New game changer for all you fans that like 60fps+ for PSO

Some additional context, this program uses frame Interpolation in real-time and does not hook or interact with the game whatsoever. (aside from reading the window position) there is no risk of game logic getting messed up by using it. it simply overlays a video on top of the game then generates frames in between.

There's a program on steam that can boost your gaming experience on classic PSO to 60fps. It's called Lossless Scaling https://store.steampowered.com/app/993090/Lossless_Scaling/

My friend and I have been testing it. Looks great for PSO. It's a great game changer who likes that sort of thing.
I had a friend post a video of him testing it. Hope you enjoy it. It's on RealTime as well.

Hey this looks fantastic! Can you tell me which settings you used here? I just downloaded this program in Steam. How do you set it up?

1711930685885.png
i recommend these settings for 2160P or 1080P, if your on 1440p i would change scaling mode to custom and use a scale factor of 1.33 and resize before scaling. also make sure PSO is running in windowed mode or borderless window. p.s. make sure lossless is running as admin or else it wont be able to read PSO's window positions and thus not work.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help! It worked out and looks fantastic! :D

Can you also tell me how you capture this on video? I use the Buffer function in OBS Studio, but the framerate keeps at 30fps.

Thanks for the help! It worked out and looks fantastic! :D

Can you also tell me how you capture this on video? I use the Buffer function in OBS Studio, but the framerate keeps at 30fps.
currently when using the DXGI capture API obs and many other recording software is unable to see the lossless overlay. you can change the capture API to WGC to record/stream. WGC has some trouble with frame pacing so it will stutter a bit more then DXGI would however

currently when using the DXGI capture API obs and many other recording software is unable to see the lossless overlay. you can change the capture API to WGC to record/stream. WGC has some trouble with frame pacing so it will stutter a bit more then DXGI would however
Ok thx I tried WGC now and it's way worse than DXGI. It's only a very slight difference to normal 30fps gameplay.
I wonder then how they did record the video above? Because this video runs very clearly at 60fps.

I recorded that video in WGC with vsync set to 1/4 refresh. i'm on a 240hz monitor so that basically means 60Hz vsync. WGC willl need vsync to be at double the games frame rate unlike DXGI where vsync can be skipped if needed

eh, tried it then requested a refund after about 10 minutes of testing. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I found how text and the game in general would warp around all the time to be pretty unusable. Maybe if they implement FSR 3.0 frame generation then I'll revisit it but until then it's a gimmick as far as I'm concern, even after trying it out in the suggested settings.

I recorded that video in WGC with vsync set to 1/4 refresh. i'm on a 240hz monitor so that basically means 60Hz vsync. WGC willl need vsync to be at double the games frame rate unlike DXGI where vsync can be skipped if needed
Ok gotcha, I guess recording will be kept to 30fps then, that's fine.

But this runs unbelievably smooth otherwise and I just love how this game looks in 60fps now, thanks a million for this forum post, this is a godsend! :D

NVIDIA Frame generation works a lot better for me than the AMD FSR, but I'm also running a 4070. Something to note if you have a 40 series card

NVIDIA Frame generation works a lot better for me than the AMD FSR, but I'm also running a 4070. Something to note if you have a 40 series card
Yeah, DLSS 3 and FSR 3 will always work better because they have more information to work with. LSFG unfortunately only gets information from what it can see so its more prone to artifacting, warping etc. especially at lower framerates. i still find LSFG impressive what it can do considering it has only been out since January

Back