Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming to the west!

I like PSO 1 a lot more than 2. 2 is a solid MMO but its not even close to as good as PSO classics dungeon crawling. Though I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it. It was just hard to get into having to update the game and the Englsih patch every time I open the Tweaker and I joined late so all the English players were all so over leveled and I never really got into parties. I'll still play it to show Sega there is interest in Phantasy Star in the West so they don't screw us over again (even though I know they will).

I was so excited when I heard it was coming to the west...again but for real this time. Don't get me wrong, pso1 is great but I think I would rather play pso2.

SQUEEeeee!!!!! With all this Hype...we can only wait again with bated breath til it happens...PSO2 is GORGEOUS and all, but EVERYONE Who's played it All came running back saying the 'Same thing!'..."It just doesn't have the same CHARM as the Original!" And of course it has the TWO of mew's most fave things things PSO original has been lacking... BOUNCING BOOBIES! XD! Ok, well mew'll now quietly take her place among the rest of the skeptical devoutees and twiddle our paws waiting patiently....expectantly.....nervously......Anxiously...... ...... ... GAAAAAAAH!!!!
I know I am never on ephinea but I hope we can play sometime on pso2 in 2020 mew.

I like both games, but I don't know if I'll make the jump to PSO2Eng yet considering how invested I am on the JP servers already. A lot will depend on the details, which aren't known at this point.

wait, bouncing boobies? IN.
SEGA knows their target audience.

Spoiler tags for Not Mind Safe PSO2 player fashion:
CbezG7t.png

"KANEDAAA HELP MEEEE"

I'm a lil late but.

This made my day, cheers for - finally - having some form of western release.

I'm looking forward to finally being able to try this out. Kinda still a bit upset it took this long, but at least I won't have to buy it now.

i don't think you had to buy it before
unless you were like me and couldn't live with a small inventory and a lack of bazette
maybe ill give this game another look if my costumes and voices come (ha ha)

I think I’ll give her a whirl as well. I know I wanted to play when they released in Japan but never thought would take this long to get released state side.

@Ace_The_Black you don't need to buy the game, can start playing right now on jp server with an almost English client, having those incredibly fast patches after jp content is released (guess you do need to buy the same stuff as you will do later in a western release, like inventory slot but you don't have to buy anything) . Does anybody really believe Sega will threaten pso2 well? We're at Episode 6 right now, wonder if the western release will ever see all content before they release pso3 (which isn't to far away since one of the staff said pso2 will last for 10 years...).

PSO2 NA is being released with all current content.

There's also something to be said for playing with low ping and part of a full English community with full support from the company dealing with the game.

People like to downplay the advantages of a proper localised server, but there's many reasons people don't want to play on foreign servers.

I agree with Matt. I feel like it was difficult to find people to play with who spoke English, which is what drove me away from the game. Not saying I mind playing with JP players, I just don't speak or understand it and I enjoy the occasional in game banter. Playing alone or with a language barrier does get dull after a while. The English translation patches had some flaws as well and finding guides/advice on the game was a limited in English. It will definitely be nice to try the game again on a localized server.

It might not be streamed. It could just have the servers being hosted on the Azure platform, not the actual game.

If they're streaming the actual game, I might have to pass as well. :( (Depends on the lag to/from the server.)
Part of what killed PSO2 for me was the pressure for speed runs and public events in the meta, that became near impossible due to server lag in the states.

Back