electric Terrain + STAB Thunderbolt is massive and 1hko's a lot of pokes. Salamence acts sort of as a pivot, mainly against ground types, and also helps that he can intimidate opponents too. Pheromosa is mainly mixed sweeper.

Tapu Koko has both U-turn and Volt switch in case you can't use volt switch because the opponent has a ground type. Then you can U-turn to a safer switch, usually salamence. There are plenty of moves you can switch around too, like Salamence's Crunch (I barely see the chance to use this) to something like flamethrower or Fireblast (though better to change the nature to Naive or Hasty). You can also replace Pheromosa's Quiver Dance with U-turn to get more momentum, but usually quiver dance + Beast boosts on Sp. Atk means game over.

I managed to get to 50 consecutive wins twice with this, though I usually just stop at 30 and then forfeit to get my daily Bottle Cap.

I spent the last two days breeding for a perfect Salazzle and I got so many perfect male Salandits I want to cry.

I accumulated them through trading and breeding for people

Damn, nice. I used to get BP items in XY ORAS for breeding requests but that fb group kicked me for toxin

Porygon-Z with Z-Conversion has been working wonders for me lately, that thing's been in my party since Gen 4 so nice to see it get a cool upgrade without being locked down to choice scarf. I just wish that shiny No Guard Lycanroc I caught was actually viable outside looking like a boss. Bank update made it so my Mega Charizard Y can finally make his triumphant return, so I'm happy about that at least. I'd go in depth with my team since CFW lets me take screenshots, but 3ds battery is dead right now and sleep is calling my name.

Oh yeah, anything from Gen 1 games worth bringing over? I have the VC releases of all 3 versions but I haven't found any move sets that are particularly great that only exist in that gen.

Back