Im worried about the future of this server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont want to be negative, and its not like Ive spent a thousand on hours in this server (been off for so many years), also neither I known what I was doing most of the time when playing.

But being honest Im scared of this being closed after the air of PSO2, or just people quitting playing.

So I just wanted to know if the server will still going if people still play, if theres gonna be an special event before closing, or something.

Lol PSO has survived like what?...the release of 5 or more phantasy star games including PSO2s original release? It's not going anywhere. It survives because its unique in the series, there's more PSU/PSP2 styled games in the series than the original now.

You got a point there, I didnt know about PSU/PSP2 tbh. I guess it will last for so many years, as long people still play. At least I got something good from my worries, and Im gonna get back into the game, at least as much as I can.

PSO2 has been out since 2012 and the server is fine.

The only notable harm done to this server in recent history is Elite players cheating or using sketchy addons and getting banned. Lots of Shops and Services run by those players were shut down causing a spike in prices of those items and services, but they did that to themselves and the economy, not PSO2. Just the other day we had 115 players online at the same time.

I've been playing PSO2 since it's JP release date. When I feel Burnt out on PSO2, I play Ephinea PSOBB, and vice versa. I've reached level 200 and have multiple alts on PSOBB at at least 140 or higher since december 2018 when I started here. On PSO2 I have all classes to at least 75, and several 90's.

Overall by playing both games my enjoyment has increased. I actually found Ephinea because I was getting burnt out on PSO2. So I wouldn't worry about Ephinea. If anything, players that get burnt out on PSO2 that didn't know about Ephinea may come here in their down time or play in between Emergency Quests. We might see an increase in traffic/population thanks to PSO2 NA.

Last edited:
i Defanitly agree with Wil i mean PSO2 if you havent played it at all yet is far diffrent from PSOBB i for one will play a bit of both but ill never perma quit psobb especialy not for PSO2 witch is far more based around questing in a MMO sense then action rpg combat like psobb is PSO has been around for 20 years for a reason and a 7 year old jap game that has had an english patch for 6 and a half years is not gona be the game to take PSOBB out lol

Reactions: Wil
EVERY' purrson on this server who's played PSO2 All came running back saying the SAME' thing.... "It just doesn't have the same CHARM as the Original!". So its safe to say as long as the server gods remain passionate...WE will remain as Devout and Loyal~! Purrsonally, PSO2 has the One thing we most desperately need here...... "BOUNCING BOOBIIIES!~!" XD! Bouncing hair...bouncing pom pom hats...but no SEGA DOA fighting girly dynamics?? SRSLY?? *looks down at her pixelated chest and hops up and down....* BOUNCE DAMN YOUuuu! =u.u=

I dont want to be negative, and its not like Ive spent a thousand on hours in this server (been off for so many years), also neither I known what I was doing most of the time when playing.

But being honest Im scared of this being closed after the air of PSO2, or just people quitting playing.

So I just wanted to know if the server will still going if people still play, if theres gonna be an special event before closing, or something.

Do you ever think of the opposite? Where western release of PSO2 has potential to (re-)introduce people into the older PSO games such as this server and many others? How about those who would try western PSO2 only then to be disappointed and go back to the old PSO? If anything, the more players learning about the series, the better.

And if this server will ever go down, there'll be new ones to take over because there are software you can already download and setup your very own server. (Link)

If you saw SEA PSO2 you wouldn't be worried, nor would you be surprised why lots of us who have played JP PSO2 for the past 8 years will not be going to NA PSO2.

PSO2 has been out since 2012 and the server is fine.

The only notable harm done to this server in recent history is Elite players cheating or using sketchy addons and getting banned. Lots of Shops and Services run by those players were shut down causing a spike in prices of those items and services, but they did that to themselves and the economy, not PSO2. Just the other day we had 115 players online at the same time.

I've been playing PSO2 since it's JP release date. When I feel Burnt out on PSO2, I play Ephinea PSOBB, and vice versa. I've reached level 200 and have multiple alts on PSOBB at at least 140 or higher since december 2018 when I started here. On PSO2 I have all classes to at least 75, and several 90's.

