How to make shortcuts for slots?

Figure4

Guildcard
I assume it's possible to have multiple shortcuts on my desktop for different character slots, by targetting online.exe and changing the command line parameter for each shortcut.

i.e
shorcut1 - slot1-4
shorcut2 - slot5-8
etc

This would speed up the process of switching between slot groups.

But what do I need to add to the command line?

Neither online.exe or psobb.exe process command line parameters to change your character slots.

What online.exe changes is a registry key (HKCU\Software\SonicTeam\PSOBB\Ephinea\CHARACTER_BANK), which is a DWORD.

You could probably make a batch file to do what you want, though, something like:

Code:
regedit.exe /s bank.reg
c:\users\somegoon\EphineaPSO\psobb.exe

Contents of bank.reg would look like so:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SonicTeam\PSOBB\Ephinea]
"CHARACTER_BANK"=dword:00000001

You can make multiple bank.reg files with different values for CHARACTER_BANK and have multiple batch files, or you could be fancy and do like this for your batch file (assuming you'll keep your registry files named bank1-bank9.reg or w/e in c:\users\somegoon\documents):

Code:
regedit.exe /s c:\users\somegoon\documents\bank%1.reg
c:\users\somegoon\EphineaPSO\psobb.exe

Then make a shortcut to that batch file and call it like "mybatch.bat 1" or "mybatch.bat 2"... or just call it from the Start Menu "Run" function...

Writing this kind of fast, but hope you understand what I am trying to explain here...

Maybe, some day, we will add command line to do it. =P

Top of his class, he is.
Soda never ceases to impress me with this stuff.
I know this was a relatively simple thing on the whole spectrum of coding, but I wouldn't doubt he might have written it in his sleep with no memory of doing so.
This is really neat, thank you both!

Last edited:
Back