- 82 Mind
- 39 Evade
- 23 Luck
--------------------------------
All stats maxed out

I think this is better than using a C/ab for RAmarl !:D

Last edited:
Min-Max
Mags: 5/88/61/46, 5/93/101/1, 55/x/x/59 (2nd Mag is for Episode 2, so you can wear V502 instead of Adept) (3rd Mag is for nuking, so you can max DFP/MST with only V801)
Units: V101, V801, Adept
Materials:
- 140 Mind
- 10 Luck
[/spoiler]

So I was checking the FOnewn guide and I found a small issue with with the mats... if you go with the 140 Mind and 10 luck, you are wasting 10 Mats
Units: V101, V801, ADEPT, SMARTLINK
Mag: 5/88/61/46 @ LV 200
Mats:
- 140 Mind
- 10 Luck
Stats:
ATP: 0
DFP: -25
MST: +20
ATA: 0
EVP: -123
LCK: -25

While using 127 Mind Mats and 23 Luck Mats
Stats:
ATP: 0
MST: -6
ATA: 0
LCK: +1

Of course you can work around the mag to get rid of 3 POW for 3 MIND if your priority is maxing MST over ATP.

Now using this mat plan, the mags would be:
Adept Build
Units: V101, V801, ADEPT, SMARTLINK
Mag: 5/88/61/46 @ LV 200
- 127 Mind
- 23 Luck
All stats maxed out except:
MST: -6

V502 build
Units: V101, V801, V502
Mag: 5/93/101/1 @ LV 200
- 127 Mind
- 23 Luck
DFP: -35
MST: -106
EVP: -133
LCK: -9

It's only+20 MST over in that build because of Red Ring (which is needed for accuracy in say E2 where you don't tech as much). If you unequip the RR you will loose that +20 MST (which you do often to use merges) and you still want to be maxed at this point.

It's only+20 MST over in that build because of Red Ring (which is needed for accuracy in say E2 where you don't tech as much). If you unequip the RR you will loose that +20 MST (which you do often to use merges) and you still want to be maxed at this point.

<3 thx a lot

RAmarl @ LV 200
Shield: RED RING
Units: V101, ADEPT
Mag: 5/144/6/45 @ LV 200
Mats: 0 left
- 45 Power
- 61 Def
- 82 Mind
- 39 Evade
- 23 Luck
All stats maxed out

I think this is better than using a C/ab for RAmarl !:D

The build is workable but it can't have pb blast with that mag stats, so I adjust it as below.

RAmarl @ LV 200
Shield: RED RING
Units: V101, ADEPT
Mag: 10/144/6/40 @ LV 200
Mats: 0 left
- 45 Power
- 58 Def
- 85 Mind
- 39 Evade
- 23 Luck
MST: -4

you can still max MST with one of these gears : HS, Rika's Claw, or V801.

Last edited:
Also remember evade mats are mostly useless for all builds in general because its better to get knocked down and avoid heavy damage on the floor than it is to get hit a bunch while standing up and dying
what i mean is evasion mats will stop you getting knocked down and while you are knocked down you get a large invulnerability window
its better to take advantage of that window by not stacking evp

what i mean is if you got 5 really strong guys all charging you at once
with high evp you will take the damage and not get knocked down
so you take high damage form all 5 guys (dead)
but with low evp the first guy knocks you down and the other 4 miss because of your invulnerability window

Having enough DFP (600+) (IE Ract, Racl, Huct) and a well thought out dfp build (IE, BHC/RR or similar) with D/J 30 can mean you walk around basically only weak to set damage and techs.

You will also always get enough HP to stop getting knocked down from attacks as you level up, so investing in DFP/EVP shouldn't be avoided because of that.

Only reason to not invest in DFP/EVP is because you want more offensive stats early on.

Well the way I see it is EVP is a dump stat for all classes
edit @Matt the idea of not stacking evp isnt to avoid knockdowns
its so you DO get knockdowns
You mitigate a lot more damage by being knocked down than you do by not being knocked down
EVP is kind of useless in ultimate because it rarely works outside of Forest, Caves, and Temple. But you're saying EVP prevents knockdowns. Although that is certainly true,
  1. Getting hit by *most attacks* but having enough HP will leave you standing after taking a hit. Exceptions are the small number of attacks that always knock you down. This is why Baranz missiles are so deadly in multimode ultimate.
  2. Having enough DFP can block attacks and leave you standing. This happens a lot with Jellen or PB SD when you're a high enough level on most characters. DFP and EVP blocks look *mostly* the same (see Ives's post).

Last edited:
Not quite. An EVP block leaves you standing in place, while a DFP block causes you to scoot backwards. This is how you can tell which stat you used to block the attack, although if you have enough EVP to block and enough DFP to take 0 damage, EVP blocking takes priority over DFP blocking, IIRC.
Oh, you're right. Corrected my post above. Thanks!

Last edited:
RAmarl's lv 157+ Clio plan lists Red Ring that cannot be wore before 180.

because its the endgame equips. It will not max all stats at level 157.

because its the endgame equips. It will not max all stats at level 157.

This. The main point of the build is that with planned mat distribution (barring Red Ring, possibly), RAmarl will be able to use Clio and benefit from the doubled Zalure range by level 157. Which, depending on your setup and team comps (i.e. whether or not you have any FOs with lvl 30 S/D/J/Z), can be useful (especially in solo play). You need 900 MST minimum to use Clio, and the RAmarl and HUney are the only two non-FO classes that can reach that benchmark.

