A>Excalibur 0/0/0/25/[65] DONE @4821

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is hella bad faith to award someone CHB and then 4 hours later hand a buyout to a different user without a warning or head's up
Just to respond to this, afaik Current's latest bid was never made CHB, I was CHB for 24h before the auction ended.

Yea but there is no reason to think it wouldn’t get chb. The CR was accepted in a previous bid. Even without the sof it would have been higher.

Should he have bid earlier? Sure probably. But this is a pretty unique auction, he deserved a chance to adjust the bid IMO.

Last edited:
And the auction is over! VENOM wins congrats.

EDIT* I felt that VENOM had reached the buyout amount, therefore I didn't feel it necessary to continue the auction, to just refuse any additional bids. I hope people understand where I'm coming from here as the winning bid was the one I was looking for and I am happy to accept.
Ultimately auctioneer's discretion in this instance. See above quote.

Last edited:
Ultimately auctioneer's discretion in this instant. See above quote.
I mean the time expiring is one thing, but to call a non-existent buyout mid auction would definitely be against the rules I’d imagine. If the shoe was on the other foot, you biding with what you thought was chb and then someone saying.. nah this other guy hit buyout. You would probably feel slighted. It certainly wouldn’t sit right with me.

'auctioneer's discretion' doesn't cover causing your bidders to bid against themselves due to your own choices and that is essentially what happened to venom here.

There is no way to spin this so that the people who bid in this auction weren't screwed. Anyone who bid here after the CR was introduced and accepted at 750 has reason to feel slighted by dankies.

Last edited:
With all the auctions that have gone badly in recent times maybe its time to involve third parties to lead auctions. Been way to many ones that have gone tits up.

It’s overwhelming when a new player auctions something like this. I’m sure dankies had a million PMs, difficulty price checking, etc.

Auctions are not perfect, but at least they are a whole lot better than they used to be.

This auction was handled very poorly and reminds me of when I didn't get a chance to counter bid 100h DF. While amon and venom outbid me fairly and surpassed what I was willing to pay for this, amon was not given the chance to counter bid Venom in a reasonable time frame. I would also argue that amon offered better quality items whereas Venom offered quantity, but as Matt warned me during DF auction, I can't influence buyer's opinions during auction so I refrained on commenting about that. There should be a rule here to prevent this kind of bs though, something along the lines of 1) State a buyout at the start of auction or 2) If you feel buyout has been reached and are tired of waiting, have the decency to tell everyone that has bid on said auction to have the opportunity to bid one last final time and then depending on Max bid, accept that. The only thing that is comforting about this auction is that two friends didn't clear out their entire bank to get this one item, but amon was probably willing to pay more for this and didn't mind paying more, so in that regard I feel bad for him. Cgs to Venom for winning, it's unfortunate that seller was negligent about their auction but it is what it is.

Do we know that current didn’t have a chance to respond? dankies posted that currents bid was not CHB and offered to chat with him/her over DM about an alternate.

5 hours later the auction was called in venoms favor.

I assume in those 5 hours current and dankies talked and current could not come up with a better bid.

I don’t think it’s right to blast the seller here without knowing all the facts.

Additionally, a seller can call buy out whenever they want, as noted by Matt in previous scenarios. A bidder is not entitled to the opportunity to counterbid if buy out is determined.

Not trying to stir the pot up more, but the auction post clearly states that they are a relatively new player. They just wanted to sell their item and they tried their hardest to do it well. I feel like @dankies is receiving a lot of unnecessary negativity. They tried to be polite and courteous and that's all that matters.

This is some spicy content worth reading later. I just got off work need sleep. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back