Favourite Ephinea Changes

Absolutely zero cheating. The one person who cheated one time (method and person will not be named) was immediately banned and the method was patched.

If people remember how bad it was on PSO GC with the FSODs and memory card corruptions, they know we truly have a golden age of PSO.

We have it really good here. :3

I like the concept of HBR, not as much the way that it's executed (it's not bad but its not perfect either).
I like it in the way that it gives players a reason to hunt outside of events. Something that Blue Burst servers often struggled with back in the day and even now are that once an event is over, everybody leaves until the next event. Granted, players still do that now, but for those of us that do not, there is something there for us to work on while events are off that rewards us for consistent play, which is, was, and will always be something that this game thrives off of (consistent play). It's nice to feel rewarded for that kind of play, even if I dont personally take advantage of HBR like I should be. It's there for me when I want it, but if I don't, I don't have to care. That's pretty cool.

Most Multi-Player Quests enabled in Solo

Not always a good thing. Some time ago, I played on my FOnewearl for the first time in forever, went into a Solo session, and accidentally started up "The Missing Maracas" (I INTENDED to do "Lost HEAT SWORD" as a bit of a warm-up, but forgot to move the cursor). I swear, even in Solo mode, the timing on the two switches in Forest 1 is so tight, that it's practically impossible to hit both switches AND get Disc 2 by yourself, making it impossible to actually complete the quest (even if you go into Caves 1, the locked gate THERE requires Disc 4, which is deeper in Forest). That quest was specifically designed to be multiplayer-only, from the enemy placements/increased speeds to the co-op-based races against timers.

Other than that, I definitely agree.

(Edit: I MIGHT have went into a multiplayer session, but I don't recall. I'll check again if I get the chance to get on later.)

Last edited:
Absolutely zero cheating. The one person who cheated one time (method and person will not be named) was immediately banned and the method was patched.

If people remember how bad it was on PSO GC with the FSODs and memory card corruptions, they know we truly have a golden age of PSO.

Id like to note this isn’t even close to true.

Side note my favorite thing is probably mm quests on opm

Id like to note this isn’t even close to true.

Side note my favorite thing is probably mm quests on opm
Really? You could report it if its that far from the truth. Every server and platform before this had significantly worse hacking issues within the year, though.

Reactions: Wil
Since my anxiety makes it hard for me to meet people, and since I don't like playing with anyone I don't know, I have to say the fact you can play a lot of the online mode solo. I've seen some in quests that needed multiple people, but at least most of the switches that used to need two or more people have been changed to one person. Before coming here I was going to try another server, and as stupid as it may sound I only came here after learning that I could actually play on my own.

Since my anxiety makes it hard for me to meet people, and since I don't like playing with anyone I don't know, I have to say the fact you can play a lot of the online mode solo. I've seen some in quests that needed multiple people, but at least most of the switches that used to need two or more people have been changed to one person. Before coming here I was going to try another server, and as stupid as it may sound I only came here after learning that I could actually play on my own.
Awwwwwww? *Avoids POUNCING but glides warmly closer....* Soloing is kinda like fighting with a foot in a bucket dear. YES, you can still do it....but today's community isn't as TOXIC as it used to be~! A lot of us have grown considerably and know how to treat one another. Anxiety be Damned! Take a chance and allow yourself a little social therapy luv! *Puts Ville-san on her list of players to reach out to~! <3* But YES, the buttons was certainly a Nice touch! =D!

Awwwwwww? *Avoids POUNCING but glides warmly closer....* Soloing is kinda like fighting with a foot in a bucket dear. YES, you can still do it....but today's community isn't as TOXIC as it used to be~! A lot of us have grown considerably and know how to treat one another. Anxiety be Damned! Take a chance and allow yourself a little social therapy luv! *Puts Ville-san on her list of players to reach out to~! <3* But YES, the buttons was certainly a Nice touch! =D!
I just can't get past the anxiety. I actually used to play online on the Dreamcast, and played with people too, but as time goes by the anxiety just keeps getting worse and nothing helps. If a game is online only, or has an online mode where you have to interact with other people I panic. So if I play anything online it has to be something where I can avoid others, unless I'm playing with people I know, and thanks to the anxiety I only really have one friend though I do play PSO with them.

I'm not sure this is the place to really go into full details, but I will say that anxiety has taken a lot away from me and has left me a broken mess.

I just can't get past the anxiety. I actually used to play online on the Dreamcast, and played with people too, but as time goes by the anxiety just keeps getting worse and nothing helps. If a game is online only, or has an online mode where you have to interact with other people I panic. So if I play anything online it has to be something where I can avoid others, unless I'm playing with people I know, and thanks to the anxiety I only really have one friend though I do play PSO with them.

I'm not sure this is the place to really go into full details, but I will say that anxiety has taken a lot away from me and has left me a broken mess.
The fact that you opened up a just a little bit at all to post this already has mew believing in you dear. No full details are needed either luv. So if you're only comfy with playing with a close friend, your mew won't try to impose or imprint herself upon you and try dragging you kicking and screaming out into the community. You may find yourself feeling Moar comfy as time goes on with us here. Mew can only hope and watch carefully from a distance as you grow and hopefully claim Ephinea as your Home~. =3

PREACH it BROTHER~! <3!

Rabarta freezes everything here

Apparently that's how it was before scht but it certainly shocked me when I joined

I’d imagine it has to do with both Rabarta and Blizzard accessing the same float in the code.

I didn’t even know Rabarta got buffed with the change. Suppose I will have to go back and debug it, see where the Rabarta function is and point it to a new floating point which will be a copy of the floating point before being modified.

Wait did I just kill Rabarta?

Last edited:
It's just a joke to all of you.
upload_2019-10-20_11-59-9.png

"...Dear Matt, I wrote you but still ain't callin'
I left my Discord, Guild Card, and my Simple Mail at the bottom
I sent two letters 'bout Rabarta, you must not-a got 'em
There probably was a problem with the .dll or somethin'
Sometimes I lenny face too sloppy when I jot 'em
But anyways, fuck it, what's been up? Man how's your HUmar?
My PSO2 Waifu's pregnant too, I'm 'bout to be a father
If I have a daughter, guess what I'm a call her?..."

Not really a joke lol, just gotta accept it and move on. It's soda's server so he makes the calls. Like, I'm just not playing my hunl anymore after this, easy choice. Replacing her with Racast for my skyly hunts. Can Hunl be played like normal? Yeah of course, that goes without saying. But after playing with that rabarta buff I don't feel like goin back.

At least HUmar has some good power lolz.

Last edited:
If it breaks balancing, bugs should be removed. Although that "accidental feature" sounds like fun.

I love it here. I can not say anything about how much cheating or hacking is possible. But I have not had the impression yet, that stuff like that is a thing here.

What do I like about Ephinea Changes:

- Server Stability
- PSO2 Drops
- The Ticket System, although I still dont really get it
- Shared Banks
- Certain Stackable Items
- Some In-Game Options like changing the volume of Effects & Music
- That "Anguish" thing, although I am very far away from that
- No detectable cheating - Rewards and Findings do mean that much more beacause of it
- SHARED EXP
- Life Bars

... man I feel like I am listing every feature I know of lol

I think the best one , nobody has mentioned is PSO2 DROP style so everybody gets his own drops. That is an amazing change that makes a better community free from arguments and fights.... also makes economy interesting and with a huge variety.

Back