Overall by playing both games my enjoyment has increased. I actually found Ephinea because I was getting burnt out on PSO2. So I wouldn't worry about Ephinea. If anything, players that get burnt out on PSO2 that didn't know about Ephinea may come here in their down time or play in between Emergency Quests. We might see an increase in traffic/population thanks to PSO2 NA.
I've been gone for a minute, which "elite" players are you referring to?

The thread is about concern for the future of this server, not sharing tea :).

And the server is as healthy as it was when I joined it, actually healthier considering how well the 2019 Christmas Event went, not flooding the market with OP items.

The thread is about concern for the future of this server, not sharing tea :).

And the server is as healthy as it was when I joined it, actually healthier considering how well the 2019 Christmas Event went, not flooding the market with OP items.
Dont bring it up and then not talk about it. That's more annoying then even bringing it up in the first place.

PSO2 will make this server more popular. People will get nostalgic for PSO.

PSO2 gets some pretty insidious "pay to win" vibes after you start maxing things out and want to find ways to get stronger. People will burn out on it. Another huge disappointment with PSO2 is, rather than large content updates, they do tons of small ones. Spent two months saving up for that item of your dreams? A week later it's obsolete. This is far more obnoxious than anything Blizzard does in their games.

PSO2 does a lot of really douchey things that modern day MMOs are guilty of such as making certain items unable to be traded, as well. Not to mention event quests that interrupt what you're doing because their drops are beyond anything you can get from playing normally. Were you having fun just playing the game normally? Too bad; an event quest is up for the next hour and you'd better play it because the events are random and you might not see it again for a week.

PSO2 is highly abusive of the human psychological weakness of "fear of missing out" and it makes me angry that they exploit it to such a high degree.

(PSO2 does have an amazing combat system, though. I'll give it that.)

PSOBB has a mostly static but extremely long endgame, and will always be more enjoyable for that reason. When events happen on Ephinea, they're up for several weeks at a time and allow you to do them at your own pace.

Edit: Another gripe is that PSO2 does so many crossover events with other series (blatant cash grabs) that there's more non-PS content than PS content in the game now. It's dumb.

Last edited:
PSObb will outlive PSO2, its the server you play on that you need to worry about, the people who run it, as history repeats itself and great empires fall, like Schthack did due to poor management, it will be the same mistakes that sink this ship too.

You can already see the responsibilities have changed hands to those with management time rather than skill, just like Chrono and Lee did to scht, Soda has created a beautiful world but left it in the hands of people with attitudes that do not encourage community, longevity and enjoyment, but a 'if you don't like it don't play here, we do not care about your opinions.'

People might want things to drop onto their lap, through an event or otherwise.

Those people should not be playing PSO.

We're not going to be making gear more common through presents, sorry. Make as many posts as you want or write as many walls of text as you please, but PSO is a classic loot grinder and we're not going to change how fast that progression happens; it's already faster than standard.

Claiming things should be easier because the game (or server) is old is a rather fallacious argument. If you don't like the standard rates, why are you playing PSO?

Events are staying as they are from now on, and if that makes the game not worth playing for you, just... don't play it.

Sega servers were far more populated in the original release, we came close to a miracle 200 online users today, and the game is focused on group play, community and FUN.

This sense of community needs to be nurtured and promoted, not fragmenting communities even more.

In an ideal world all BB servers would be connected and available at the ship gate as one game.

I understand that it may come off as "we don't care about your opinion", and in some sense of the matter, that's true, but the point of posts like that is to highlight the fact that PSO is PSO, and it isn't going to be changing because people have moved on and want something different.

Ephinea is here to offer a PSO experience somewhat similar to the original, with some tweaks, not an overhaul.

And ultimately, if people don't like it, they don't like it. We're not going to be changing the game/server for people who don't like it.

to be what turns ppl off is all the locked games ppl in them solo and all the solo games all the time never many games going would be enough to turn off new ppl I believe it could grow but idk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back