Laptop FPS

Plaguelight

Is there any way to increase FPS on a laptop with integrated graphics? Overall, the stats should easily be able to run this, but it lags like hell in the lobby AND in the city.

I've tried reducing the resolution down to the lowest one, I've turned graphic settings down to Low End, I've turned off V-sync, playing in windowed...

I've run out of ideas at this point. Can anyone help me out in any way?

Disable advanced effect in options. Solves things on some lappys. It shouldn't technically be a thing but sometimes it is.

Tried running without Windowed mode, feels about the same or worse...

Anyone have any ideas? I feel at a loss here, when it seems like it SHOULD be able to run it better than 15 or lower FPS...

Try running in a compatibility mode? Not sure what would change. I'm also not so sure that turning on low options unchecks advanced effect, though I've never had to use that.

Try running in a compatibility mode? Not sure what would change. I'm also not so sure that turning on low options unchecks advanced effect, though I've never had to use that.
I checked the Advanced settings and it's off. Maybe turning Frame Skip up or something?

What compatibility should I try it on? Already set to XP Service Pack 3 and running as admin...

Not sure to be quite honest, I can suggest only search laptop+lag in the search bar and see what comes back. Laptop hardware seems to hate PSO.

That kind of card isn't really made for gaming sadly

ahh you gave a number earlier, assumed you had a counter.
Was gonna suggest turning frame skip off since that changes the fps limit of the game.

Hey ! Which i3 you got ? i might help you to get the latest drivers, or just download intel updae drivers utility

I'm on i7 4700 mq and i've got HD intel 4600 graphics, actually pso is performing quite well. since it's an old game it doesn't require much, so you should be good too if your cpu isn't that old
Try to get your drivers up to date, and go in intel graphics panel ( right click in desktop)
in 3D put "performance" in general settings,
and in supply set it to "maximum performance"
the same in windows, set your laptop to "maximum performance" (when you click on the battery in the quick icon in right bottom you can change it there)

you should be good with that if you haven't done it already, otherwise you'll have to look in how to change some texture and stuff to get pso in an ugly mod but lagfree

Back