Quick question - Quick answer

Yeah but usually to my memory its ID specific...unless vanilla is different. I've been playing private servers too long.

The box drops are on the drop chart too... Just click the "Boxes" link at the top of the section ID page.

Ah fair enough lol. I only quickly scanned the charts before making ID's. Thanks.

Noblewine said:
Does sidestory quest(s) become playable again after I beat the final chapter of ep1?
After you've beaten all of the offline quests, you can replay them. You'll need to complete the first one or two Ruins Government quests to unlock all of them.

Normal/Hard should drop 1 prize, Very Hard/Ultimate should drop 2 prizes.
Anyone else gettin an asston of lag? only happening on server.
Depends what you mean by lag. I get a lot of lag compared to other servers I've played on (as in, item generation, pickup delays, chat bubble pop-ups), but this doesn't make the game unplayable and it's only because of distance to server. Damage Cancel is also a huge problem from Europe. :(

I've a few spikes but they're few and far between. If you're getting them constantly or extremely heavy delays, it's something on your end.

Colette said:
Anyone else gettin an asston of lag? only happening on server.

I can't say that I've really noticed a lot of lag. Not sure if it's something that's been happening lately, but I've noticed very funky things happening here and there when playing with other people (i.e. Dragon flying up in the air, then just falling through the ground before appearing back in the air).

The Dragon (and all bosses) are actually 100% controlled by the room's leader.

If the leader has a laggy connection to the server, you will all experience lag when fighting the boss.

Colette said:
Where should I hunt the barrier for amp of red?
What Section ID are you?

falkenjeff said:
Dangerous Deal with Black Paper 2:

Do a certain number of items drop from each mode?

eg: normal: 1 prize, hard: 2 prizes, etc?
No. One prize only on all difficulties.

I've read through a few guides and such that say that weapons with the Berserk status, and weapons such as the M&A60 Vise are considered good. I'm level 68 and when I use the M&A60 Vise on my RAcast it comes close to killing me if most if the shots land. Is there something I'm missing here? The only thing I can think of is it does a set amount of self damage, and that at lower HP levels it isn't worth it.

OldSchoolRPGs said:
I've read through a few guides and such that say that weapons with the Berserk status, and weapons such as the M&A60 Vise are considered good. I'm level 68 and when I use the M&A60 Vise on my RAcast it comes close to killing me if most if the shots land. Is there something I'm missing here? The only thing I can think of is it does a set amount of damage, and that at lower HP levels it isn't worth it.

I'm a bit rusty with the Berserk special myself, and I don't recall using it myself since it is quite risky, but I'd say that Berserk weapons are very situational. I would basically use Berserk weapons if I am able to attack while bosses leave themselves open (i.e. Dragon after the roar, inbetween De Rol Le tentacle attacks, Vol Opt charging its stomp) or if you are able to crowd control effectively in your case using traps. If you aren't feeling comfortable with Berserk, Charge is the other alternative, or if you are not an Android, the Spirit special (I think that's it? The one that sacrifices TP).

OldSchoolRPGs said:
I've read through a few guides and such that say that weapons with the Berserk status, and weapons such as the M&A60 Vise are considered good. I'm level 68 and when I use the M&A60 Vise on my RAcast it comes close to killing me if most if the shots land. Is there something I'm missing here? The only thing I can think of is it does a set amount of self damage, and that at lower HP levels it isn't worth it.
Each HIT Consumes 25% of you CURRENT HP. This means that if you hit an enemy with all of the shots in a S-S-S combo with M&A60s that it will damage you 9 times.

Link1275 said:
Each HIT Consumes 25% of you CURRENT HP. This means that if you hit an enemy with all of the shots in a S-S-S combo with M&A60s that it will damage you 9 times.

That doesn't sound like a useful ability IMO. In this thread about best weapons for each class for example: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=394 it says:

-S Rank Needles- Bread and butter of your weaponry. Popular specials include: Berserk, Spirit, Hell, Zalure, Demons, and Arrest.

Unless I planned on never getting hit (good luck with that) then I don't see how that would be a good ability to have.

Berserk is considered useful because it is unlimited. Since you lose 25% of your current HP with each hit and PSO loves doing integer calculations, your HP will drop until you reach 3 HP, at which point your HP will stop decreasing, but Berserk will keep working. Unlike Charge (where you can run out of Meseta) or Spirit (where your TP drops below a point where you can't sacrifice it anymore), Berserk allows you to sacrifice that 3 HP forever without losing any more HP, which gives you free boosted damage forever (unless you use a weapon such as Soul Eater that drains your HP when you walk, in which case your HP will drop from 3 to 2, and then Berserk will stop working).

OldSchoolRPGs said:
Unless I planned on never getting hit (good luck with that) then I don't see how that would be a good ability to have.
That's exactly what you do, especially when you have traps. Once you level up enough to make Ultimate easy, the extra damage from Berserk allows you to destroy everything and thus never get hit, provided you use Freeze Traps to ensure that your attacks always land and the stronger enemies can't retaliate. It's still harder to use Berserk effectively than it is to use Charge, since spending Meseta doesn't put you in any danger at all. As such, Charge is more popular, but you can't add it to S-Ranks.

Aleron Ives said:
Berserk is considered useful because it is unlimited. Since you lose 25% of your current HP with each hit and PSO loves doing integer calculations, your HP will drop until you reach 3 HP, at which point your HP will stop decreasing, but Berserk will keep working. Unlike Charge (where you can run out of Meseta) or Spirit (where your TP drops below a point where you can't sacrifice it anymore), Berserk allows you to sacrifice that 3 HP forever without losing any more HP, which gives you free boosted damage forever (unless you use a weapon such as Soul Eater that drains your HP when you walk, in which case your HP will drop from 3 to 2, and then Berserk will stop working).

OldSchoolRPGs said:
That's exactly what you do, especially when you have traps. Once you level up enough to make Ultimate easy, the extra damage from Berserk allows you to destroy everything and thus never get hit, provided you use Freeze Traps to ensure that your attacks always land and the stronger enemies can't retaliate. It's still harder to use Berserk effectively than it is to use Charge, since spending Meseta doesn't put you in any danger at all. As such, Charge is more popular, but you can't add it to S-Ranks.

Ah alright, that makes sense. I didn't know it couldn't kill you. I can see what you're saying about using it when you're fully leveled. Also didn't know you couldn't put Charge on S-Ranks. Thanks for the answers everyone.

Matt said:
Depends what you mean by lag. I get a lot of lag compared to other servers I've played on (as in, item generation, pickup delays, chat bubble pop-ups), but this doesn't make the game unplayable and it's only because of distance to server. Damage Cancel is also a huge problem from Europe. :(
We will have a Europe ship soon, stay tuned.

falkenjeff said:
NDW said:
Colette said:
Where should I hunt the barrier for amp of red?
What Section ID are you?

falkenjeff said:
Dangerous Deal with Black Paper 2:

Do a certain number of items drop from each mode?

eg: normal: 1 prize, hard: 2 prizes, etc?
No. One prize only on all difficulties.

Are you 100% sure? I did some more Googling, and very hard/ult ARE supposed to drop 2 prizes on other servers. With SEGA being long dead though, and the forum posts being old, you never know if they're talking about SEGA, Schthack, or some other server.
I'm sorry. You are correct.

Normal and Hard give 1 prize.

Very Hard and Ultimate give 2 prizes.

Back