About Mag breeders

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently started this game and bought a mag from one of the Mag sellers. And then, I heard that those sellers are using macros to bleed like 10 - 20 mags at the same time. I personally think that this is extremely unfair. Some people like me who do not have macro keyboards cannot even do this. This is a real life investment which is pretty much the same as RMT. When I heard about this, I really felt regretful that I purchased a mag from them.

I really think Ephinea should be the dealer for mags. For instance, players can buy mags in a quest instance for PDs or PCs or whatever. This way, things work fair to everyone. If they want to use scripts for their mags, they can still do, but all others can simply buy them from NPC.

What you're suggesting is not reasonable because we already have enough PD sinks in the base game. The server does not need another one. Mag feed scripts being allowed is only unfair to you if you are computer illiterate. This is because you don't need a macro keyboard to run autohotkey to feed a mag. Not to mention there is no feasible way to prove that mag was raised by hand or bought from an NPC shop rather than AHK.
I really don't think this topic needed to have been made.

Last edited:
if i can recommend,
before reporting anything that may work differently, if you are a newcomer just spend some time on the server.

raising mags is at the same time a business and a server service, it requires time and dedication (and obviously meseta)

also i can assure you that mag breeders (like beev) will gladly advising you about how to grow a mag by yourself if you have any question.

i think atm you are just misjudging the mag sellers dynamic

take it easy and enjoy ephinea!

cheers!

This particular subject HAS been brought up time and again! It's even chased off some of our moar Devout and enamored players who were MAG Breeders. Others have run off screaming naked into the night from the ugly word "macros" this and "unfair" that! YES, there is an art and feeling of genuine Pride in hand raising a Mag for adoption for this warm community. So anyone using some "tool" would naturally be scorned by someone putting their hearts and souls into a build! Does the quality of the Mag suffer? No. Players in need get a critical game component and someone makes a few PDs in a high demand market. BECAUSE some of our moar devoted Mag breeders have moved on or lost interest....mew was ready to post her Own "CALL OUT for MAG BREEDERS!" thread! Team MAG DAYCARE was one of our moar Beloved members. Even our own prominent resident CWoodies is a bit scarce lately =(. Right now our tribesman "a lost mag" has taken up the brunt of the vacuum and prolly going nuts keeping up with demands! Is using macros fair to those not using it? No. Can we shun ppl for simply using a 'publicly avail tool'? No. Purrsonally, mew would rather spend her hard earned PDs on a hand raised Mag over a tool generated one! Why? Because that player worked 'harder' to raise said Mag? Maybe~! Macros generated Mags don't deserve Any Less love either! Just sayin'! Anyway.... WE NEED MOAR MAG BREEDERS dammit~! *Hops off her Soap box and returns to the shadows!* =n.n=

The price inflation that is being caused by people who are piling up tons of PDs because they don't have anything worth Sphereing beyond what they've already Sphered is a clear indicator that we need more PD sinks, not less. Although I don't think a Mag Dispenser would solve it.

At this point the only people who don't start off a new char twinked are new players and even then half of them are knowledgable from the past and remember the torment of feeding a mag. It's so long and arduous sometimes and it doesn't affect the endgame too much (my point being if your twinked or not that starting Ult you'll be weak until you level more and get better gear anyway). The only thing having a mag does outside of maxing your stats is to help the early levels go faster. The only downside to that is if your a completely new player its good to experience the game properly instead of rushing and not learning basic mechanics, but that's down to player; mag or not. Having mag breeders with AHK just makes more mags available easier, and it helps the constant influx of people with no mags to be able to have a mag and cheaper because of it.

Last edited:
Sorry, mag breeding is one of the things that helps keeps the game alive...the day mags become purchasable via NPC (i know it wont happen) happens, we would be one step closer to a dead server. Its a nice idea, with too many drawbacks imo...if anything this would HEAVILY devalue mags in general.

This is honestly the first time ive heard anyone, literally, have an issue with mag breeding scrips being utilized (which is kinda redundant since its not against the rules of the server and all the scrips are widely available for anyone and everyone to use). Ive tried doing it before, and big NOPE, i just dont have the patience nor the will to raise my own mag...if anything we need more heroes like @beev, be glad he is one of the very few active breeders on the server.

Last edited:
Well. I found this server with some nostalgic feelings but I feel now being pushed out with all these comments. Before losing my good memories for this game, I will just leave. Thanks all.
Not a single person in this thread attacked you for having an issue with this. You suggested macro keyboards, a monetary investment, were necessary to automatically feed mags, were (politely) corrected, then got upset about it. I assumed this was a genuine issue you were having, but you're making it look more like a bad attempt at causing a rift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back