Advice on Section ID distribution across classes

Evren

Guildcard
Hi all! I'm hoping to get some opinions on how to spread out Section IDs across my account so I can maybe hunt some stuff on my own or in groups. I tend to hunt stuff solo, though HBR could change that as it rotates out, and I do still play with groups sometimes.

What I am unfamiliar with is how difficult it is to hunt certain things with various classes, especially solo. Ideas of what IDs to assign to each character would be helpful! I'm willing to change any ID of any character, and I can get more to 80 this week.
  • My main is RAmarl, 140+ Whitill. This character is my priority for hunting drops to use, as well as doing the hunting, esp. solo.
  • FOnewm 80+ Pinkal
  • FOnewearl 80+ Oran
  • HUmar 90+ Redria
  • FOmar 50+ Purplenum
  • HUcaseal 40+ Skyly
  • Planning to level a RAcast, currently Whitill
  • Might as well eventually have one character of every ID, prefer not to double up classes
Current wants/things to hunt:
  • V101 - bought!
  • V501/502
  • V801
  • PDs/PCs
  • Cannon Rouge
  • Lame d'Argent
  • Vivienne
  • Clio
  • Red Ring
  • Limiter
  • Spread Needle
  • Frozen Shooter
  • Rambling May
  • Swordsman Lore
  • Ideas for other good hunts also welcome!

Last edited:
These are my IDs

HUmar - doesn't matter its a trash class
HUcast - Oran
HUnewearl - Whitill
HUcaseal - Skyly

RAmar - Viridia
RAcast - Yellowboze
RAmarl - Purplenum
RAcaseal - Bluefull

FOmar - Pinkal
FOnewm - Greenill
FOmarl - Skyly
FOnewearl - Redria

Thanks for that Scotty, I'm going to dig through the charts and keep those choices in mind.

I realized I should probably consider what content I enjoy playing most. My answer to that is Episodes 1 and 4. With that in mind, I should pick an ID for my RAmarl that has good hunts in each. Anime's post on section IDs will help.

I need to figure out an optimal playstyle, class and ID for Episode 2. Getting a Hell Needle will help, and I can have a second Ranger with a good ID for that purpose. But I want to get better at Hunters and Forces too.

Last edited:
Back