Quick question - Quick answer

Sorry... its just that on GC it wasnt... so after that experience I tend to ask just to be safe... some drops were online only since single player mode was offline mode

BB has never been offline. The drops have always been the same on all BB servers from what I remember.

This is probably a silly question, but: there isn't a way to multiclient using two characters from the same account, correct? Must be two different accounts?

This is probably a silly question, but: there isn't a way to multiclient using two characters from the same account, correct? Must be two different accounts?

No, one cannot. Must be sep account. if you try to log in same account, it will disconnect the other logged in client.

Do people tend to do this frequently? I imagine it's someone limited in functionality; I can't imagine truly playing two characters at once in PSO. I could sort of do that in FFXI, with two and sometimes even three characters...but that was very different. Having trouble picturing that in PSO; you just drag along a FO for buffs, maybe tagging with debuffs, and perhaps waiting outside the room to revive if needed?

I remember reading at least one person talking about doing this during the summer event, so I've been wondering.

Afaik, quite a few people multiclient for a few reasons. Making games with section ID bots (quicker than reloading and can make for yourself). Hunting pds and mats in monster spam quests. FO buff char. Lobby whoring the same time as ingame purely because lobby > life. so on.

Two clients allows you to bypass most of the poorly thought out QoL issues with this game that the community loves so much - namely secIDs and poor class balance.

You also get ~65% more loot 'solo' than anyone scrubbing it with a single client just by parking an alt in the previous room and occasionally moving them.

TLDR: not using two accounts is sub-optimal.

Last edited:
Having a 2nd account makes it easier to do trades while still in other games with the main account. Can use alt accnt to boost or for ID's. Etc.

Do people tend to do this frequently? I imagine it's someone limited in functionality; I can't imagine truly playing two characters at once in PSO. I could sort of do that in FFXI, with two and sometimes even three characters...but that was very different. Having trouble picturing that in PSO; you just drag along a FO for buffs, maybe tagging with debuffs, and perhaps waiting outside the room to revive if needed?

I remember reading at least one person talking about doing this during the summer event, so I've been wondering.

You can also set up macros for things like Resta. Joy2key has "turbo button" functionality built in. So for harder quests I don't even tag with the FO, I just plop her in the middle of the room and spam Resta.

You also get ~65% more loot 'solo' than anyone scrubbing it with a single client just by parking an alt in the previous room and occasionally moving them.
Wait, you mean because both characters get drops? Wouldn't the alt have to tag everything?

No. As long as they're within a certain radius, they can get drops too. That's how I got a delicious 45h Flowens 3084.

Wait, you mean because both characters get drops? Wouldn't the alt have to tag everything?

If you needed to tag to get drops, then this game would be fucked and no one would play here anymore.

The tryhards would nuke everything and in 4 man parties half the monsters would die before you can tag them.

And forces wouldn't be casting resta anymore, because they'd be too focused on tagging everything and making sure they didn't miss any monsters. (And people would probably stop playing HUcast, and it would be all about the RAmar/RAcast life)

Hello, I would like to know how can I put a skin for my character ? By that I mean i would like my char to get another look
I have downloaded one from here http://universps.online.fr/pso/bb/skin/listeSkin.php5?cat=24#skin_47
.. but it doesn't change anything lol
And btw if you guys know a way to change racast footstep sound that would be very helpful :)
Some of the character skins require you to select a specific outfit in the dressing room, unless the custom file swapped all the character textures.
I see the link is for Elly's skin, I believe you cannot use those in Ephinea, those are used with a command /npc x which is disabled in this server, afaik.

Here is a reply that includes the step sound already changed for the normal steps
https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/racast-feet.2463/#post-25282
Here is sort of guide, doesn't explain very much but gives the info you need to do it yourself, if that's what you want
https://www.pioneer2.net/community/threads/racast-feet.2463/#post-25266
PAC manager can be found here http://psodev.free.fr/

No. As long as they're within a certain radius, they can get drops too. That's how I got a delicious 45h Flowens 3084.
If you needed to tag to get drops, then this game would be fucked and no one would play here anymore.

The tryhards would nuke everything and in 4 man parties half the monsters would die before you can tag them.

And forces wouldn't be casting resta anymore, because they'd be too focused on tagging everything and making sure they didn't miss any monsters. (And people would probably stop playing HUcast, and it would be all about the RAmar/RAcast life)
Well, find me in the Alps. Can't believe I've waited this long to make a FOmarl. I just assumed you needed to tag for drops, since you do for exp. That also explains a few red boxes that dropped during TTF where I thought "Wait, did I shoot that thing?" Like, it wasn't even within loading distance. Makes me wonder how forgiving that radius is.

About the size of ep4 boss area.

If i remember correctly, you could get a drop from shambertin even if youre still deep in the caves part. Its very big

Just to double check (I'm 99% sure anyway):

If enemies kill themselves (Delibiters, Nano Dragons) and no one tags, they still drop items like normal as long as people are in range, right?

That's a pretty interesting question, sadly I don't know the answer (yet?)

If you have a server (source), I'd debug it and see if the client sends a drop request upon mob suicide... otherwise you'd have to go and get lucky (if the monster doesn't have 100 dar).

Back