Is PSO old to you? (Sandbox mode added!)

if you select a quest that is not unlocked you get the message 'the party no longer qualifies to start this quest, it failed downloading please try later'

Also, what happened to elly in episode 2? She proclaims to be NOL and talks jibberish, was this some old aprilfools as im sure this wasn't vanilla Elly.
I'll disable the qualification check for sandbox in a future maintenance.

Also, that is indeed Nol and not Elly. That bad dialog was actually present in the official server as well. (Though, perhaps, we should change it.)

I'll disable the qualification check for sandbox in a future maintenance.

Thank you! This makes Sandbox mode perfect! It happens for seat of the heart too.

Also, that is indeed Nol and not Elly. That bad dialog was actually present in the official server as well. (Though, perhaps, we should change it.)

Hm, so it turns out if you play Journalistic pursuit in ep1 NOL gives you a different greeting 'Hi I'm Nol' rather than the long dialogue and probably why I never saw it before, the Japanese version, (on iYo server at least) NOL has a coherent dialogue about being a journalist before getting recruited at the lab, its as if they put it though old school babelfish translate and forgot to check it.

Amazing. always something new to learn in PSO

The latest (?) update kicks me when using 1 hit KO, also when warping without using the /warp command.
The client force closes.

any ideas?

Thank you for removing the quest qualification check, seat of the heart still requires some episode 2 progression flag it seems but the government quests are all accessible so thanks for that its great

The latest (?) update kicks me when using 1 hit KO, also when warping without using the /warp command.
The client force closes.

any ideas?
Actually, these results aren't from the latest update. This has been the case for quite a while.

The anti-warp and other stuff force closes when you memory edit the client to do the things you want. It is part of the anti-tamper code. So, just use the server commands to warp around.

We didn't make a OHKO server command, at least I don't think I enabled it for the public, but maybe I will for Sandbox mode later.

Also, regarding the Seat of the Heart progression flag above, that is also normal as the quest itself is looking for data in your character that doesn't exist yet. Unlikely we'd modify Seat of the Heart just for sandbox users.

Also, regarding the Seat of the Heart progression flag above, that is also normal as the quest itself is looking for data in your character that doesn't exist yet. Unlikely we'd modify Seat of the Heart just for sandbox users.
Okay thank you for clarifying, sandbox is much better now all quests are unlocked so thanks for that

Although most hacking still isn't allowed, we allow some cheats in Sandbox mode.
However, the hacks we do allow in Sandbox mode are:

- Setting Telepipes anywhere
- Bypassing pre-requisities to use an item
- One Hit Kills

GOE, pipe anywhere, OHKO also all force close, I guess the rules have changed since sandbox was created due to bad guys unfortunately.

Thanks again anyway

GOE, pipe anywhere, OHKO also all force close, I guess the rules have changed since sandbox was created due to bad guys unfortunately.

Thanks again anyway
Yeah, that post is like 4 years old. Those stopped being able to be used once the client was patched to add anti-tamper for the main game.

BUT, I might look into sending some different itempmt data for Sandbox accounts which could enable GOE and also adding a new command for OHKO. We will see! Stay tuned.

Besides thanking you for the Sandbox feature,i would like to propose a way to unlock the combos of the several weapons they are.
Tbh,i would prefer it to GOE but if it can/should not be done,so it be.

First of all, I would like to thank you all for making and maintaining this server and the tools.
As someone who did put lots of hours in trying to make a server for another game, I can totally understand the efforts accomplished and am much appreciative.

I have been going back to my DreamCast and Xbox, taking notes and recreating my characters and their gear, all thanks to the sandbox mode of Ephinea.

However, I stumbled on a problem with one of my RAcaseals. SEGA decided to make the CHAIN SAWD unequippable to them. The whole character, her name, her color, her ID, her mags, are all built around using that weapon.

Since the client closes when CE is running, I have no choice but to ask for help. Is there any way to make the weapon equippable again?

@Saffaya First of all, this is not exactly the right thread to be asking this question. Nonetheless, I will answer your question as best as I can. Simply put, Chain Sawd is not equippable on RAcl, at least in BB (I'm not 100% sure about earlier revisions, but I would assume it's the same). Why would you build your character around something that it can't equip?

@Saffaya First of all, this is not exactly the right thread to be asking this question. Nonetheless, I will answer your question as best as I can. Simply put, Chain Sawd is not equippable on RAcl, at least in BB (I'm not 100% sure about earlier revisions, but I would assume it's the same). Why would you build your character around something that it can't equip?

First of all, this is exactly the right place for them to be asking this question. Simply put, Saffaya’s question is in regard to Sandbox mode—more specifically, the availability of GOE (god of equip), which lets any character equip any item, regardless of restrictions. GOE used to be available, but was disabled in an update. Soda’s last post indicated that it may be re-enabled. That’s why Saffaya is asking.

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, don’t talk out of your ass

I am recreating my original characters as they were designed when playing DreamCast PSO v.1 almost 20 years ago.

If you have any doubts, you can check on http://www.pso-world.com/items.php, select class RAcaseal then select Version 2 in the combo-box and you will see that CHAIN SAWD is properly listed.

@Saffaya I don't know anything about GOE, but in some of my experimentation while writing addons a little while back, I did find a way to make the game run while using CE. However, I don't know what the current policies are regarding actively using CE while playing sandbox, nor do I know whether the mods would want me to share that information. For all I know, I may have said too much already.

If you think it might be helpful, you can PM me for details. However, I think it would also be a good idea to get confirmation from the mods regarding whether they'd consider this to be an acceptable workaround.

- Casting any technique
Does this mean I can use hacks to let any class use another class their weapons, so like a FORCE using a Katana?
I kinda wanna play through the game, and have 1 character that doesn't have any class restrictions for using certain weapons, and be able to use techniques aswell.

Does this mean I can use hacks to let any class use another class their weapons, so like a FORCE using a Katana?
I kinda wanna play through the game, and have 1 character that doesn't have any class restrictions for using certain weapons, and be able to use techniques aswell.
I've been wondering this as well. Been wanting to make a sandbox character to use some certain item combinations on characters. So hearing more about any progress of GOE for sandbox would be cool.

I've been wondering this as well. Been wanting to make a sandbox character to use some certain item combinations on characters. So hearing more about any progress of GOE for sandbox would be cool.
As also stated, most hacks are not allowed. However, the hacks we do allow in Sandbox mode are:

Character type counts as a "prerequisite" to use an item, so yes, it's fine.

That added functionality never existed. Soda was thinking about adding it 3 years(!) ago but never did. You'd need an outside hack to do so, correct.

Back