Choosing RGB Values for Hair Color

brionac

Alolan Fox
This is a basic guide on choosing a hair color for non-Cast characters where you the exact color that can be verified using a website like this one here.

Before starting, please make sure that you don't select Recreate on your character because I feel that warning should be said here. If you don't have the dressing room, sandbox mode is a safer choice if you have that option available. Anyways, let's get started!

@Ender has an addon where you can see what the RGB values are in the Dressing Room, or Character Creation Room, so install that beforehand.

After handling those two things, select a character slot to either make a new character or have that character go to the dressing room. Once at the hair selection menu, press the ` key, which is next to (look left of) the #1 key on the top row of most keyboards, to make sure that the main menu for the addons are showing up in order to select "Dressing Room Hair Color" to see a small window with the RGB values.

Finally, you'll be able to modify the colors as usual, but you will now see what the RGB values are with the addon window guiding you on what color you want after looking at the RGB values from that website that I mentioned above, so modify them as desired.

I'll leave some more tips here that can make this part of the process simpler if you have some distractions like a controller that makes it seem impossible to get the right number.
  • If you're using a controller, have the active window be something else besides the game that isn't blocking the addon from plain view since that has helped me modify the RGB values correctly by moving one point at a time. Some controllers scroll past the RGB value on the addon too fast, so that's one way I have found to slow it down to a more bearable sensitivity.
  • If you have the name of a color that you want, or if you want some ideas on what colors look nice, you can see this link with lists of colors for future reference.
  • If you want to keep a reference for later, snipping is an easy option, but you can still use the addon to scan a character's hair color while the character is logged in or at the character selection screen right after logging in while inspecting each character up and down the four character slots being shown.
Anyways, here are a few recent colors that I have done where I put the RGB values in the title of each image thanks to the addon giving me some insight on how to get these colors for example.

Last edited:
Is there something I'm missing? It's just hair colour, can't you just mess about until you find something that you think looks nice?

I did forget to add that if you want to find a specific color, this website that I mentioned in the post can help you by offering some lists of them.

Let me link that in my initial post up there somewhere relevant like the tips list in the bullet points section. Done.

Last edited:
Heh, all we need now is a proportion measuring addon, and that will be the next level of character creation.

We already have Section ID calculators too, so what else can vary so much besides those three parts of character creation?

1. Hair Color (Non-Casts)
2. Proportions
3. Names

Heh, all we need now is a proportion measuring addon, and that will be the next level of character creation.

We already have Section ID calculators too, so what else can vary so much besides those three parts of character creation?

1. Hair Color (Non-Casts)
2. Proportions
3. Names
Even for Casts there are different combinations of heads and costume colors. I only just realized there's a version of HUcaseal which has blonde hair with dark skin.

Even for Casts there are different combinations of heads and costume colors. I only just realized there's a version of HUcaseal which has blonde hair with dark skin.

Yes, my idea is that proportions aren't easily quantifiable right now, but everything else is now that I look back at the character creation process. So I ignored hair/head, body/costume, and skin tone selections because there are not that many choices when compared to the wide variety of names, proportions, and hair colors. Before you know it, I might start posting character creation recipes for fun.

Last edited:
Back