Yu-Gi-Oh/Other Card Games

Lolichan

Shifta and Deband slave for hire
Guildcard
I had enjoyed a lot of card games when I was younger but none of them could compare to my love for Yu-Gi-Oh. I collected cards, watched the anime and even bought some of the online games which I still regret to this very day, but when my Xbox got trashed and I ended up getting a computer, I played on Dueling Network for about a year. I have started to fade away from the game, but still play it with one of the new online applications for it. I've also started to dwell into Mtg and It's getting close to being my new favorite card game, but I'm still new and haven't been playing against any other decks outside of my group.

I played early(mrd->lon) yugioh when the power creep was so blatant that it was just "why am I playing this awful game". Deck building was uninteresting it felt like "put your best 40 cards in a stack."

I do prefer magic though I`ve been playing it on and off since invasion. barely touched it the last few years though.

seriously, fuck mechanical chaser or whatever the fuck it was called

Last edited:
I played early(mrd->lon) yugioh when the power creep was so blatant that it was just "why am I playing this awful game".

I do prefer magic though I`ve been playing it on and off since invasion. barely touched it the last few years though.

seriously, fuck mechanical chaser or whatever the fuck it was called
I'm new to the game and started playing when the Eldrazi got their first cards. Also this card?
819378.jpg

yeah that fucking asshole it was like "okay guys 1800 4 star is the standard" then THAT FUCKER CAME OUT AND IT WAS LIKE "HEY GUYS I AM STRICTLY BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE OH AND BY THE WAY I`M LIKE A PROMO OR SOME SHIT AND COST $50 EACH"
thats when I realized konami was retarded and jumped ship shortly after.

yeah that fucking asshole it was like "okay guys 1800 4 star is the standard" then THAT FUCKER CAME OUT AND IT WAS LIKE "HEY GUYS I AM STRICTLY BETTER THAN EVERYONE ELSE OH AND BY THE WAY I`M LIKE A PROMO OR SOME SHIT AND COST $50 EACH"
thats when I realized konami was retarded and jumped ship shortly after.
What about fortress whale being 200$

Played MtG quite a bit when I was around 12-18 years old, mostly on the Revised, Fourth and Fifth editions. Was fun for a while but then most the people I was playing with started doing stuff like buying entire boxes, even 2 or 3 at once sometimes. Needless to say that since I didn't want to invest that much money on freakin cards, I got left behind very quickly. And forget about trying to convince them to use some more "average" cards after all the money they invested to get the OP decks they had. So I stopped playing at the end of the 5th edit when the "Mirage" and "Visions" exp were still sold in stores. A few years later I was a bit curious about Yugi Oh because a friend of mine had one of the GBA games. I bought the game too but got bored very quickly. Maybe it got better with time but for me it just wasn't as interesting as MtG when it comes to strategy and deck builds. Tho I think MtG got simplified a lot after I quit playing it. I remember some of the early rules were considered too hard to understand for the more casual players. I admit some stuff like the "Banding" ability was a bit confusing at first.

I used to play Yu-Gi-OH when I was in 7th grade (14 years ago)

My favorite card has always been the Shadow Ghoul (I specifically built my deck around it's special ability and it surprisingly worked well most of the time)

Attachments

• s-l1000.jpg
    s-l1000.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 53
I used to play Yu-Gi-OH when I was in 7th grade (14 years ago)

My favorite card has always been the Shadow Ghoul (I specifically built my deck around it's special ability and it surprisingly worked well most of the time)
latest

I had enjoyed a lot of card games when I was younger but none of them could compare to my love for Yu-Gi-Oh. I collected cards, watched the anime and even bought some of the online games which I still regret to this very day, but when my Xbox got trashed and I ended up getting a computer, I played on Dueling Network for about a year. I have started to fade away from the game, but still play it with one of the new online applications for it. I've also started to dwell into Mtg and It's getting close to being my new favorite card game, but I'm still new and haven't been playing against any other decks outside of my group.
Did you know about this? :3

I'm a bit late to this discussion but used to love Yu-Gi-Oh! anyomore though it has started to suck. I remember early building with what ever I could. Dark Magician was fun once the spellcaster deck hit. I tried playing it in college but it never really stuck with me. It is very pay to win but there were still a few budget decks worth using. Anymore I just play it on my DS because it was back before shit hit the fan. Syncro and xyz ruined the game in my opinion. Motorcycles ruined the anime :).

Back