Hey,

I have a FOnewearl, and was going for the Min-Max plan, but recently I accidentally ate a power mat with this character.

I was wondering if there is an easy fix to this problem that would not involve having to do a mat reset?

Could someone please respond with any ideas?

Also, could someone also recommend a ratio of HP mats:TP mats for this plan as well?

Thanks!

You can just change the mag. 1 Material is 1 POW or MIND level, so if you ate a Power Material, reduce the mag power level by 1 and increase the mind power level by 1 to get the same end result.

There is no recommended ratio for HP/TP mats as the 125 cap is completely separate. You can just use 125 of both. All plans assume you just do that as there's no reason not to.

You can just change the mag. 1 Material is 1 POW or MIND level, so if you ate a Power Material, reduce the mag power level by 1 and increase the mind power level by 1 to get the same end result.

There is no recommended ratio for HP/TP mats as the 125 cap is completely separate. You can just use 125 of both. All plans assume you just do that as there's no reason not to.

1. I forgot to include some information that might be crucial to any proposed fix. I'd already eaten the 148 mind mats prescribed by the Min-Max plan. the problem was that for the 149th mat I ate a power mat instead of a Def mat. I'm still at only 149 mats eaten. Does this change the fix at all @Matt ?

2. I thought that the "125 Cap" was the total amount of HP and TP mats you could eat altogether. (e.g. 55 HP + 70 TP = 125 max) That's not the case?

Last edited:
No, it's 125 each.

Yeah, it does change the result as you'll be -1 DFP at the end (can move the POW into DEF, but DEF on MAG is only 1 point).

It doesn't really matter though, 1 DFP won't make any difference other than knowing it's the absolute best you could have.

I have a question about the FoMar plan:

Min-Max
Mags: 5/117/46/32, 19/x/x/40 (2nd Mag is for nuking, so you can max DFP/MST with only V801)
Units: V101, V801
Materials:
- 65 Def
- 133 Mind
- 14 Evade
- 38 Luck

Max Stats
Mag: 5/112/20/63
Materials:
- 60 Def
- 97 Mind
- 38 Evade
- 33 Luck
+ 22 Free

What units would make the Min-Max build worth it? I guess the next two units you might get would be a v502 and a SmartLink? Wouldn't an Adept be better than a SmartLink though? So isn't the Max route more ideal? Or is there any reason to prefer some other unit to an Adept?

I have a question about the FoMar plan:

Min-Max
Mags: 5/117/46/32, 19/x/x/40 (2nd Mag is for nuking, so you can max DFP/MST with only V801)
Units: V101, V801
Materials:
- 65 Def
- 133 Mind
- 14 Evade
- 38 Luck

Max Stats
Mag: 5/112/20/63
Materials:
- 60 Def
- 97 Mind
- 38 Evade
- 33 Luck
+ 22 Free

What units would make the Min-Max build worth it? I guess the next two units you might get would be a v502 and a SmartLink? Wouldn't an Adept be better than a SmartLink though? So isn't the Max route more ideal? Or is there any reason to prefer some other unit to an Adept?

You can check out some unit suggestions at the bottom of this page in the Ephinea Wiki article for FOmar, and you can also make a few edits to the Min-Max and Max plans in this post to make your own plan. Also, here's the same material plans for FOmar on the Ephinea Wiki.

In an attempt to describe some low level tactics, FOmar needs to stay alive with a lot HP, so getting a lot of HP materials, or using a Heavenly/HP can be a temporarily useful unit until you level that class up to like Lv200. The same can be said for defence, but HP is more important due to attacks that always hit a set amount of HP. Ignoring other units like Cure/ units and Resist/ units for certain situations, it takes some wisdom to know what's helpful in the moment. Here's another article from the Ephinea Wiki to see all of the units.

To directly answer your questions though, I would argue that an Adept is great to use before you max out your ATA; once you have reached a point where you have the right mag and the levels such that the extra ATA is no longer required, that unit can be safely deposited or unequipped if you want to really spam gifoie in certain situations or if you do not want to have a mag with too much DEX that lowers POW and/or MIND stats (hence hold you back) for the rest of your life.

Keep in mind that a V502 isn't as important as the other units since we're talking about FOmar here. He isn't expected to be as accurate as RAmar, RAcast, or even HUcast, but that doesn't mean that he can't do anything with a Hell Raygun with high hit and a V502. So that's one way to look at how limited in scope a V502 can be for this class. If it really comes down to a FOmar needing to be the one that uses an Arrest weapon in a party of four, then someone is slacking off, and it isn't this FOmar.

I won't really go on with a Smartlink since that's the fifth unit that comes with everyone who "roles" with a Ranger, so for anybody that wants to throw projectiles, including the Derp Flow special attack at near face-to-face distance, I refer you to this short summary.

It's advised to be as versatile with these units (and other gear) as possible since this is not a class for players that are new to role-playing a Force with potentially powerful melee skills given the right gear. I suppose the Max plan is okay, but you do have to wait a long while to get everything in order, so I would think that most players settle for a Min-Max build and reset their materials to upgrade to the Max Stats build later.

Last edited:
Back